CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Dang. I thought my 140 books would be a delay
Post 501 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
September 21' 30 blue label grade only submission just shipped via Fed-Ex.
Should be here Monday....
Woooooop.....
Post 502 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
@WalkinWillie I recently sent a modern pre-screen set to CGC for the same reason. I just hope I don't regret it for QC reasons.
Post 503 IP   flag post
@figment I sent in 6 pedigree books to CGC a couple of weeks ago. They receive the books 4 days after shipped and sent email as received 2 days after that.
Might get them back before Christmas....
Post 504 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Probably time for another e-mail to CBCS "customer service" - it's been just over 2 months since they said that 2 of my pickup orders were marked wrong and that they were now corrected as pickup by MCS

I have another order marked as ship to Canada that can't possibly be right since it had pressing - so it should be with CBCS for close to a year

Plus side I'm sending more books in that will be for sale eventually (when Wolvie pops back up Mouse town)...but to the other guys - since it will be cheaper and potentially faster, maybe even some magazines - done waiting for #SOON, crazy TATs, non-existent "customer service" - the other guys may have an inferior product but they at least seem to know how to run their business - won't find contradictory pricing or TAT info if you look in different places on their site...or hey!!! they shutdown the CBCS Canada Oakville location with no e-mail to people with existing orders or any other type of announcement like on the home page etc. etc. - just quietly went away - scared to see what the on-line form is like for the Canada option
Post 505 IP   flag post

30 book grade only submission, shipped on Sept, 7th 2021. Delivered to CBCS on Sept. 10th 2021.
Shipped back to me on 7.14.22 and delivered to me today 7.17.22.
So just over 10 months from departure to return.
I will be opening them up shortly and post a few pics in another thread.

So there is hope that my February Submission can make it back before Christmas???
Post 506 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
So there is hope that my February Submission can make it back before Christmas???

I uncovered a 27.5 pound bar of pure gold while shoveling to plant a tree in my backyard yesterday after witnessing a unicorn eating my grass; so Yes I'd say it's possible.

Be assured of one thing for certain - they're working on it
Post 507 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
I have called MANY times and also left messages and sent emails....no reply to any.

I am back in the "i have no idea where my books are " ..at least they are marked shipping to Canada. I will agree that excites ME

May 2021 submition...might just see it this month
Post 508 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

...hey!!! they shutdown the CBCS Canada Oakville location with no e-mail to people with existing orders or any other type of announcement like on the home page etc. etc. - just quietly went away - scared to see what the on-line form is like for the Canada option

I was wondering about that. I thought I missed the announcement. I presume they will ship orders directly back to customers instead of thru Oakville first... or ???
Post 509 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67

I uncovered a 27.5 pound bar of pure gold while shoveling to plant a tree in my backyard yesterday after witnessing a unicorn eating my grass; so Yes I'd say it's possible.

Be assured of one thing for certain - they're working on it

You must live near by, my unicorn got loose a couple days ago and he came back with gold caps on his teeth... lol...
Post 510 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Probably time for another e-mail to CBCS "customer service" - it's been just over 2 months since they said that 2 of my pickup orders were marked wrong and that they were now corrected as pickup by MCS

I have another order marked as ship to Canada that can't possibly be right since it had pressing - so it should be with CBCS for close to a year

Plus side I'm sending more books in that will be for sale eventually (when Wolvie pops back up Mouse town)...but to the other guys - since it will be cheaper and potentially faster, maybe even some magazines - done waiting for #SOON, crazy TATs, non-existent "customer service" - the other guys may have an inferior product but they at least seem to know how to run their business - won't find contradictory pricing or TAT info if you look in different places on their site...or hey!!! they shutdown the CBCS Canada Oakville location with no e-mail to people with existing orders or any other type of announcement like on the home page etc. etc. - just quietly went away - scared to see what the on-line form is like for the Canada option

CGC has been running faster than the 82 days for moderns.
i am rooting for cbcs to get a hold on things. but all new orders are going into CGC.
I cant tie up more money with CBCS and not know when the ordes might start to ship back to sell.
Post 511 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
My second order (slab only for two and art label for one) dropped at Orlando Megacon (may 19-22) that should have had the official clock start on May 25th (wednesday after con) have just hit "received" status and is visible on the dashboard. One day short of 7 weeks (with one holiday in there).

Just got an e-mail these are in the "grading room". I assume that's an automated notification when they've started moving through the encapsulation process regardless of slab only or not. The invoice also reads "grading".
Post 512 IP   flag post
Collector JustAThought private msg quote post Address this user
Just received an email that my order (no press, straight grade Modern & Expanded) from mid-Sept 2021 will be in grading "shortly".
Invoice status and dashboard have not changed but hanging on a prayer.

It was a small order (just 5 books) to test CBCS ("the other guys" first hand, at the suggestion of my wife and daughter before sending the 600+ I had lined up for grading.

tl;dr A test was prudent: 17 weeks != 40+ weeks and counting.

These were mostly books I had no plan to sell so the price was OK.
A couple of the books were bought as 2021 Birthday and Christmas presents for my daughter so a 17 week TAT was going to be an issue, but if they arrived in early January, no problem.

So a small 5 book order would be prudent, right?
After the TAT grew to 22 and then 27 and then ... I DM'd Steve and asked if there was a way I could pay extra and fast track the books because getting them in March was too late and I'd need to come up with new Bday/Christmas presents.
After some time he told me the books would make it by Christmas unless there was some unforeseen problem. I think you can fill in the rest.

