Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
CGC Economy (Vintage) now at 10 months and counting. Still "Scheduled for grading". No press, no screen, just grading.

CBCS has gotten back four of five Expanded (Vintage) orders in that same time period, the fifth is at Grading now.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
To give further color on overall TAT's that include pressing, just saw status change (in Bold) when checking Invoice hyperlink in dashboard. These two submissions moved to Grading on 6/23 and 6/24 of 2022. Looks like Expanded/Vintage moving a little faster in the Pressing Room than Modern but the same in Grading Room.

Delivered to CBCS on June 8th 2021 in two separate boxes. (All standard, w/out any FAST P's and one with VSP added).

5 of the 11 had press completed within 43wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 44wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 45wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 49wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in <50wks.
2 still in pressing room (most likely completed, just not updated to grading yet)

#-----4D21-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In HeatSeal 5/24, In Grading Room 5/23, Just under 50 wks In Pressing Room.

#-----3BBA-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/20 = 45wk/217 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 4/18, 45 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----1FC5-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT,
In HeatSeal 5/24, In Grading Room 5/20, 49 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----0B3E-MD 60 Comics - In Pressing Room. (per @SteveRicketts Post#389, this has likely been pressed, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----FD6C-MD 101 Comics - Ready for Pickup 5/13 = 48wk/237 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 5/10, In Grading Room 4/11, 44 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----DDAD-MD 31 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT,
In HeatSeal 5/24, In Labels 5/20, In Grading Room 4/7, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----943E-MD 26 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/19 = 45wk/216 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 4/11, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----905B-MD 30 Comics - Shipped 4/14 = 44wk/213 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, 4/13 Shipping, In Labels 4/12, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----7E7E-MD 30 Comics - Shipped 4/27 = 46wk/222 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Shipping 4/22, In Labels 4/18, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room

#-----6C85-MD 30 Comics - Shipped 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, Shipping 6/8, In HeatSeal 5/24, In Labels 5/20, In Grading Room 4/5, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----4259-MD 30 Comics w/2 VSP - In Pressing Room. (per @SteveRicketts Post#389, this has likely been pressed, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

Delivered to CBCS 6/21/21
#-----C148-MD - 30 comics - In Grading Room 5/31, Previously only mark Received, never marked In Pressing.

Delivered to CBCS 6/29/21
#-----6136-MD - 102 comics - In Grading Room 6/8, Received

#-----82E4-MD - 34 comics - In Grading Room 6/7, Received

Delivered to CBCS 7/6/21
#-----C197-MD - 21 comics - [b]In HeatSeal 8/02,
In Labels 7/29, In Grading Room 6/23, 50 wks / 240 Business day Press TAT[/b]

#-----EB2E-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----E175-MD - 34 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----D6B1-MD - 32 comics - In Pressing Room, 49 wks / 235 Business day Press TAT

Delivered to CBCS 7/14/21
#-----19FC-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----24FC-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----6D64-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----D6B1-MD - 60 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----7189-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----8142-MD - 68 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----8596-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----A44C-MD - 60 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----B5DA-MD - 29 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----876C-EX - 30 comics - [b]In HeatSeal 8/02, In Labels 7/29, In Grading Room 6/24, Received
[/b]

Delivered to CBCS 9/20/21
#-----7374-MD - 8 comics Grade only/No Press - In Grading 7/16, Received

#-----6A82-MD - 27 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----6A82-EX - 27 comics - In Pressing Room 5/27, Received

Delivered to CBCS 2/24/22
#-----EAC8-CN - 2 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----EAC8-EX - 11 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----EAC8-MD - 17 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----BD64-EX - 2 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----BD64-MD - 39 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----8043-MD w/VSP - 14 comics - In Pressing Room

I will continue to update until completed.
Post 602 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Just received two emails from CBCS that my Vintage order and my Modern order (4 books in each all with Press Screening) have been graded and will be put in cases and 'will only be here a short time before it ships out!'

My invoice went from processing to grading on July 14th. Then went to Heatseal on July 20th. Now the invoice says grading again.

