Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got an email from customer service saying all 3 of my orders are in the "pre-grade stage".

So, basically, they have just been received right? I sent the earliest order back in December 2021, but based on this thread, CBCS is just now getting to October orders of 2021? Is that correct?

So 34 weeks ago? I should see some movement soon, right?
Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
cgc just lowered TATS for moderns from 82 days to 55

That should wipeout anyone other than committed fans and the devoted folks that can afford express fees.

CBCS royally fumbled the ball CGC handed to them these last two plus years. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the guys behind them, EGS, PGX, etc. Start passing them.

CBCS needs a sugar daddy like CGC got.
Post 577 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
They've definitely fumbled the ball more than Brett Favre.

After 2 years it's about time to stop with the words of "Here's what's going to happen" and to start doing and get it done. And I don't mean instituting another Express or Super Express or Super Duper Express. Thank you sir, may I have another.

Customer Service, Standard TAT addressing, Clear and Concise information from the company (including dashboards), Pressing less than 2 years TAT
Then go with the Express services; not vice versa.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Update-
Dashboard updated with Received- so this was entered into system within 24hrs on the express tier

So far, way ahead of my last submissions....obviously not economical on a giant order, but so far so good

Update- order went into grading, completed and shipped...this is actually quicker than the 3 weeks quoted for express plus and sig verification...
Worth it for my piece of mind, but it's not my business so I can see where it would not make sense financially.
Post 579 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
cgc just lowered TATS for moderns from 82 days to 55

That should wipeout anyone other than committed fans and the devoted folks that can afford express fees.

CBCS royally fumbled the ball CGC handed to them these last two plus years. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the guys behind them, EGS, PGX, etc. Start passing them.

CBCS needs a sugar daddy like CGC got.

what is egs ?

i just hope cbcs starts to cut down there TATS.

it never moves once
Post 580 IP   flag post

I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
and i like cbcs better than cgc

i just wish we would see some movement in cutting down times
Post 581 IP   flag post
Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
@PressMeComics got the same email. No movement on the dashboard. I've given up hope of ever seeing them again.
Post 582 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
After 2 years it's about time to stop with the words of "Here's what's going to happen" and to start doing and get it done.

No try! Do!
Post 583 IP   flag post
Do. Or Do Not. There is no try
Post 584 IP   flag post
Quote:

Exactly.#soon just doesn't cut it. Unless CBCS start to deliver they will slip into irrelevance. Upset customers and the competition aren't the problem, CBCS is their own worst enemy.
Post 585 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@steam Great 1st post in the forum. Way to go...
PS...They won't loose any sleep over you...

Post 586 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67

Not one wink.
Post 587 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67

Not one wink.

Me either... Yaawn... lol....
Post 588 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the guys behind them, EGS, PGX, etc. Start passing them.

Do you always post utter nonsense?
Post 589 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the guys behind them, EGS, PGX, etc. Start passing them.

Do you always post utter nonsense?
Right...
That will never happen. EGS & PGX could merge and that still won't happen..
Post 590 IP   flag post
Collector dwight private msg quote post Address this user
is anyone working in customer service
Post 591 IP   flag post
Collector dwight private msg quote post Address this user
I cant get a hold of anyone. no email, no phone call. what is the deal with this company.
Post 592 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@dwight they're certainly no Dunder-Mifflin
Post 593 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight
is anyone working in customer service

They're working on it.
Post 594 IP   flag post
Collector tylerindo private msg quote post Address this user
submitted sept 18, 2021. still no sign of it ever being graded. what gives cbcs?
Post 595 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly.#soon just doesn't cut it. Unless CBCS start to deliver they will slip into irrelevance. Upset customers and the competition aren't the problem, CBCS is their own worst enemy.

i will NEVER send in another modern order again after this.

unless i see over 6 months time solid TATS

they cant be trusted to deliver
Post 596 IP   flag post
and whats funny there TATS times never change ever.

always the same days

how is this even possible
Post 597 IP   flag post
Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user
@tylerindo I got an email saying they're currently grading September submissions, so they should get to yours soon. Sent mine early September and submission just started moving.
Post 598 IP   flag post
Collector Showcase_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
July 7th. Still just shows received.

I’m convinced my books have been lost at this point.
Post 599 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerindo
submitted sept 18, 2021. still no sign of it ever being graded. what gives cbcs?

They are all over the map with what is getting graded. My order, that didn’t arrive in Texas from the defunct Canadian hub, went into grading late last month. (They sat in Canada for 2.5 months.) If you look at people’s reports here you can see there’s no real pattern.
Post 600 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
CGC Economy (Vintage) now at 10 months and counting. Still "Scheduled for grading". No press, no screen, just grading.

