Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazywabbit
Ok. I've been patient and more than reasonable. This ends now.

I had 2 orders submitted 13 months ago. The advertised TAT then was 6 weeks. Received one of them back in February, but still no grading notes or verification available online. I was getting worried about the second order and, if were not for someone being very honest, it would have fallen off the face of the earth. CBCS sent the second order to someone else with my last name, in my city (different first name, credit card number, distinct invoice#). Aside from holding on to these items for over 30 years they also have value in the market place. How does CBCS mess up that badly??

I've sent 2 emails to support asking for updates and both have gone unanswered. Someone please contact me.

This sucks dude. Sadly, if you would have posted this last fall you'd have been given a slew of "don't worry the books are fine", or "stop complaining", or "they're focusing their efforts on processing books so they don't have time to update the dashboard" responses. A perfect example why detailed, accurate, and up-to-date information is crucial for customers. This could have been caught early and been much easier to resolve had you known in time. So maybe ignoring the dashboard updates and supposedly diverting manpower to processing books (a lot of good that did), wasn't such a wise choice?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I had 2 orders submitted 13 months ago. The advertised TAT then was 6 weeks. Received one of them back in February, but still no grading notes or verification available online. I was getting worried about the second order and, if were not for someone being very honest, it would have fallen off the face of the earth. CBCS sent the second order to someone else with my last name, in my city (different first name, credit card number, distinct invoice#). Aside from holding on to these items for over 30 years they also have value in the market place. How does CBCS mess up that badly??

I've sent 2 emails to support asking for updates and both have gone unanswered. Someone please contact me.

There are still issues with Canadian orders getting entered into the notes system. I think people have had some luck in the past with directly contacting (if you can get someone) with your invoice information to speed along the process.

Your second issue is an inexcusable mistake.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector cwazywabbit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

There are still issues with Canadian orders getting entered into the notes system. I think people have had some luck in the past with directly contacting (if you can get someone) with your invoice information to speed along the process.

Your second issue is an inexcusable mistake.

The individual who received the second order just brought it over. To be fair, it 'could' have been the delivery company as he is also a customer, lives only 4 doors down (and same last name, just bizarre all that lined up).

Still an issue with missing grading notes.

For items that have all been stored in a box with backing boards and plastic since they were bought 30yrs ago, I'd like to know why the grades range wildly from 5.5 to 8.5. I can accept the argument that maybe humidity had affected them, but not when grades are so inconsistent.

Sorry, that last bit is maybe just me bitching. Poor communication from CBCS and today's screw up really skewed my mood.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 2021NAI private msg quote post Address this user
@stevericketts can I get an update on this order? 21-1B89D64 When I click on Print Invoice to find out where they are it just errors out now. Last I checked they were still in Labels..for many months. Yesterday was a year. Please advise. Everyone else seems to get answers but no one ever answers my questions on where my books are.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The individual who received the second order just brought it over. To be fair, it 'could' have been the delivery company as he is also a customer, lives only 4 doors down (and same last name, just bizarre all that lined up).

Ah, well that sounds a little different than first described. The Canadian orders not being entered is a long-standing issue. That's not an excuse; just an observation.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@cwazywabbit - That is fantastic that you have received your comics. If it “could”have been the delivery company error, maybe in fairness to CBCS you should edit your first post from this morning. Did the guy from 4 doors down with same last name not give you the box with the label?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@cwazywabbit - That is fantastic that you have received your comics. If it “could”have been the delivery company error, maybe in fairness to CBCS you should edit your first post from this morning. Did the guy from 4 doors down with same last name not give you the box with the label?

Nope, label long gone off the box. So I don't know either way.

The original statement still stands. Whether or not it was a labeling gaff or a delivery person's mistake, CBCS still bears responsibility for ensuring this kind of thing never happens (like maybe reaching out to "Canpar Express", use Fedex like the invoice indicated, improve communication with customers). Some of these packages are a lifetime of collecting and/or worth several thousands of dollars (like this one). I got very lucky. If the other customer hadn't reached out to me I would've spent several more months assuming it was in CBCS limbo due to lack of communication, and lost the chance to track it down.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Wishing21 private msg quote post Address this user
I have one order now over ten months old, and five other orders eight months old that I am waiting. The ten month old order shows "Submitted" next to it, all five of the eight month old orders show "Processing" next to them. To me, this is unacceptable. One of the reasons I chose CBCS over CGC was their promised speed of turnaround. Also, they charged my credit card for all of these orders a long time ago.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector daredevilart private msg quote post Address this user
My order was received on 14 August 2021. I just received the "books are in grading room" email today!

