Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector FoggysPal private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordofmars
Been a few months since I got all my books back, came back in here hoping TATs has improved so I could send some more in. Guess I will have to keep sending in to CGC.

What is the turnaround at CGC if you don't pay extra to rush it?
Post 901 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't worry - they're working on it
Post 902 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoggysPal
What is the turnaround at CGC if you don't pay extra to rush it?

Depends on what you submit. Moderns have a turn time of just a couple months. However, my vintage order just crossed the one calendar year boundary since delivery and is still just collecting dust in the "Scheduled For Grading" state.
Post 903 IP   flag post
Collector Bobsaget private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone have an example of tat on a pre screen modern order? I have 2 orders one from Nov 2021 and Feb 2022 of 10 modern books pre screen that just say received. I hope CBCS gets it together because they grade slightly better and their case is substantially better but due to standard tat and the huge jump on express pricing I'm forced to go to CGC.
Post 904 IP   flag post
Collector tylerindo private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator how do i block you so I don't have to read your whining?
Post 905 IP   flag post

Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsaget
Does anyone have an example of tat on a pre screen modern order? I have 2 orders one from Nov 2021 and Feb 2022 of 10 modern books pre screen that just say received. I hope CBCS gets it together because they grade slightly better and their case is substantially better but due to standard tat and the huge jump on express pricing I'm forced to go to CGC.

@Bobsaget - I have a pre-screen modern from 8/23/2021 that is still in "Heatseal" and has been that way for around three months. It's a large order at 270 books so that might have something to do with the extra long TAT.
Post 906 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@tylerindo - First off, my avatar is pretty recognizable, so just scroll past it. Simple.

Secondly, if there is a term that does not fit my posts, it's "whining". Perhaps some self-reflection is due on your part.

People come to this thread for insight on TAT's and what they may or may not receive as far as notifications. I have not once complained about TAT's. Instead, I am providing detail on the movement and notifications so others can get an indication of what they might experience. Were I "whining" about such, I probably wouldn't be continuing to submit comics.
Post 907 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerindo
@Scifinator how do i block you so I don't have to read your whining?

Is this irony?

This thread is about TATs and Scifinator's post provide information in that regard. If you don't like certain posters or threads JUST SCROLL ON BY it's easier on everyone.
Post 908 IP   flag post
@Bobsaget you may get movement on the November order soon I think it could be a while for your other order. I think they are still working on the September and October 2021 orders. However, there are exceptions as I am hearing of order before and after those months that have gone into the grading stream or they are still sitting in limbo. It would be nice to have the TAT scene clearer because it's hard to know exactly what is being worked on when you are told that they are working on one month but are still hearing of unfulfilled orders from before that month or orders after getting into the grading stream.

That being said, I do think that your November 2021 should see movement soon, maybe by the end of the month.
Post 909 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkinWillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsaget

@Bobsaget - I have a pre-screen modern from 8/23/2021 that is still in "Heatseal" and has been that way for around three months. It's a large order at 270 books so that might have something to do with the extra long TAT.

@WalkinWillie - You are correct, that CBCS will take larger groups of orders and break them up so as not to gum up the works as much for other submitters. They gave me that heads up before I dumped the SDCC submission on them in 2019. It also looks to be the case for my June 2021 and July 2021 submissions as they have been sporadically completed (Still 1 June 2021 to go; not whining, as all have come back under the estimated TAT so far). Your single submission of 270 books is interesting. One of their middle mgmt people told me in 2019 that they like to keep submissions around 2-3 dozen, as they get a little more difficult to process when doing 50, 100, plus. That is part of why I break most of mine down to 30. Yours being 270 would probably also keep it in HeatSeal for longer than usual, but if yours had no Pressing, you probably did get broken up into sub-batches. If you did have some pressed, then you are ahead of the curve.
Post 910 IP   flag post
Collector dwhitwo254 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got 17 books back I gave to cbcs reps at local convention in September 2021. Started processing 16 Bronze Age snd 1 silver age books on November 16 2021.

