Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
He has the unfair advantage of knowing how terrible the service is.

Just submit like 800 Express books at the same time so you can indefinitely delay your own Economy books.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
If I didn't write them down, I literally wouldn't be able to remember the books I submitted.
Post 127 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
are they grading moderns from this year yet ?
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
are they grading moderns from this year yet ?
@beastboy1980

I would be shocked if they were.

I have 5 orders (1 per month) since Sept 5 2021. All marked as received still. Last I saw on this board was someone saying theirs has just started grading and that order was for August 2021.
Post 129 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
how is this possible
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
how is this possible

In business days once received.

Post 131 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Open CBCS Expanded Orders

1) Delivered 8/10/21, Entered 10/15/21, Grading 2/18/22, Labels 3/1/22, Complete 5/6/22 (268 total days)
2) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22
3) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22
4) Delivered 9/08/21, Entered 11/08/21
5) Delivered 9/17/21, Entered 11/12/21, Grading 5/19/22
6) Delivered 9/20/21, Entered 11/11/21

A little out of order, we'll see how the rest of it goes.

Open CGC Economy Orders

1) Delivered 9/09/21, Entered 9/14/21
2) Delivered 9/24/21, Entered 10/21/21
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector Kasperb991 private msg quote post Address this user
Quick question when you all recieve your books back do they normally come fedex signature required ?
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector Grayson2020 private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted in august 2020. No pressing. No signature certification. Only signature witnessed. They said they received in their office October 2020. It’s now june 2021. This normal?
Post 134 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
My order from early July 2021 grade only was finished by late March. I would assume that all August 2021 orders would be complete by late May/Early June. I'm sure the new express tiers have pushed those orders back even more, which is ridiculous.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Where have people had the most luck contacting customer service? Phone? Email? Here?
Post 136 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
A few weeks ago I had asked on the forum and via email if CBCS graded TV Guides.
Radio silence via email
Eventually a CBCS rep responded within the forum.

So for me, email does not work. Forum seems to work after some undetermined timeframe.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector SlayerRick710 private msg quote post Address this user
I emailed for a status check last week and to my surprise I got a immediate response but before it would take a week for a response but I don't trust that they'll get back with speed buy in my experience I always got a response now how fast that's a different story. Just be patient
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector los2863 private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson, getting a hold of CS is the luck of the draw. I was actually able to leave a message about an email that was sent and received a call back a few days later. But getting a straight answer is questionable.

I will preface this with I do not actually blame CS for that. Based on the responses i received from the CS rep i will start pushing blame to a shoddy infrastructure and or procedures.

The rep was able to answer one of my questions as it was related to how I could redeem unused Silver member discounts with no problems.

The second question was where he did his best to answer but did not have a clear answer. All i wanted to know is: where along the process was my order from Sept 2021. He knew I had paid for Fast Pass / Fast Press. He "thinks" it's in pressing still. But he couldn't tell me where in the queue it was or when it even made it to the pressing room. What's the point of a bar code on top of the invoice if it's not being used to track the order.

Sorry for the rant, like many others just would like some sort of transparency for where my books are in the process.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector Edgar_albarez private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted two books for sig verification and grading in February and still nothing it won’t even let me download the invoice to see if it moved it’s still saying in billing cbcs is definitely not worth the money at this point I just want my comics back
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector WndrWmn74 private msg quote post Address this user
Can I ask where I can send inquiries to?
Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
how is this possible

I'm still waiting on non-fast anything modern with some rapid mixed in orders from last August...so...no way there's on 2022 yet. They have 4 more months of backlog PLUS all the new guaranteed tier submissions coming in that are jumping the line. My guess it that they won't be on standard tier 2022 until sometime in September of this year.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
My September 2021 fast pass and fast press order one from heat seal back to greeting. Which is lame I thought it'd be shipping next. I'm hoping nothing went wrong I may have to regrade my books. Hopefully they can come back this week. My 2 Express orders received last week are now in heat seal.
Post 143 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WndrWmn74
Can I ask where I can send inquiries to?

I send questions to;
customerservice@cbcscomics.com
Sometimes it may take them a week or more to reply, but I have always gotten answered emails.
Hope you enjoyed the Mega-Con...
Post 144 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
My order from early July 2021 grade only was finished by late March. I would assume that all August 2021 orders would be complete by late May/Early June. I'm sure the new express tiers have pushed those orders back even more, which is ridiculous.

