Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector Paul_G private msg quote post Address this user
So FWIW, I just checked my 4 orders
(shipped from Canada, so it seemed to add several months before they shipped from Oakville to Tx)

August 2021 Order: Pressing (only one with Pressing)
October 2021: Heat Seal
December 2021: Grading
March 2022 (Modern): Grading

So it seems like progress?
Post 626 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980

ZERO SENSE to even submit anything to cbcs. And no reason at all to fast track and PAY MORE.
i was at terrific con and cbcs was dead.

when your times are 224 days and cgc is 55 its over baby

This is under an assumption that TAT is the major driving factor in submissions. Many choose CBCS due to liking their cases better; others feel the grading is more accurate, you know the actual product for which you're paying. Others find them to be cheaper for the tiers they use. Still others have been burned so badly by CGC hat they refuse to use them anymore...actual product problems, not just inaccurately stated TATs. You also continue to ignore that the TATs you keep harping on are for only one submission tier. CGC is also way behind depending on the tier and book classification, as people have repeatedly pointed out to you. I realize it doesn't support your narrative that's been ongoing multiple times per page, for like 9 pages now

Quote:
They must not be getting anything in as orders go one reason CGC is on top of there TATS . And that is the kiss of death for cbcs.
And then you have the other grading place grabbing what ever they can get

I can't tell what you're saying here. I think you're saying that CBCS isn't receiving any new orders. If that's what you're saying; you're clearly wrong. If you're saying they're way behind CGC in terms of customers and submissions...yeah, they always have been; by a significant margin.

CBCS's biggest problem wasn't TATs it was stating grossly inaccurately stated TATs and having some of the most incompetent CS operations ever. If they finally have an accurately stated TAT (within 10% probably), CS will get better as they can do actual CS instead of spending all their time answering questions from irate customers about TATs.

Quote:

fool me once ok

i wont get fooled 2 times

But you will repeat the same thing on a forum for the better part of a month...well after having received the information you needed.
Post 627 IP   flag post
Collector d1al private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G
(shipped from Canada, so it seemed to add several months before they shipped from Oakville to Tx)

this is really helpful - like people are saying I just want some realistic expectation. i was told when I submitted them to a con in Dec I would have them back by May so of course i am irritated - all I want is an accurate timeline. your march 22 submission which is ahead of my Jan one still in processing - did you do anything special to that order? maybe because mine was a mix of modern and expanded?
Post 628 IP   flag post
Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
Update from CBCS but the dashboard is still showing Processing. This is for an order I submitted in October. No updates on my order from September.

Your 21-******* is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

Anyone know about how long till it ships now?
Post 629 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1al
Quote:

this is really helpful - like people are saying I just want some realistic expectation. i was told when I submitted them to a con in Dec I would have them back by May so of course i am irritated - all I want is an accurate timeline. your march 22 submission which is ahead of my Jan one still in processing - did you do anything special to that order? maybe because mine was a mix of modern and expanded?

Nope, the March 22, was a surprise. Not Express, and I realize they were Silver/Bronze, so not Modern.
Also, in the past I always had to download the invoice to see the status (beyond processing), but now I notice that clicking on the order number is enough (it says "processing" on the dashboard, but when clicked says "processing" at the top, but "grading" just below to the right.

It seems to have caught up to my October 2021 submission, so I dunno. But it's good to see some increased speed...

So baby steps, and maybe a new web-person?
Post 630 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi_ny
Update from CBCS but the dashboard is still showing Processing. This is for an order I submitted in October. No updates on my order from September.

Your 21-******* is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

Not that I know anything, but the dashboard never seems to change (always "processing"
You need to at least click on the order number and look at the invoice. In the past you had to download it, but now it seems to reflect the status on the web-invoice (as opposed to having to download it to get the latest)
Post 631 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I shipped direct from Canada....order from September 2021 still Received.
Post 632 IP   flag post
Collector Gibby357 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Just received two emails from CBCS that my Vintage order and my Modern order (4 books in each all with Press Screening) have been graded and will be put in cases and 'will only be here a short time before it ships out!'

My invoice went from processing to grading on July 14th. Then went to Heatseal on July 20th. Now the invoice says grading again.

Books received in Oakville June 10, 2021.

The end is near! (Hopefully).

This is exactly what happened to me. I thought when it went from Grading to HeatSeal that it was being put in cases. So the next email I was expecting was that they would be ready to go. I hope the end is near too. It has been a year and two months total. We shall see!

UPDATE: I received an email that my books are ready for pickup. So just a few days from going from HeatSeal back to Grading they are done. Hope that helps with people's timelines!!!!
Post 633 IP   flag post
Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Let’s take a look. I dropped 100 comics june 5th in West Virginia. Today august 4th. I received a message my books were checked in today. Wonder if TAT started June or August
Post 634 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

ZERO SENSE to even submit anything to cbcs. And no reason at all to fast track and PAY MORE.

This is under an assumption that TAT is the major driving factor in submissions. Many choose CBCS due to liking their cases better; others feel the grading is more accurate, you know the actual product for which you're paying. Others find them to be cheaper for the tiers they use. Still others have been burned so badly by CGC hat they refuse to use them anymore...actual product problems, not just inaccurately stated TATs. You also continue to ignore that the TATs you keep harping on are for only one submission tier. CGC is also way behind depending on the tier and book classification, as people have repeatedly pointed out to you. I realize it doesn't support your narrative that's been ongoing multiple times per page, for like 9 pages now

Quote:
They must not be getting anything in as orders go one reason CGC is on top of there TATS . And that is the kiss of death for cbcs.