Not only did it take a year since I gave them for transport but most are graded a full grade or more less than the con rep thought they would be. At least my moon knight 1 is a 9.6. Lol

Not happy in the least with any of the experience.
Post 911 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@tylerindo - First off, my avatar is pretty recognizable, so just scroll past it. Simple.

Secondly, if there is a term that does not fit my posts, it's "whining". Perhaps some self-reflection is due on your part.

People come to this thread for insight on TAT's and what they may or may not receive as far as notifications. I have not once complained about TAT's. Instead, I am providing detail on the movement and notifications so others can get an indication of what they might experience. Were I "whining" about such, I probably wouldn't be continuing to submit comics.

There's always someone who has to complain. Anyone who has been in the forum for any amount of time knows you have as many (if not more) books in the system that anyone else here. And the information on movement is very helpful to let everyone see the time lines on your submissions as they move through the system so they can gage where their own books may be.

Since the dash boards are so not updated timely as the should be, the only way to have any idea where a particular submission might me is by seeing what members share in this thread.
And I am certain I speak for the majority that the info you provide is helpful and appreciated.

Soooooooo....

Post 912 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Yours being 270 would probably keep it in HeatSeal for longer than usual, but if yours had no Pressing, you probably did get broken up into sub-batches. If you did have some pressed, then you are ahead of the curve.

@Scifinator - No pressing on that order. Thanks for your input.
Post 913 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67
Post 914 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhitwo254
Just got 17 books back I gave to cbcs reps at local convention in September 2021. Started processing 16 Bronze Age snd 1 silver age books on November 16 2021.

Not only did it take a year since I gave them for transport but most are graded a full grade or more less than the con rep thought they would be. At least my moon knight 1 is a 9.6. Lol

Howdy, In the future, consider grade pre-screen.
If you "think" a book is a 9.8, set the pre-screen at 9.8.
If it doesn't pass, it will get rejected and will not be graded.
That's the ONLY way I submit books...
Post 915 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
@Bobsaget you may get movement on the November order soon I think it could be a while for your other order. I think they are still working on the September and October 2021 orders. However, there are exceptions as I am hearing of order before and after those months that have gone into the grading stream or they are still sitting in limbo. It would be nice to have the TAT scene clearer because it's hard to know exactly what is being worked on when you are told that they are working on one month but are still hearing of unfulfilled orders from before that month or orders after getting into the grading stream.

That being said, I do think that your November 2021 should see movement soon, maybe by the end of the month.

There does not seem to be any movement or desire to fix these TAT issues. With the lack of communication and the new "Pay more" tier they strategically implemented, why would they fix it? they are getting the best of both worlds. Our money for over a year without having to do anything and collecting extra on the new tier which they wouldn't have if they did fix the TAT issues.

I have 49 books submitted(grading only) for almost a year without entering the grading floor. When I submitted, the TAT was way less then half of what they are now. Would have been nice to get the back log managed before implementing the "Pay more" tier but that has just added to this issue. We were never given options and people are extremely fed up. People on these boards saying "Welcome to the club" or "don't worry they will get to it when they are ready" and the best one, "No they are not lost". How can you not be fed up with this process. We in good faith paid for a service and have been absolutely forgotten.

If we would have known that TAT were going to be over a year, do you think anyone would have submitted? I am not even going to mention the current pressing TAT or non existent customer service.

OK Rant over!
Post 916 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonman454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder

There does not seem to be any movement or desire to fix these TAT issues. With the lack of communication and the new "Pay more" tier they strategically implemented, why would they fix it? they are getting the best of both worlds. Our money for over a year without having to do anything and collecting extra on the new tier which they wouldn't have if they did fix the TAT issues.