I received my 30 book no press just grade order back three weeks ago from August 16 received submission.
Now waiting on September 12 received 30 book no press just grade submission.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
does this mean its been sign this time??Dear Michael Gee,

We are happy to notify you that your CBCS submission 22-0ED20AC has been received by the CBCS Receiving Department

We will send you email updates as the order moves along through the process. At any time, you can check the status of your order at https://www.cbcscomics.com/account and log into your account. Once you are logged in on your dashboard you can view the status on any order by clicking on its link.

Again, we thank you for choosing CBCS and we look forward to servicing all your comic book grading and certification needs.

Happy collecting!
The CBCS team
Post 146 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
something odd going on......

My Nov with fast press and fast pass is now in grading - my normal November orders are in pressing my Steranko Feb order with pressing is in ShipToCanada but my Feb order for Conway is in billing (even though I've fully paid)

All orders just moved massive status - not sure I believe the Steranko - how does that get done pressing (no fast option taken) and move to Shipping in only 4 months??

Oddly my March order (2021) has been ready for pick up for a while but hasn't been - didn't have it marked as pickup by MCS even though I wrote it in? and my April and May orders (2021) I've had in hand for a month or more but still no grades or more importantly notes available....even though I've now sent some of those books to MCS to sell!!
Post 147 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics re: Steranko sub....would Pressing happen before or after signature? Presumably after but if before then that might explain why it went through so fast so the book hits the signature window for Steranko.

My Steranko sub is still in Received status.
Post 148 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
something odd going on......

My Nov with fast press and fast pass is now in grading - my normal November orders are in pressing my Steranko Feb order with pressing is in ShipToCanada but my Feb order for Conway is in billing (even though I've fully paid)

All orders just moved massive status - not sure I believe the Steranko - how does that get done pressing (no fast option taken) and move to Shipping in only 4 months??

Oddly my March order (2021) has been ready for pick up for a while but hasn't been - didn't have it marked as pickup by MCS even though I wrote it in? and my April and May orders (2021) I've had in hand for a month or more but still no grades or more importantly notes available....even though I've now sent some of those books to MCS to sell!!

does this mean they are catching up to the new years orders
Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
My friend who submitted his stuff the day before me at the same store got his order back 3 weeks ago. I can't imagine mine being that far behind.
Post 150 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@KatKomics re: Steranko sub....would Pressing happen before or after signature? Presumably after but if before then that might explain why it went through so fast so the book hits the signature window for Steranko.

something odd then...mine is at ShiptoCanada....can't possibly be right
Post 151 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

something odd then...mine is at ShiptoCanada....can't possibly be right

Not sure but it would be very nice if your ShipToCanada status was right.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
So here's something new....and I would looooove if someone from cbcs would get back to me about this...
It appears cbcs has retroactively changed my tier and removed fast pass
(Disclaimer- books are now in grading)
Here is the original paper invoice. It denotes fast pass for both tiers-

Here is the screen that updated to show grading and the fast pass has been removed-

Now- I'm not much of a tinfoil hat kinda guy, but that sure looks like a company trying to cover up for a mistake...
Anyone ever seen anything like that before?
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
whats wrong with this??Department of Truth #1 [1975]
Image, Bronze Age

James Tynion IV (date: 05/20/2022, encapsulate even if verification fails)
Martin Simmonds (date: 05/20/2022, encapsulate even if verification fails)

Grading tier: $45.00Fast Pass: $15.00Authentic: $5.00(Fast Pressing: $91.00)
x2 x1 $156.00---Now this was a press screening because i didnt think it need pressing. not sure how it became a fast press. now these are the books that was sent in at the same time.-Batman #89 [2020]
DC, Modern Age

James Tynion IV (date: 11/17/2021, encapsulate even if verification fails)

Processing tier: $16.00Authentic: $5.00Pressing: $0.00Press Screening: $5.00
x1 x1 $26.00
Something is Killing the Children #1 [2019]
Boom, Modern Age

Werther Dell'Edera (date: 09/25/2021, encapsulate even if verification fails)

x2 x1 $26.00
Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen #3 [2020]
DC, Modern Age

x1 x1 $26.00- ok guys help me understand please
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson when you click on the individual comics they don't show fastpass?
Post 155 IP   flag post
598066 999 30