I can't tell what you're saying here. I think you're saying that CBCS isn't receiving any new orders. If that's what you're saying; you're clearly wrong. If you're saying they're way behind CGC in terms of customers and submissions...yeah, they always have been; by a significant margin.

CBCS's biggest problem wasn't TATs it was stating grossly inaccurately stated TATs and having some of the most incompetent CS operations ever. If they finally have an accurately stated TAT (within 10% probably), CS will get better as they can do actual CS instead of spending all their time answering questions from irate customers about TATs.

Quote:

fool me once ok

But you will repeat the same thing on a forum for the better part of a month...well after having received the information you needed.

grading is all subjection on any of these places.
i dont have any real issues with TATS
but i was under the impression when i sent them in they said it was 124 days
then it shot up to 224 days out of the blue

to me that was total bogus
Post 635 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fool me once ok

one thing i like about CGC. they update there webpage to show the turn around times on a weekly basis.
cbcs did this one time right after they created new grading tiers and all of a sudden 124 days went to 224 days.

to me if i knew the current times i would never have sent in over 50 comics.
to me they pulled the rug out from under the consumers who back there place
Post 636 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefcomics
Let’s take a look. I dropped 100 comics june 5th in West Virginia. Today august 4th. I received a message my books were checked in today. Wonder if TAT started June or August

Should be June.
Post 637 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The "received" date is probably the least important variable in determining when you will get your books back. I understand why people want to lean on it, because it's the only variable that you have visibility to...but it really is irrelevant to the actual return date.
Post 638 IP   flag post
Collector skippeydoo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

My understanding, thru what I believe it was Scifinator who said it, is that if you dropped them off at the con, then the TT will start like the Wednesday after the con. From personal recent experience, I had a book signed at Megacon, which was September of last year, that didn't get checked into my dashboard til early November, but it just got finished being pressed. And they were working on the books received in September the last few weeks. So mine definitely is being treated as a September received book even though it didn't show up on the dashboard til November.
Post 639 IP   flag post
Collector SlayerRick710 private msg quote post Address this user
My Express was received toda
Post 640 IP   flag post
looks like they are putting orders into the system faster

this is a sign of progress
Post 641 IP   flag post
Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi_ny

UPDATE
order is showing graded and shipping
Post 642 IP   flag post
Collector Kyle_B private msg quote post Address this user
I sent my comics in almost a year ago, and opted for a couple of them to get pressed before they updated their TAT. I can't begin to say hard my heart sank when they updated the pressing time.
Post 643 IP   flag post
Collector daredevilart private msg quote post Address this user
So...my order (21-2D7EF2C) submitted one year ago (August 2021) was "graded and now time to get into a CBCS case" on June 30 2022. It's status was then changed to "billing" as I had some grade screening books in my order. Paid July 6. (Had issues with their online billing portal - and never received a response from my numerous emails to customer service.)

It's now August 5th and the status has never changed from "billing". How long does it take to put books in a case that have already been graded? I've sent a bunch of books to CBCS over the years and the "your books have been graded" email typically meant I'd have my books in my hands in a couple weeks.

Waiting over a year for your books to return - especially without added pressing is absurd. Yet I see they keep adding signing events and other such BS. If you can't keep up with the workload you have why on earth keep adding more to it?

Frustrated to say the least.
Post 644 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@chefcomics - Your estimated TAT starts the first Wednesday after Con drop-off.
Post 645 IP   flag post
Collector Makeminedeadpool private msg quote post Address this user
For reference

4 order all arrived 09/09/21 at CBCS

30 books modern just grading, got them back this monday
30 books modern press and grade, still pressing according to link on invoice
75 books modern just grading, still in heatseal according to link on invoice
80 books modern press and grade, just got the email they shipped today
Post 646 IP   flag post
Me next me next (sept 19th 2021)I have 150 no press or any frills. They should ship next week.
Post 647 IP   flag post
Check this out. I am a big supporter of CBCS. But here is an order order info from the other guy
Submission #: 408#%#%%%
Received: 7/6/22
Items: 21
Declared Value: 230
Service: MODERN
Shipped: 8/8/22
Post 648 IP   flag post
Collector Track17 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 649 IP   flag post
Related question, I have some I'm about to ship.

It just occurred to me they have moved. I assume packages to their old address will get forwarded to the new address? Am I being naive and I find their new address and change it on the package?
Post 650 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Paul_G they are telling people to use the new address. However, if you've already mailed it, it will be forwarded.

New address is:

2700 Summit Ave., Ste 100
Plano, TX 75074
Post 651 IP   flag post
Collector RonC private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully, my books dropped off at Baltimore Comic Con Oct 22-24 2021 (modern, no press) will be up for grading soon.
Post 652 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Hoping my books that were dropped off during the Cambrian era are graded soon.
I left 20 books with one of the Trilobites.
Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Order submitted 8/13/21. Finally out of pressing on 8/3/22 and into grading
Post 654 IP   flag post
Collector Kyle_B private msg quote post Address this user
I sent some books out for grading almost a year ago (in 2 weeks it will be a year), but they haven’t changed from processing since. They were officially received in October (at least that's when I was charged for them, and a couple of them I asked to get pressed. Does anyone have a guesstimate of when they will be moved to grading?
Post 655 IP   flag post
601256 999 30