I have 49 books submitted(grading only) for almost a year without entering the grading floor. When I submitted, the TAT was way less then half of what they are now. Would have been nice to get the back log managed before implementing the "Pay more" tier but that has just added to this issue. We were never given options and people are extremely fed up. People on these boards saying "Welcome to the club" or "don't worry they will get to it when they are ready" and the best one, "No they are not lost". How can you not be fed up with this process. We in good faith paid for a service and have been absolutely forgotten.

If we would have known that TAT were going to be over a year, do you think anyone would have submitted? I am not even going to mention the current pressing TAT or non existent customer service.

OK Rant over!

Agreed. I have said elsewhere that I don't believe anything they say about TATs and other services unless it means more money they can charge. They have promised Magazine grading for how long now? They are grading September books but yet "newer" orders have been getting graded (rarely but it happens) while many other older orders are still sitting in limbo. However, new expensive tiers, oh those are going into effect right away and if you want to get your books back sooner then "just pay more" if you can they just don't seem to care.

There's also no apparent rhyme or reason how to treat the backlog.

Customer service has been going down the road to non-existence since just after my last submission in 2017 when their original in-house CS person moved on to greener pastures.
Post 917 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonman454
With the lack of communication and the new "Pay more" tier they strategically implemented, why would they fix it?

Guy has a point
Post 918 IP   flag post
Collector madvitale private msg quote post Address this user
@Londonman454 I'm with you, brother! Not only do I have the same experience as you detail, but to add to it, when I finally got a year-old shipment back a couple weeks ago, one of the books that was 'graded' did not come back in the hard-plastic container! Was in what looks to me to be a sealed mylar sleeve and the certificate that would be at the top of the case was in a separate simple-plastic bag! As you know, I cannot get a human being to address this. Sent multiple emails and 3 phone messages. At least at CGC you can get to talk to a human. They may not have all the answers, but errors on their end (and I've had them) have always been handled relatively quickly. Guess it's time to go back to them.....Oy.
Post 919 IP   flag post
Collector RonC private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone gotten any Modern, not pressed books submitted at last year's Baltimore Comic Con back yet?
Post 920 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC
Has anyone gotten any Modern, not pressed books submitted at last year's Baltimore Comic Con back yet?

No, and mine haven't entered grading yet. In two days, they will be 11 months old on what was a 24 week TAT.

I still hope to get them back this calendar year. They represent my final outstanding submission to CGCS
Post 921 IP   flag post
Collector JustAThought private msg quote post Address this user
My comics are showing Certified!
Yay. I did my usual monthly check a couple weeks ago and everything was still in grading so apparently I missed the switch of status.
So basically 1 year. Just need to get them back now in their pretty slabs.
No emails or other communication so not quite sure what's up. Just a list of grades (with notes).
The grades and notes pretty much match my expectations - I had sent in 6 books from an expected 4 to a 9.6. The bottom two were graded .5 lower than I thought but c'est la vie.

Edit:
Well DaMN. I missed all the drama. Slabs arrived. See y'all next life.
Post 922 IP   flag post
@JustAThought Excellent! I got notification at the various stages, which I hadn't expected. Mine are just waiting to ship back to Canada. Not sure if I will get notification nor am I sure they got my email telling them which of the two addresses on file, both still current, that I wanted them to ship to. I have heard from fellow Canadians that many didn't get the shipping notice and the books just showed up one day so who knows what will happen lol.
Post 923 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
"Vintage" (Pre-1975) Orders from September 2021 (One calendar year and counting!)

All CBCS orders are complete, the first one came back three months ago, the last one came back one month ago. The final CGC order is the lone straggler, it celebrates a birthday at their facility on Saturday where it still sits collecting dust.

CBCS Expanded

1) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/15/22 (281 total days)
2) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/24/22 (290 total days)
3) Delivered 9/08/21, Entered 11/08/21, Grading 6/03/22, Labels 6/8/22, Complete 7/08/22 (303 total days)
4) Delivered 9/17/21, Entered 11/12/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/18/22, Complete 6/20/22 (276 total days)
5) Delivered 9/20/21, Entered 11/11/21, Grading 7/06/22, Labels 8/13/22, Complete 8/26/22 (340 total days)

CGC Economy

1) Delivered 9/09/21, Entered 9/14/21, G/E/I 8/09/22, G/QC 8/19/22, Shipped 8/22/22. (349 total days)
2) Delivered 9/24/21, Entered 10/21/21
Post 924 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@dwhitwo254 Was this RCCC by any chance? Sounds a lot like my order. Though mine was 140 books and they are still in "labels".

