Post 726 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
@Caffeine_Kid Express tier??

Nope. Just regular vintage and modern.
Post 727 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid Wow! ty. Just trying to get a look at where books ST with pressing would fall. Thanks again
Post 728 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid @ComicNinja0215 - so looking at my 6/8/21 and @Caffeine_Kid 6/10/21 stats, 11 of our 12 press subs were at 43 - 61 weeks with 1 remaining for me.

That is from then. While that gives us all hope in that it is less than 1/2 the current posted TAT estimate’s, I would also caution that these were already in place before Express tiers came and i might imagine that non-express submissions that were sent in this year, may be longer that what is being seen with June 2021 subs. But, then again, new facility with potentially more press machines and new hires, maybe still not as bad as the current estimated TATS.
Post 729 IP   flag post
Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid Congrats, Mine just shipped also, should have them by Friday.
Post 730 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Caffeine_Kid @ComicNinja0215 - so looking at my 6/8/21 and @Caffeine_Kid 6/10/21 stats, 11 of our 12 press subs were at 43 - 61 weeks with 1 remaining for me.

That is from then. While that gives us all hope in that it is less than 1/2 the current posted TAT estimate’s, I would also caution that these were already in place before Express tiers came and i might imagine that non-express submissions that were sent in this year, may be longer that what is being seen with June 2021 subs. But, then again, new facility with potentially more press machines and new hires, maybe still not as bad as the current estimated TATS.

The only thing I can do is throw some books out there and see where they land. I have 2 books going in for just grading so I'll start there. Thanks a lot man
Post 731 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid

BOOKS ARE IN SHIP TO CANADA!

That is great news. However, to temper your expectations, I hit the Ship to Canada stage two weeks ago. The status hasn't changed, and there hasn't been anything added to my Recently Graded comics. I haven't received a package or tracking number. I believe that was somewhat normal when packages were being bundled and shipped to the Oakville location for redistribution to the final recipients. With the closure of Oakville I am really not sure what is supposed to happen. I am pretty sure I saw a post indicating someone had received a package shipped directly to them despite originally submitting via Oakville. I resorted to sending an email to Customer Service last night...but...based on CS reputation I am not expecting any sort of useful reply any time soon. Even without the closure of Oakville, this is my first submission so I have no prior experience on what should happen at this stage.

Still...great news! I know I am quite excited to finally get my books back.
Post 732 IP   flag post
Hmmm... Thanks for that update @Cerebus3000. That's a bummer 😕. How long should it take to package them up, stick a label on the box and give to FedEx? I guess it depends on the size of the shipping department. Hopefully it's more than one person working part-time. 😀
Post 733 IP   flag post
I just sent an email to CS,so we'll see what happens.
Post 734 IP   flag post
Collector Peacekeeperiv private msg quote post Address this user
They must be on a roll, got an email yesterday that my submission of 15 books that were placed before the express tiers came into play are shipping!! Mine were from September 2021
Post 735 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
this is positive news
Post 736 IP   flag post
Didn't even get my 2 books out yet but they're just grading so it's all good. The best part is , these are cross over grades from those other guys.
Post 737 IP   flag post
Collector madvitale private msg quote post Address this user
I have a set from 9/2021. No info yet. I've called. I've sent emails. I have no communication at all. 11 months of limbo.
Post 738 IP   flag post
Collector PressMeComics private msg quote post Address this user
My first order is now 3 months in "Grading" but it is good to hear others are getting their books from around this time period.

Given the recent events of #acetategate, CBCS is looking at another opportunity to give the industry leader a run for the top tier. No one is questioning the grades of CBCS and their is a plethora of users who champion the consistency they have shown. They need to be as transparent as they can now more than ever. Address the TATs and address the issues with Customer Service. Whether it is for the good or the bad, just acknowledge that there are issues is step one. In my career, I have found that most upset users just want to know someone is hearing them regardless if I can address the issue at hand or not. Perhaps I'm wrong and the damage is irreparable for the foreseeable future. But given the questionable actions from the other company lately, I'm hoping CBCS will not fumble this opportunity again.