Books received in Oakville June 10, 2021.

The end is near! (Hopefully).
Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector Gibby357 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Just received two emails from CBCS that my Vintage order and my Modern order (4 books in each all with Press Screening) have been graded and will be put in cases and 'will only be here a short time before it ships out!'

My invoice went from processing to grading on July 14th. Then went to Heatseal on July 20th. Now the invoice says grading again.

Books received in Oakville June 10, 2021.

The end is near! (Hopefully).

This is exactly what happened to me. I thought when it went from Grading to HeatSeal that it was being put in cases. So the next email I was expecting was that they would be ready to go. I hope the end is near too. It has been a year and two months total. We shall see!
Post 604 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid @Gibby357

Yeah, that's how it has been going. Make ZERO since why, but, grading, heat seal, grading, shipping....
Post 605 IP   flag post

I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
how is it possible that there TATS never change from 224 ?

it never moves once
Post 606 IP   flag post
@beastboy1980 If nothing else, you are persistent at beating that dead horse to death. You have more energy than a 3 year old with a fist full of lollipops. All that and it has gotten you no where.
Ever consider letting that one go?

No amount of complaining will change the status of current TAT.
They are trying. They just moved into a larger facility to help with all aspects of the business from CS (still a long way to go, but getting better) to pressing times (Ricketts has more equipment & people) to grading (more have been and are being hired and trained still).

Although this may not suffice for you, they are making efforts to greatly reduce TAT while maintaining the best quality product with the most accurate grading being offered today. What else would you have them do that would appease you?
Post 607 IP   flag post
Collector dwight private msg quote post Address this user
get better customer service
Post 608 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@beastboy1980 If nothing else, you are persistent at beating that dead horse to death. You have more energy than a 3 year old with a fist full of lollipops. All that and it has gotten you no where.

They are trying. They just moved into a larger facility to help with all aspects of the business from CS (still a long way to go, but getting better) to pressing times (Ricketts has more equipment & people) to grading (more have been and are being hired and trained still).

Although this may not suffice for you, they are making efforts to greatly reduce TAT while maintaining the best quality product with the most accurate grading being offered today. What else would you have them do that would appease you?

true
i was just shocked how they never change the days
cgc at least moves it up or down
i would like to just once see it move from 224
Post 609 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:

true
i was just shocked how they never change the days
cgc at least moves it up or down
i would like to just once see it move from 224

I think it would be impossible for them to change the TATs at this point - given that "days" is a made-up term that is neither calendar days nor business days. If I understand it, the definition of days is: these days, but not not those days, but not if we're moving, and not if we're at a convention, but that exclusion is only for some conventions and not others. So when a book goes out the door - nobody knows how many days have passed based on "contract days"
I'm sure it is part of why none of the companies use calendar days. You know - how things are really counted.
Then again, if TAT changed from 224 to 225 that could be a whole week longer, or shorter, or completely immaterial.

Or they could remove the days completely and just be honest.

TAT: No guarantee, no warranty, no promises, no idea, maybe soon-ish, but we don't really know where your books are or when you'll be getting them back
Post 610 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
1 year.
Call it a day
Post 611 IP   flag post
at this point its ridiculous

its almost like is anyone working down there
Post 612 IP   flag post
i went to terrifcon and they were dead CBCS
Post 613 IP   flag post
Collector loubot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Caffeine_Kid @Gibby357

Yeah, that's how it has been going. Make ZERO since why, but, grading, heat seal, grading, shipping....

Now I wonder which "grading" phase I'm in. I checked in last month since it's been a year and noticed it was in grading.