This used to mean my books would ship in 1-2 weeks. What's the current "books are grading" to "shipped" time these days?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevilart
My order was received on 14 August 2021. I just received the "books are in grading room" email today!

This used to mean my books would ship in 1-2 weeks. What's the current "books are grading" to "shipped" time these days?

Mine have been in “grading” for at least 2 months. So the answer is, whenever they get done with all the Express orders they just got in yesterday.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Good News/Bad News

The good news is that my Expanded order received on September 17 is now at grading.

The bad news is that my three Expanded orders received PRIOR to September 17 are still just processing. So, not that it's a real mystery to anyone, but things do seem to be a bit out of order.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
Quote:

Mine have been in “grading” for at least 2 months. So the answer is, whenever they get done with all the Express orders they just got in yesterday.

For the slow tiers "Grading" can take two weeks followed by about two months in "Labels". Then when you finally get the "Production" email there's just a week or so left. At least that's my experience over the past several months.
Post 37 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@figment My sept 7th submission of mostly bronze age and a few moderns are in labels I was told by CS. Dashboard says grading. I say Phooey as in Hong Kong Phooey.... The number one super guy
Standard

Express

Express Plus

Super Express

Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Kasperb991 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 who are yall calling to get ahold of someone in CS lol I can't seem to get anyone to answer and the emails are so back logged thst I'm still waiting from over a week ago lol
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
Quote:

For the slow tiers "Grading" can take two weeks followed by about two months in "Labels". Then when you finally get the "Production" email there's just a week or so left. At least that's my experience over the past several months.

I confirmed my books were still marked as "Received" on 3/18, then I got my "you're comics are in the grading room!" email on 3/21, then by 4/4 the invoice said Labels. So your timeline seems accurate and by the grace of Odin's beard, maybe I'll get that "Production" email in the next couple weeks.

It's getting more and more aggravating that we have to come here for anecdotal stories and dig through old emails just to sleuth are way toward some kind of information about our books.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector 1976jfperez private msg quote post Address this user
Sigh, checking on my 08/17/2021 submission status and this pops up when I click on my invoice...
<Error>
<Code>ResourceNotFound</Code>
<Message>The specified resource does not exist.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976jfperez
Sigh, checking on my 08/17/2021 submission status and this pops up when I click on my invoice...
<Error>
<Code>ResourceNotFound</Code>
<Message>The specified resource does not exist.

They're working on this.
Just like everything else
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasperb991
@Nearmint67 who are yall calling to get ahold of someone in CS lol I can't seem to get anyone to answer and the emails are so back logged thst I'm still waiting from over a week ago lol

Email
Just have to be patient. But they do respond.
There are only a bajillion people wondering the same thing.

In a better CBCS world we might see;
6 customer service employees fielding calls and emails (like a mini-call center)
6 employees that do nothing but receive new submissions and immediately upon receiving, update our dashboards as received.
16 graders (6 for standard),(3 for express),(2 for express plus),(2 for Super Express) and 3 floaters that help where tiers get back logged.
20-30 in the pressing department (taking the longest amount of time). Sorry @SteveRicketts.
12 in labels (4 to print them, and 8 to do proper research for all of the info that "should" be printed)
10-12 in heat seal/ encapsulation.
4-6 in quality control to ensure all is well before shipping.
10-15 in packing/ shipping.
Another dozen that can multi-task several departments to fill in when others are out sick or on vacation.

Not to mention a barcode system whereby everyone who moves a book from department to department scans our books to keep track of them. Allowing instantaneous updates to dashboards as books are scanned while navigating the system. Eliminating 90% of "where are my books" enquires...

I know, I am an optimist
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

Email
Just have to be patient. But they do respond.
There are only a bajillion people wondering the same thing.

In a better CBCS world we might see;
6 customer service employees fielding calls and emails (like a mini-call center)
6 employees that do nothing but receive new submissions and immediately upon receiving, update our dashboards as received.
16 graders (6 for standard),(3 for express),(2 for express plus),(2 for Super Express) and 3 floaters that help where tiers get back logged.
20-30 in the pressing department (taking the longest amount of time). Sorry @SteveRicketts.
12 in labels (4 to print them, and 8 to do proper research for all of the info that "should" be printed)
10-12 in heat seal/ encapsulation.
4-6 in quality control to ensure all is well before shipping.
10-15 in packing/ shipping.
Another dozen that can multi-task several departments to fill in when others are out sick or on vacation.

Not to mention a barcode system whereby everyone who moves a book from department to department scans our books to keep track of them. Allowing instantaneous updates to dashboards as books are scanned while navigating the system. Eliminating 90% of "where are my books" enquires...

I know, I am an optimist

Or they could simply only take as many orders as their current staff can handle.