Also not happy here either.
Post 925 IP   flag post
Collector dwhitwo254 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
Quote:

@dwhitwo254 Was this RCCC by any chance? Sounds a lot like my order. Though mine was 140 books and they are still in "labels".

Also not happy here either.
@SidTheSquid

Not sure what RCCC is but it’s a couple out of eastern TN and was at a comic con in Kentucky
Post 926 IP   flag post
No notification received, but a quick check of my submissions this morning and a click of the "Print Invoice" hyperlink button, I see movement from Grading sub-level "Grading" to "Labels" below in Bold

Delivered to CBCS on June 8th 2021 in two separate boxes. (All standard, w/out any FAST P's and one with VSP added).

5 of the 11 had press completed within 43wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 44wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 45wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 49wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in <50wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in <52wks.
1 of the 11 likely had press completed in ~52wks (just not updated to grading yet)

#-----4D21-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In HeatSeal 5/24, In Grading Room 5/23, Just under 50 wks In Pressing Room.

#-----3BBA-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/20 = 45wk/217 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 4/18, 45 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----1FC5-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT,
In HeatSeal 5/24, In Grading Room 5/20, 49 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----0B3E-MD 60 Comics - In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts Pressing Post#389, this has likely been pressed, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----FD6C-MD 101 Comics - Ready for Pickup 5/13 = 48wk/237 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 5/10, In Grading Room 4/11, 44 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----DDAD-MD 31 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT,
In HeatSeal 5/24, In Labels 5/20, In Grading Room 4/7, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----943E-MD 26 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/19 = 45wk/216 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 4/11, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----905B-MD 30 Comics - Shipped 4/14 = 44wk/213 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, 4/13 Shipping, In Labels 4/12, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----7E7E-MD 30 Comics - Shipped 4/27 = 46wk/222 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Shipping 4/22, In Labels 4/18, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room

#-----6C85-MD 30 Comics - Shipped 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, Shipping 6/8, In HeatSeal 5/24, In Labels 5/20, In Grading Room 4/5, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----4259-MD 30 Comics w/2 VSP - Ready for Pickup 8/16 = 61 wk/291 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In HeatSeal 8/11, In Labels 8/10, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts Pressing Post#389, this likely had press completed in May or June, just hadn't received notification or dashboard update)

Delivered to CBCS 6/21/21
#-----C148-MD - 30 comics - In Grading Room 5/31, Previously only mark Received, never marked In Pressing.

Delivered to CBCS 6/29/21
#-----6136-MD - 102 comics - In Grading Room 6/8, Received

#-----82E4-MD - 34 comics - In Grading Room 6/7, Received

Delivered to CBCS 7/6/21
#-----C197-MD - 21 comics - Ready for Pickup 9/16 = 62wk or 301 business day combined Press & Grade TAT[/b], In HeatSeal 8/02, In Labels 7/29, In Grading Room 6/23, 50 wks / 240 Business day Press TAT.