I passed the CBCS table a couple times (no lines, no wait...) this weekend at Houston Compicpalooza.
I had deja vous thinking how convenient it would be to submit any of the dozen books I had on my person -another small test to see, first hand, if things are any better.

Then I reeled in pain as my daughter kicked me in the shin...the thought left as quickly as it arrived.
Post 513 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Not all is lost. There will be another birthday soon, lol.
Post 514 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Next bday, there's the option of 14 day TAT for the low low low price of $60 - $80.

So you can get her that great gift, but skip the cake, card, candles, and anything else you had planned
Post 515 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I thought I would track my experience with the "express plus" tier here. I recently got a signed crow #1 so I decided to splurge and get it graded and back to me as quickly as possible.
It is 1 book only, with signature verification, no press, express plus tier.
Book was delivered 7/18/22- the estimated time with verification was given as 3 weeks

Sooo...we shall see
Post 516 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
I thought I would track my experience with the "express plus" tier here.

My Express orders have all been processed and returned in a very timely manner, i.e. within two weeks clock time or 10 business days. Never done one with signature verification though, I bet that's why it's listed as three weeks. Nice book to test it with that's for sure!
Post 517 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Not all is lost. There will be another birthday soon, lol.

Exactly! The books from the George Perez signing will maybe arrive by end of this year? Those are still a surprise - a couple are Teen Titans which were her favorite growing up
I'm working on plan B present now though. :/
Post 518 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Next bday, there's the option of 14 day TAT for the low low low price of $60 - $80.

So you can get her that great gift, but skip the cake, card, candles, and anything else you had planned

Yeah...no :/

And also not going to do that with the other 600+ since they are just in my collection...at this point, I might just keep them wrapped/boxed for another couple decades and then sell them un-graded.
Re-considering the other, other guys though.

I did just get another email that the books are on the grading table.
Post 519 IP   flag post
Collector PressMeComics private msg quote post Address this user
I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how much we complain, CBCS is not monitoring this thread and if they are, they have nothing to add. I'm extremely disappointed as I've been a proponent of theirs for the last several years. But they had the opportunity to rise the perceived level of the other company that begins with "C".

My first submission was on Sept 17, 2021

On May 16, 2022, I received the email that the order had finally entered the grading room.

The Dashboard has not been updated and there has been no forward momentum since. I'm not a reseller but these are my person books! I would just like to see at least one of by five submission begin to see the end of the process, after all they have already taken my money. I could use the other company but their grades are not consistent as of late. So the choice is Quality & Lengthy TATs or faster TATs and questionable grades.
Post 520 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Update-
Dashboard updated with Received- so this was entered into system within 24hrs on the express tier

So far, way ahead of my last submissions....obviously not economical on a giant order, but so far so good
Post 521 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PressMeComics
I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how much we complain, CBCS is not monitoring this thread and if they are, they have nothing to add.

Right, nothing to add. We already know the full process to get through grading is in the 9-12 months range. Your order hit the grading room at month 8. Until it ships, I think you'll only get one additional e-mail that will say something like "hit the production floor and will be shipping soon". Otherwise, you have to go into the order on the dashboard and click on where it says "invoice". This will download your invoice and I'd guess yours will say either "labels" or "heatseal".
Post 522 IP   flag post
Interestingly, the Dashboard and Invoice show the same status, "Grading", on my order. I find that a step in the right direction.
Post 523 IP   flag post
Collector cbusch1 private msg quote post Address this user
Just had my order I sent a year ago enter the grading room lets go. Hopefully it won't be too much longer
Post 524 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Good news (for me anyway)! On July 14 I recieved an email indicating my June 2021 order had moved to grading. I just checked my invoice and it now says HeatSeal. Woot woot!

I figured it would take until next year to get through grading if they'd just arrived there. (Eight books - 4 vintage, 4 modern. All with Press Screening.)

I am guessing HeatSeal is the last step before shipping???
Post 525 IP   flag post
Collector PressMeComics private msg quote post Address this user
Good to know about the Invoice to see the status. The order is showing "Grading" but my next submissions shows "ImagingSP", whatever that is.
Post 526 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
I am guessing HeatSeal is the last step before shipping???

Not sure where "Heat Seal" and "Labels" fit in relation to each other, but after that comes "Production", then "Shipping". I think "Heat Seal" is the inner well, where as "Production" is the hard plastic shell that doesn't get Newton Rings. When you get the e-mail that says "Production" there's generally only a week or so left.
Post 527 IP   flag post
Collector Gibby357 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I was soooooo pumped back in June (13) when I received an email that my Comics had finally hit Grading. Now, over 2 months later and still in Grading. It never ends.
Post 528 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby357
Wow, I was soooooo pumped back in June (13) when I received an email that my Comics had finally hit Grading. Now, over 2 months later and still in Grading. It never ends.

Yeah, it goes, grading, heat seal, grading, production, grading, labels, grading, shipping, grading, grading, grading, shipped, grading lol.........
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector Gibby357 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by PressMeComics
I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how much we complain, CBCS is not monitoring this thread and if they are, they have nothing to add.

Right, nothing to add. We already know the full process to get through grading is in the 9-12 months range. Your order hit the grading room at month 8. Until it ships, I think you'll only get one additional e-mail that will say something like "hit the production floor and will be shipping soon". Otherwise, you have to go into the order on the dashboard and click on where it says "invoice". This will download your invoice and I'd guess yours will say either "labels" or "heatseal".

Thank you for that reminder to download the invoice. Mine shows HeatSeal. I had forgotten about it because I use to download and it never said anything other than processing.
Post 530 IP   flag post
600902 999 30