...or maybe no one really cares about #acetategate. Thanks for listening forum.
Post 739 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by madvitale
11 months of limbo.

That's gotta be hard on your back uh?
Post 740 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PressMeComics
My first order is now 3 months in "Grading" but it is good to hear others are getting their books from around this time period.

Given the recent events of #acetategate, CBCS is looking at another opportunity to give the industry leader a run for the top tier. No one is questioning the grades of CBCS and their is a plethora of users who champion the consistency they have shown. They need to be as transparent as they can now more than ever. Address the TATs and address the issues with Customer Service. Whether it is for the good or the bad, just acknowledge that there are issues is step one. In my career, I have found that most upset users just want to know someone is hearing them regardless if I can address the issue at hand or not. Perhaps I'm wrong and the damage is irreparable for the foreseeable future. But given the questionable actions from the other company lately, I'm hoping CBCS will not fumble this opportunity again.

...or maybe no one really cares about #acetategate. Thanks for listening forum.

i just hope that we see progress within cbcs.
it pains me to have to keep giving cgc more business
Post 741 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by madvitale
I have a set from 9/2021. No info yet. I've called. I've sent emails. I have no communication at all. 11 months of limbo.

Have you looked at your invoice?
Post 742 IP   flag post

My September 2021 submission is back....home
20 modern books, 11 prescreen, 9 Original Art
Here's the breakdown:
September 5 complete submission
September 7 mailed
September 10th delivered
November 10th marked as received
November 11 billing
November 11 processing
July 29 grading
July 30 labels
August 1 heat seal
August 12 grading/production
August 15 billing
August 16 completed/shipped
August 19 received
Post 743 IP   flag post
Collector RonC private msg quote post Address this user
I think it is time for last year's Baltimore CC Modern no-press show submissions to come home.
Post 744 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
"Vintage" (Pre-1975) Orders from September 2021 (11 months and counting)

CBCS Expanded

1) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/15/22 (281 total days)
2) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/24/22 (290 total days)
3) Delivered 9/08/21, Entered 11/08/21, Grading 6/03/22, Labels 6/8/22, Complete 7/08/22 (303 total days)
4) Delivered 9/17/21, Entered 11/12/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/18/22, Complete 6/20/22 (276 total days)
5) Delivered 9/20/21, Entered 11/11/21, Grading 7/06/22, Labels 8/13/22

A little out of order. We figured to have the last one already, but the move seems to have affected it. Hopefully it's within a month from completion. It is worth noting that submission size did have an effect, with larger submissions taking longer than smaller ones. Meanwhile, the first CGC order is nearing completion.

CGC Economy

1) Delivered 9/09/21, Entered 9/14/21, G/E/I 8/09/22, G/QC 8/19/22
2) Delivered 9/24/21, Entered 10/21/21
Post 745 IP   flag post
Collector Paul_G private msg quote post Address this user
So, for anyone interested. I thought I'd test out the new express VSP(shipping directing to Texas now the Canadian office is closed).

I shipped books July 22, for signature verification (no pressing). They arrived today. So just under one month door to door.

Note, the invoice still isn't updated, so the grades were a nice open-the-box surprise. I knew two books didn't passed the sig verification (damn you Stan Lee!), but there was a credit voucher for the pre-paid grading for these books (rather than a refund --which doesn't bug me TBH).

Overall happy with the fast turnaround of course, but I'm a collector not a dealer, so the extra expense might be worth it to get the books in my collection quickly.
Post 746 IP   flag post
Collector loubot private msg quote post Address this user
still waiting for my year and 2 months submissions to return. currently in grading. made the newbie mistake of having comics pressed. not sure how long grading will take or how long i've been in the grading stage.
Post 747 IP   flag post
Collector Cbarnett316 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skcatch

Here's the breakdown:
September 7 mailed
September 10th delivered
November 11 billing
November 11 processing
July 29 grading
July 30 labels
August 1 heat seal
August 15 billing
August 19 received

A year? Jeez. Dropped a bunch of modern books off at a show in April cbcs. Sitting in received status.