#-----EB2E-MD - 30 comics - In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----E175-MD - 34 comics - In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----D6B1-MD - 32 comics - In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

Delivered to CBCS 7/14/21
#-----19FC-MD - 30 comics - In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----24FC-MD - 30 comics - In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----6D64-MD - 30 comics - In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----D6B1-MD - 60 comics - In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----7189-MD - 30 comics - In Label 9/22, In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----8142-MD - 68 comics - In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----8596-MD - 30 comics - In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----A44C-MD - 60 comics - In Grading 8/1 or likely earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----B5DA-MD - 29 comics - In Grading 8/1 or earlier, In Pressing Room. (per SteveRicketts post that they are working on orders delivered Sept 2021, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----876C-EX - 30 comics - Ready for Pickup 9/16 = 61wk or 295 business day combined Press & Grade TAT, In HeatSeal 8/02, In Labels 7/29, In Grading Room 6/24, Received[/b]

Delivered to CBCS 9/20/21
#-----7374-MD - 8 comics Grade only/No Press - Completed/Ready for Pickup 9/12, In Labels 9/2, In Grading 7/16, Received - Total Grade only TAT = <51 wks or 244 Business days.

#-----6A82-MD - 18 comics - Completed/Ready for Pickup 9/11, In HeatSeal 9/1, In Grading 8/31, another case of Pressing in less than a year with 49 wk movement. CBCS changed invoice back to "Received" 8/25, In Pressing Room - Total TAT w/Press = <51 weeks or 244 business days

#-----6A82-EX - 7 comics - Completed/Ready for Pickup 9/11, In HeatSeal 9/1, In Grading 8/31, another case of Pressing in less than a year with 49 wk movement. CBCS changed invoice back to "Received" 8/25, In Pressing Room 5/27, TAT w/Press = <51 weeks or 244 business days [/b]

Delivered to CBCS 2/24/22
#-----EAC8-CN - 2 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----EAC8-EX - 11 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----EAC8-MD - 17 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----BD64-EX - 2 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----BD64-MD - 39 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----8043-MD w/VSP - 14 comics - In Pressing Room

Delivered to CBCS Friday 08/19/22
#-----A0CC-PRM - 1 comic - In Pressing Room 8/22, Received 8/22

#-----A0CC-V+ - 2 comics - In Pressing Room 8/22, Received 8/22

#-----A734-VN - 5 comics - In Pressing Room 8/22, Received 8/22

#-----A2F1-MD - 32 comics - In Pressing Room 8/22, Received 8/22

#-----7372-MD - 10 comics - In Pressing Room 8/22, Received 8/22

#-----703D-MD - 12 comics - In Pressing Room 8/22, Received 8/22

#-----786C-MD - 20 comics / Grade only - Received 8/22

#-----7A3B-MD - 14 comics - In Pressing Room 8/23, Received 8/23

#-----A5EC-RH - 4 comics / ReHolder - Ready for Pick-up 9/6, In Labels 8/23, Received 8/23

#-----8803-RH - 4 comics / ReHolder - Completed/Shipped 9/6, In Shipping 9/2, In Labels 8/26, Received 8/23

I will continue to update until completed.
Post 927 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
Today my modern, grade-only, invoice is eleven months old & nine months in received status.

I'll put a little candle on a cupcake in celebration of this milestone tonight. Probably a black cupcake.

I don't think I'll light the candle though - that would imply that there's some light at the end of this tunnel and there just isn't. The only upside is that the books were for my PC. I can't imagine if they were part of my business plan/side hustle.
Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector PressMeComics private msg quote post Address this user
My Oct 22, 2021 has shipped back today. The October 24, 2021 order is still "Received" while my Dec 13, 2021 is in "Grading". I do believe that they are trying to get things under control but I'm still perplexed by orders being worked out of order. The one that shipped back today was in grading half the time of my previous but that could be attributed to the recent move of the business to the new address.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector MRmintastic private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeK
Today my modern, grade-only, invoice is eleven months old & nine months in received status.

I'll put a little candle on a cupcake in celebration of this milestone tonight. Probably a black cupcake.

I don't think I'll light the candle though - that would imply that there's some light at the end of this tunnel and there just isn't. The only upside is that the books were for my PC. I can't imagine if they were part of my business plan/side hustle.

My order is approx. the same time frame as yours. I am eager to get my books back since I recently moved and want to be sure they ship to my updated address. The fact that these books are for my PC makes me more enthusiastic to receive them.
Post 930 IP   flag post
598102 999 30