Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So essentially you are trolling. And using the turnaround time as a means to avoid getting suspended. Hopefully admitting it will get someone's attention....
Post 476 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 i have received back 9 of 11 press submissions from June 2021 and a July and September grade only submission.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector d1al private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
"Vintage" (Pre-1975) Orders from September 2021

CBCS Expanded

1) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/15/22 (281 total days)
2) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/24/22 (290 total days)
3) Delivered 9/08/21, Entered 11/08/21, Grading 6/03/22, Labels 6/8/22, Complete 7/08/22 (303 total days)
4) Delivered 9/17/21, Entered 11/12/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/18/22, Complete 6/20/22 (276 total days)
5) Delivered 9/20/21, Entered 11/11/21, Grading 7/06/22

A little out of order, the last one should now be less than a month until completion. It is worth noting that submission size did have an effect, with larger submissions taking longer than smaller ones. Meanwhile, the ones at CGC are still just sitting there.

CGC Economy

1) Delivered 9/09/21, Entered 9/14/21
2) Delivered 9/24/21, Entered 10/21/21
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector d1al private msg quote post Address this user
this is truly shocking _ i did my first ever comic submission at a con in Early Dec 2021. They guy who took my order said you will get these back in about 20 weeks - dropped at Con on Dec 5th 2021 arrived Jan 17th 2022 STILL in PROCESSING! 176 days 25 weeks and counting. why have the books submitted back when TATs were shorter take longer now??
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1al
this is truly shocking _ i did my first ever comic submission at a con in Early Dec 2021. They guy who took my order said you will get these back in about 20 weeks - dropped at Con on Dec 5th 2021 arrived Jan 17th 2022 STILL in PROCESSING! 176 days 25 weeks and counting. why have the books submitted back when TATs were shorter take longer now??

That's been common for years at CBCS AND CGC. TATS are usually the shortest during the break in the convention season then rise as, then they drop. Submissions have been crazy high during the pandemic and throw in the supply chain issues and lock downs, you get stupid TATs. CGC seems to be addressing the problem while CBCS says they are but there are no real clear indicators. TATS hold or are going up and prices right along with them. CBCShad a huge opportunity to gain ground but, as has become SOP they squandered it and will likely start bleeding any but the most loyal fan boys.
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
Received an email this morning stating that my comics have (FINALLY) moved to Grading Room. The order number they reference is not one of my 2 orders I'm waiting on (August/September 2021). Did CBCS combine my 2 submissions (10 total comics) into a new order #?
On my order page, both orders are still Processing.
Post 481 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi_ny
Received an email this morning stating that my comics have (FINALLY) moved to Grading Room. The order number they reference is not one of my 2 orders I'm waiting on (August/September 2021). Did CBCS combine my 2 submissions (10 total comics) into a new order #?
On my order page, both orders are still Processing.

I would write Customer Servi .... I mean, I would call Customer Serv.... I mean, I mean.... oh nevermind.
Post 482 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So essentially you are trolling. And using the turnaround time as a means to avoid getting suspended. Hopefully admitting it will get someone's attention....

i am not trolling

i figured since this is a thread about TATS it would be safe to ask what they are grading in same thread and not start a brand new one.
Post 483 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Posting questions a person already knows the answers to is either trolling or points to severe mentally deficiency.
Post 484 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Posting questions a person already knows the answers to is either trolling or points to severe mentally deficiency.

you are trolling sir

i stated that its allowed to post up on a weekly basis or whatever as to what month they might be grading into.

the only reason is this cbcs does not update there webpage on a weekly basis so we are all in a fog.

and whats wrong with people posting up what orders they have in and what month they MIGHT be grading into.
Post 485 IP   flag post
Quote:

and what it does not change on a weekly or daily basis the current times.

thats your opinion
Post 486 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 Sometimes if you post something that either is negative or seems negative, and by posting your experience with them, its negative. the CBCS diehards will say anything to defend it. Anyone who submitted pre express guarentee is on a rough ride, no 2 ways about it. Try to ignore the trolls.
Post 487 IP   flag post
I keep forgetting who I'm talking to. My apologies.
Post 488 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte
No need to apologize
My september 21' order just went into billing....
Yeehaw.....
Post 489 IP   flag post
It's not a matter of posting negative experiences or not. I'll be the first to admit cbcs hasn't answered my emails in a month or more. Customer service is severely lacking in many regards.