Probably not getting my books back this year either way...
Post 614 IP   flag post
Collector ShadowFan private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped off 4 books during SDCC, all for grading and signature verification. Guy working the booth was super cool and when I asked him about turnaround time he said "about 11 months", so take that for what it's worth. I don't mind the wait since they're books for my personal collection but I can see if you're flipping books why it would be an issue.
Post 615 IP   flag post
Collector madvitale private msg quote post Address this user
Huh. My Vintage order with CBCS has been sitting there for almost 11 months. No change. When I called a month ago, the return call said they were 'grading' the order and I would get it soon. Been another month. I have received better turnaround from CGC. I guess it may depend on who you are? Can't think of any other reason why 'figment' is getting several Vintage orders done in the last 10 months and I have gotten zippo.
Post 616 IP   flag post
Collector PressMeComics private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the status of my orders:
Elapsed time is all calendar days
The oldest submission has been in "grading" since Mon, May 16, 2022 with no change.
The two oldest do have signature validation on them but all others are modern books to be graded only.

My original postings were because I've yet to receive my first shipment ever from CBCS. While I've read the threads and understood the issues, I felt alone and it was comforting to know others were experiencing the same issues. Right now, it feels like my books are in a stack and they just keep stacking other books on top of them. Again, my perception and not factual information so there is comfort in knowing it is not just me. So if you are reading this and you are like me, know that it is not just you and that you are not alone in what you are experiencing.
Post 617 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PressMeComics
Right now, it feels like my books are in a stack and they just keep stacking other books on top of them.

That could be what has happened, to an extent. The new express tier with guaranteed TAT was way too cheap for a while. The do seem to be on September for non pressing.
Post 618 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubot
Quote:
@Caffeine_Kid @Gibby357

Now I wonder which "grading" phase I'm in. I checked in last month since it's been a year and noticed it was in grading.

Probably not getting my books back this year either way...

If your books are in grading for a month now, you are less than a month from shipping....
Once books are in the grading phase, it's generally 60 +/- days until they hit shipping.
Unless you are in Canada. Those poor guys have been waiting for what I am sure seems like a decade to get their books back.

Hang in there, you are close.
I have a couple more orders in from Feb. 22' & June 22'. Maybe, just maybe, I will see the Feb. order by Christmas.... As soon as they get settled into their new facility, and get all the kinks worked out there, they should start to slowly reduce the TAT. You see I am being optimistic here right... lol...
Post 619 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeK
TAT: No guarantee, no warranty, no promises, no idea, maybe soon-ish, but we don't really know where your books are or when you'll be getting them back

For standard submissions (non-expedited) the TAT's should really just say "guaranteed less than one year". Until lead times are lower, there's really no value in getting more specific than that.
Post 620 IP   flag post
Collector SlayerRick710 private msg quote post Address this user
So the wait begins today. Express order will be delivered today. We will see the Express tat is.
Post 621 IP   flag post
Collector d1al private msg quote post Address this user
Someone just give me an idea, on a mix of Modern and expanded for straight up grading they registered as received on Jan 17 2022, how much longer should I expect the wait to be? based on some things I am reading here, books from sept 2021 have been returned? so am I looking at Jan 2023?
Post 622 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1al
Someone just give me an idea, on a mix of Modern and expanded for straight up grading they registered as received on Jan 17 2022, how much longer should I expect the wait to be? based on some things I am reading here, books from sept 2021 have been returned? so am I looking at Jan 2023?

They claim to be working on September orders. If you read this topic though it really seems to be all over the map. At this point I think that January 2023 seems reasonable for a possible date for your order but this is CBCS so it may be a lot later than that since they haven't made any significant addressing of TATs, CS, magazine grading, website updating, etc. for a long time now. TATs have only gotten worse never better ... unless you want to spend a lot more, which is probably their goal.
Post 623 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Quote:

They claim to be working on September orders. If you read this topic though it really seems to be all over the map. At this point I think that January 2023 seems reasonable for a possible date for your order but this is CBCS so it may be a lot later than that since they haven't made any significant addressing of TATs, CS, magazine grading, website updating, etc. for a long time now. TATs have only gotten worse never better ... unless you want to spend a lot more, which is probably their goal.

i can see cbcs moving faster in the TATS
few reasons right now CGC is for moderns only 55 days, so it would make ZERO SENSE to even submit anything to cbcs. And no reason at all to fast track and PAY MORE.
i was at terrific con and cbcs was dead.