Dropped some pre 1972 books off with cgc in may and i already have them back.

This is disappointing news. Hope they get it figured out.
Post 748 IP   flag post
Collector Gibby357 private msg quote post Address this user
First submission took 14 months from walk in to ready for pickup. I too made the rookie mistake of having them pre-screened for pressing, pressed, 1 sig verification and then graded. I decided when I went to pick up this batch to give CBCS one more shot. I had the books pressed locally, no pre-screening and no sig verifications. I also used express. Here are my findings:

Good: I walked in 23 books on Monday (Aug 15), Express. Got a "received" email same day. In Grading email Tuesday. Wednesday they were in production. Thursday, finish and ready for pickup. Quicker than poop through a goose. Express is worth the money.

Bad: It happened quicker than I anticipated. I had scheduled my pickup for a few weeks down the road. Ughhhh. You live, you learn.

Ugly: Been trying to reach Customer Service to see about having them mailed or move up my pickup time since Wednesday (Aug 17). No one answers the phone. I have left 5 messages and sent out several emails as well. This should be the low hanging fruit of this company, Customer Service. The easiest and quickest to train and certainly there are people who can answer a phone. No matter what is going on with moving, grading, pressing, whatever, Customer Service must be the cornerstone of your business. I’d like to think that when I patronize your business, I am paying for that too.

Bottom Line: I guess I will just wait for my pickup date and due to horrible Customer Service, I will never use CBCS again.
Post 749 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbarnett316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skcatch

Here's the breakdown:
September 7 mailed
September 10th delivered
November 11 billing
November 11 processing
July 29 grading
July 30 labels
August 1 heat seal
August 15 billing
August 19 received

A year? Jeez. Dropped a bunch of modern books off at a show in April cbcs. Sitting in received status.

Dropped some pre 1972 books off with cgc in may and i already have them back.

This is disappointing news. Hope they get it figured out.

Yeah, I hope so too. I definitely wanna send some more books in but don't know if I want to wait another year for them. I sent some modern books to CGC back in late December and got them back in March. I definitely like CBCS slabs better then CGC though.
Post 750 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
UUUUGGH........
Well, this bites!
CGC smoked CBCS in TAT...
I purchased some Western Penn Pedigree copies a few months back and I wanted the CGC Deep Gold Pedigree Labels for these books. (3 moderns & 3 economy).
I hope CBCS will soon offer something similar for Pedigree books. Specialty labels are easy....

Two separate submissions as they are in two different tiers.
I shipped the books on 7.6.22 to CGC. they arrived on 7.8.22.
Got the received email acknowledgement on 7.11.22
Books just arrived a few hours ago. I will post pics in another thread.
So for moderns, they did 31 business day TAT....
I know our pals here at CBCS are working diligently to not only match that, but beat it.
Yes, I am biased lol..... my pal started this company. And even though he is having an absolute blast over at MCS, this is still the best comic grading company IMO....
Shipping dates in attached pic....

Post 751 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I've gotten over all the usual complaints and really don't care about the TAT by now. Here's one that I'm surprised I don't hear more often. Can I get billed in a reasonable amount of time? Four and a half months and counting I haven't been billed for a sub. It is what it is, and I have no reason to reach out to CS, but some people may. Hundreds, if not thousands of dollars have to be budgeted by a lot of folks. What? Five months later you overdraw someone? Shoot, payment methods expire in that time period as well.

Like Big Worm once said, "Playin wit my money, is like playin wit my emotions".
Post 752 IP   flag post
Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
It's been 333 days today since Received by CBCS...got an e-mail today (response from my email in July) stating my 5 comics are in "pre-grade". ZZZZZZ
Post 753 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi_ny
ZZZZZZ

Unfortunately, we have all turned into Rip Van Winkle. Y'know... wake up after 300 days, check the status, go back to sleep...... for another 300 days... wake up.... rinse, repeat
Post 754 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
VSP Modern Express (3 books)

Received: 8/16, Grading: 8/19, Heat Seal: 8/22
Post 755 IP   flag post
601333 999 30