It's the constant asking of questions that answers don't change in a week's time. But whatever, I'll yield and you can berate cbcs all you want. I'll refrain from commenting further.
Post 490 IP   flag post
Quote:
It's not a matter of posting negative experiences or not. I'll be the first to admit cbcs hasn't answered my emails in a month or more. Customer service is severely lacking in many regards.

It's the constant asking of questions that answers don't change in a week's time. But whatever, I'll yield and you can berate cbcs all you want. I'll refrain from commenting further.

its fine
Post 491 IP   flag post
And now the order is in shipping...
Woop..Woop...
Post 492 IP   flag post
On a side note re: communication with CS
After a week of crickets, I received multiple emails today updating 3 different orders.
Maybe they are busy packing for the move.
Maybe they have been slammed with emails.
Maybe they have been short handed recently.
Maybe I will retire next year.
Post 493 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe it's not a priority for them
Post 494 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 Meh.....could be....
Post 495 IP   flag post
Collector Makeminedeadpool private msg quote post Address this user
Two of my early September 2021 orders, modern no press no nothing, just grading have been in HeatSeal for 7weeks now according to the invoice. The wait continues.
Post 496 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeminedeadpool
Two of my early September 2021 orders, modern no press no nothing, just grading have been in HeatSeal for 7weeks now according to the invoice. The wait continues.

I think you're close. Heat Seal seems to be the new Labels, i.e. the spot where books just sit for two months before hitting Production.
Post 497 IP   flag post
@Makeminedeadpool yeah, you are super close to the shipping line.
Post 498 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I have a submission that went in July of last year. Date says July 19, so I assume they got it within about a week of that. I usually send immediately and Priority

5 books:
1 expanded and 4 modern.
2 VSP's
All had a press screen, no idea at this point if any were pressed or not.

It just moved, today, in to grading.
Post 499 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
I have 2,441 modern books over 16 orders of pre-screen moderns at CBCS dating back to 8/23/2021 - 113 books over two orders of the total of 2,441 have pressing so I don't look to have those until next year.

Alas, I am going to submit to CGC for a while until CBCS catches up on my orders. I am not angry or upset at CBCS at all. I cannot imagine trying to manage an explosive growth business like theirs and with the pandemic factors, I believe CBCS is doing the very best they can - why would they do otherwise?

Thing is, I am a dealer and when you deal with modern slabs, you really need to get them back in your hands and up on the web ASAP as the value of most moderns decreases after the calendar year they are published if not sooner. There are exceptions but not many. Ratio incentives decrease in value even faster.

CGC is currently at 82 working days for moderns which is about 4 months. I tried submitting a couple of express orders to CBCS when the cost was $40 just to get some new inventory but now that the price is up to $60, that is no longer an option as the margins just aren't there.

I really don't like dealing with CGC with their $25 per modern book grading fee and the $8 per book rejection fee but I need the inventory and hopefully will get some back before Christmas. I'm fairly sure I will receive one or two CBCS orders in that time frame but nothing is certain.

I am rooting hard for CBCS as I would much rather deal with them - I'll certainly be back when they get a handle on things.
Post 500 IP   flag post
Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Dang. I thought my 140 books would be a delay
Post 501 IP   flag post
September 21' 30 blue label grade only submission just shipped via Fed-Ex.
Should be here Monday....
Woooooop.....
Post 502 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
@WalkinWillie I recently sent a modern pre-screen set to CGC for the same reason. I just hope I don't regret it for QC reasons.
Post 503 IP   flag post
@figment I sent in 6 pedigree books to CGC a couple of weeks ago. They receive the books 4 days after shipped and sent email as received 2 days after that.
Might get them back before Christmas....
Post 504 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Probably time for another e-mail to CBCS "customer service" - it's been just over 2 months since they said that 2 of my pickup orders were marked wrong and that they were now corrected as pickup by MCS

I have another order marked as ship to Canada that can't possibly be right since it had pressing - so it should be with CBCS for close to a year

Plus side I'm sending more books in that will be for sale eventually (when Wolvie pops back up Mouse town)...but to the other guys - since it will be cheaper and potentially faster, maybe even some magazines - done waiting for #SOON, crazy TATs, non-existent "customer service" - the other guys may have an inferior product but they at least seem to know how to run their business - won't find contradictory pricing or TAT info if you look in different places on their site...or hey!!! they shutdown the CBCS Canada Oakville location with no e-mail to people with existing orders or any other type of announcement like on the home page etc. etc. - just quietly went away - scared to see what the on-line form is like for the Canada option
Post 505 IP   flag post
597922 999 30