I think this is where I'm also supposed to tell you that all of that is nonsense and you're foolish for thinking anything like that could ever work because you've never run your own business.

@Nuffsaid111 Ironically the error code provides just as much useful information as the dashboard.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:

Oddly enough, I just received a phone call from customer service. I didn't ask them to call me.
Young lady named Amber, was so nice and patiently explained the entire process and let me know they are still working on adding additional employees. She also said their biggest bottle neck area is in heat seal.
I didn't ask, the equipment used for the process is probably quite expensive. (Anyone with knowledge of the cost of this type of equipment...please chime in). Thus they may only have a few of them.
You can just see pallets of books waiting to get heat sealed. (Hope not lol...)
So they most likely are in need of more of this equipment and people to operate them.

Thought you would like to know.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Am I reading this right? A "New" comic with Standard pressing and grading is 714 business days (roughly 3 years)??

Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Am I reading this right? A "New" comic with Standard pressing and grading is 714 business days (roughly 3 years)??

Post 47 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
They're working on bringing down the pressing TATs
I read it, so it's true
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Probably more like 3.5 years if you are using the Canadian office. I got a hold of a customer service rep who shipped my most recent order back to me raw.

I only send in personal collection books and I would rather have them in hand than wait 3.5 years to see them again. The shipping was prompt and direct (not through Can. office). But, after a few exchanges wondering how they were being shipped, what the charges were etc., they just stopped answering. Books just arrived one day.
FYI.
Post 49 IP   flag post
@cwazywabbit @Silverado
You might consider having your books pressed by a third party company that presses your books for you.
There are several comic book dealers now providing that service.
Check around there in Canada to see who is reputable that you can try.
Maybe have them do the pressing on a few lower cost books to see if you are happy with their work.
And if you are, then have them press your books before submitting them for grading.
That will save you a lot of time. And maybe some money too.
Most companies who do pressing, usually only take a few days to complete.
Definitely worth looking into. Hope you can find someone and help you to continue getting your gems graded.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

3 years sounds too fast to me.

Don't forget that when you submit and everyone else does the express with a $$ back guarantee that your TAT's will keep growing!!

On the plus side they are currently dismantling the website with "updates and improvements" making it very hard for anyone to submit new books - so maybe TATs will come down??

Oh and those TATs are just on that page...if it makes you feel better there are different TATs on other sections as well as logical inconsistencies in pricing and other issues - thankfully they applied the same care and attention to detail to the printable submission forms - it's been just over a month so I'm sure a fix will be along #SOON

Hey!! wasn't there supposed to be Magazine grading in April???......I wonder if we all misread and thought April of this year.....
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Kasperb991 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 I have found a guy here in GA that does a good job and offers the first ever book no matter the age free.. with a guaranteed TAT of 4 weeks for the cheapest option
Post 52 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@cwazywabbit - this was addressed a month ago in other thread. I suspected that there was a miscalculation in the conversion of the lower tier TATs from the old weeks system to the Business day system. Sure enough, the CBCS social media CS did respond to me, oddly, that the Lower Tiers TATs were based on a 7 day work week. Go figure lower tiers calcs based on 7 day work week Express Tiers based on 5 day work week.

Frustrating yes. Even more annoying that it hasn't been fixed or re-addressed for clarity for all.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

@cwazywabbit - this was addressed a month ago in other thread. I suspected that there was a miscalculation in the conversion of the lower tier TATs from the old weeks system to the Business day system. Sure enough, the CBCS social media CS did respond to me, oddly, that the Lower Tiers TATs were based on a 7 day work week. Go figure lower tiers calcs based on 7 day work week Express Tiers based on 5 day work week.

Frustrating yes. Even more annoying that it hasn't been fixed or re-addressed for clarity for all.

also frustrating that there are different TATs on the membership page.

In olden times membership got you lower prices - not faster times - haven't seen a clarification of things. i.e. are those the right TATs for everyone and just the pricing break for members or is it really different $$ and time for members?
If membership really is lower prices and faster times then that's another nail in the coffin for CBCS Canada as there is no Canadian membership option.....
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Nearmint67 I have found a guy here in GA that does a good job and offers the first ever book no matter the age free.. with a guaranteed TAT of 4 weeks for the cheapest option

Well how about that....
I found a guy here in FL to press books a few years ago.
He charged me 12.00 per book. He did so-so work. He wanted something like 1,200.00 to do a 6 hour training course. I laughed at that. Then I went out and learned how to press myself.
Now with a solid 2 years experience, I save tons of cash and oodles of time.
So now I only have grading fees to pay.
Post 55 IP   flag post
611390 999 30