CBCS has gotten back four of five Expanded (Vintage) orders in that same time period, the fifth is at Grading now.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
To give further color on overall TAT's that include pressing, just saw status change (in Bold) when checking Invoice hyperlink in dashboard. These two submissions moved to Grading on 6/23 and 6/24 of 2022. Looks like Expanded/Vintage moving a little faster in the Pressing Room than Modern but the same in Grading Room.

Delivered to CBCS on June 8th 2021 in two separate boxes. (All standard, w/out any FAST P's and one with VSP added).

5 of the 11 had press completed within 43wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 44wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 45wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 49wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in <50wks.
2 still in pressing room (most likely completed, just not updated to grading yet)

#-----4D21-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In HeatSeal 5/24, In Grading Room 5/23, Just under 50 wks In Pressing Room.

#-----3BBA-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/20 = 45wk/217 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 4/18, 45 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----1FC5-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT,
In HeatSeal 5/24, In Grading Room 5/20, 49 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----0B3E-MD 60 Comics - In Pressing Room. (per @SteveRicketts Post#389, this has likely been pressed, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

#-----FD6C-MD 101 Comics - Ready for Pickup 5/13 = 48wk/237 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 5/10, In Grading Room 4/11, 44 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----DDAD-MD 31 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT,
In HeatSeal 5/24, In Labels 5/20, In Grading Room 4/7, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----943E-MD 26 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/19 = 45wk/216 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 4/11, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----905B-MD 30 Comics - Shipped 4/14 = 44wk/213 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, 4/13 Shipping, In Labels 4/12, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----7E7E-MD 30 Comics - Shipped 4/27 = 46wk/222 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Shipping 4/22, In Labels 4/18, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room

#-----6C85-MD 30 Comics - Shipped 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, Shipping 6/8, In HeatSeal 5/24, In Labels 5/20, In Grading Room 4/5, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----4259-MD 30 Comics w/2 VSP - In Pressing Room. (per @SteveRicketts Post#389, this has likely been pressed, just haven't received notification or dashboard update)

Delivered to CBCS 6/21/21
#-----C148-MD - 30 comics - In Grading Room 5/31, Previously only mark Received, never marked In Pressing.

Delivered to CBCS 6/29/21
#-----6136-MD - 102 comics - In Grading Room 6/8, Received

#-----82E4-MD - 34 comics - In Grading Room 6/7, Received

Delivered to CBCS 7/6/21
#-----C197-MD - 21 comics - [b]In HeatSeal 8/02,
In Labels 7/29, In Grading Room 6/23, 50 wks / 240 Business day Press TAT[/b]

#-----EB2E-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----E175-MD - 34 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----D6B1-MD - 32 comics - In Pressing Room, 49 wks / 235 Business day Press TAT

Delivered to CBCS 7/14/21
#-----19FC-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----24FC-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----6D64-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----D6B1-MD - 60 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----7189-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----8142-MD - 68 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----8596-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----A44C-MD - 60 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----B5DA-MD - 29 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----876C-EX - 30 comics - [b]In HeatSeal 8/02, In Labels 7/29, In Grading Room 6/24, Received
[/b]

Delivered to CBCS 9/20/21
#-----7374-MD - 8 comics Grade only/No Press - In Grading 7/16, Received

#-----6A82-MD - 27 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----6A82-EX - 27 comics - In Pressing Room 5/27, Received

Delivered to CBCS 2/24/22
#-----EAC8-CN - 2 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----EAC8-EX - 11 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----EAC8-MD - 17 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----BD64-EX - 2 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----BD64-MD - 39 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----8043-MD w/VSP - 14 comics - In Pressing Room

I will continue to update until completed.
Post 602 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Just received two emails from CBCS that my Vintage order and my Modern order (4 books in each all with Press Screening) have been graded and will be put in cases and 'will only be here a short time before it ships out!'

My invoice went from processing to grading on July 14th. Then went to Heatseal on July 20th. Now the invoice says grading again.

Books received in Oakville June 10, 2021.

The end is near! (Hopefully).
Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector Gibby357 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Just received two emails from CBCS that my Vintage order and my Modern order (4 books in each all with Press Screening) have been graded and will be put in cases and 'will only be here a short time before it ships out!'

My invoice went from processing to grading on July 14th. Then went to Heatseal on July 20th. Now the invoice says grading again.

Books received in Oakville June 10, 2021.

The end is near! (Hopefully).

This is exactly what happened to me. I thought when it went from Grading to HeatSeal that it was being put in cases. So the next email I was expecting was that they would be ready to go. I hope the end is near too. It has been a year and two months total. We shall see!
Post 604 IP   flag post
@Caffeine_Kid @Gibby357

Yeah, that's how it has been going. Make ZERO since why, but, grading, heat seal, grading, shipping....
Post 605 IP   flag post
598060 999 30