They must not be getting anything in as orders go one reason CGC is on top of there TATS . And that is the kiss of death for cbcs.
And then you have the other grading place grabbing what ever they can get.

when your times are 224 days and cgc is 55 its over baby
Post 624 IP   flag post
and once cbcs does get back on track i would watch them carefully .

it left a bad taste in my mouth when they moved there times from 124 days to 224 days right after the new roll out of the fast track service.

fool me once ok

i wont get fooled 2 times
Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector Paul_G private msg quote post Address this user
So FWIW, I just checked my 4 orders
(shipped from Canada, so it seemed to add several months before they shipped from Oakville to Tx)

August 2021 Order: Pressing (only one with Pressing)
October 2021: Heat Seal
December 2021: Grading
March 2022 (Modern): Grading

So it seems like progress?
Post 626 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

ZERO SENSE to even submit anything to cbcs. And no reason at all to fast track and PAY MORE.
i was at terrific con and cbcs was dead.

when your times are 224 days and cgc is 55 its over baby

This is under an assumption that TAT is the major driving factor in submissions. Many choose CBCS due to liking their cases better; others feel the grading is more accurate, you know the actual product for which you're paying. Others find them to be cheaper for the tiers they use. Still others have been burned so badly by CGC hat they refuse to use them anymore...actual product problems, not just inaccurately stated TATs. You also continue to ignore that the TATs you keep harping on are for only one submission tier. CGC is also way behind depending on the tier and book classification, as people have repeatedly pointed out to you. I realize it doesn't support your narrative that's been ongoing multiple times per page, for like 9 pages now

Quote:
They must not be getting anything in as orders go one reason CGC is on top of there TATS . And that is the kiss of death for cbcs.
And then you have the other grading place grabbing what ever they can get

I can't tell what you're saying here. I think you're saying that CBCS isn't receiving any new orders. If that's what you're saying; you're clearly wrong. If you're saying they're way behind CGC in terms of customers and submissions...yeah, they always have been; by a significant margin.

CBCS's biggest problem wasn't TATs it was stating grossly inaccurately stated TATs and having some of the most incompetent CS operations ever. If they finally have an accurately stated TAT (within 10% probably), CS will get better as they can do actual CS instead of spending all their time answering questions from irate customers about TATs.

Quote:

fool me once ok

i wont get fooled 2 times

But you will repeat the same thing on a forum for the better part of a month...well after having received the information you needed.
Post 627 IP   flag post
Collector d1al private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G
(shipped from Canada, so it seemed to add several months before they shipped from Oakville to Tx)

this is really helpful - like people are saying I just want some realistic expectation. i was told when I submitted them to a con in Dec I would have them back by May so of course i am irritated - all I want is an accurate timeline. your march 22 submission which is ahead of my Jan one still in processing - did you do anything special to that order? maybe because mine was a mix of modern and expanded?
Post 628 IP   flag post
Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
Update from CBCS but the dashboard is still showing Processing. This is for an order I submitted in October. No updates on my order from September.

Your 21-******* is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

Anyone know about how long till it ships now?
Post 629 IP   flag post
Collector Paul_G private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G

this is really helpful - like people are saying I just want some realistic expectation. i was told when I submitted them to a con in Dec I would have them back by May so of course i am irritated - all I want is an accurate timeline. your march 22 submission which is ahead of my Jan one still in processing - did you do anything special to that order? maybe because mine was a mix of modern and expanded?

Nope, the March 22, was a surprise. Not Express, and I realize they were Silver/Bronze, so not Modern.
Also, in the past I always had to download the invoice to see the status (beyond processing), but now I notice that clicking on the order number is enough (it says "processing" on the dashboard, but when clicked says "processing" at the top, but "grading" just below to the right.

It seems to have caught up to my October 2021 submission, so I dunno. But it's good to see some increased speed...

So baby steps, and maybe a new web-person?
Post 630 IP   flag post
614877 999 30