Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
and how can we sell comics and send in orders if they cant complete orders in any kind of timely fashion.

why create a new grading express tier this year if you cant finish the work you have in house already.

if you can stay on top of express tiers in a timely manner then you should be able to grade moderns same way.

funny the other companys get orders back and guess what i can sell them to send in more orders.

i want to give cbcs more orders but dont trust how they work inside the place at all.
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 I feel the same. I sent in sept to cbcs, in october i sent to cgc, i have 3 consecutive ones back from cgc in the same time i got mine back from cbcs. And i firmly believe the only reason i got my cbcs ones back was because of 3 months of emails and phone calls letting them know how upset i was and finally asking for my books back. Then they were finished.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector Peacekeeperiv private msg quote post Address this user
Well figured everyone else is posting there order status..lol

Order made and sent in Sept 7th 2021..

Received by CBCS receiving Dept Nov 9 2021..
Email sent that they are in grading room May 13,2022..

Nothing since then.
This was 15 moderns book with no pressing, Just grading and 2 books need signature verification.
Post 453 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
i just got off phone and they told me regular moderns are 32 weeks
Post 454 IP   flag post
so to me thats 160 days

but why does there website say 224 days
Post 455 IP   flag post

and he also said that can change because in about 4 weeks they are moving to a new place.

so who knows

on the phone and email its 32 weeks so to me thats 160 days

but there page says 224

i told him nicely on the phone if cbcs would have posted up new TATS times accordingly i could have expressed some or not sent them all into cbcs if i knew the times were this long.

i asked him why is it not changed before this the current new tats times.

cgc changed it on a weekly basis. but cbcs just leaves it there the same and then poof it all changes.

funny the small compnay that starts with P and ends with a X can get orders back timely and guess what they sell but cbcs cant update a webpage like cgc . a huge compnay like this cant make true updates to key data like turn around times.

thats just nonsense
Post 456 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 a regular non express modern is 32 weeks? That is the funniest thing i have heard all week. That guy is lying.
Post 457 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongro
@beastboy1980 a regular non express modern is 32 weeks? That is the funniest thing i have heard all week. That guy is lying.

he told me 32 weeks for each of my orders from this january

but then said it could all change if they move end of the month

i then said if its 32 weeks why does the webpage say 224 days

i find it funny how the other company that starts with P AND ENDS WITH A X can get my orders back in same year.

I was like why does there webpage say 2 diff things
and i said why did there own page never change the TATS long ago
if we all saw the true times we would have expressed orders or not sent in them.

cgc is more up to date with a true TAT Times
all i am saying is this. you take our money run the webpage and give out accurate information on a weekly basis
Post 458 IP   flag post
Collector The_IronJedi private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
i just got off phone and they told me regular moderns are 32 weeks

Well I guess I am 1/2 way there at 17 weeks for 17 Modern. Wonder how bad the one 2-Day Modern book (which doesn't exist as a tier anymore) and one Expanded book will bollux things up?! And that's for just 1 order of 3 submitted around the same time.
Post 459 IP   flag post
CGC order that was checked in on may 17th

in encapsulation now.

memo to cbcs if you are the same price as cgc but cant grade any orders this year you need to do much much better than this.
Post 460 IP   flag post
Collector BrandonM317 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone have an idea of how long it will take for books we had graded on-site at Fan Expo Dallas to show online in our accounts? I have a book I submitted and really need to see the grader notes but nothing from the June 18th submissions (picked up on June 20th)is showing in my online inventory yet.
Post 461 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeperiv
Well figured everyone else is posting there order status..lol

Order made and sent in Sept 7th 2021..

Received by CBCS receiving Dept Nov 9 2021..
Email sent that they are in grading room May 13,2022..

Nothing since then.
This was 15 moderns book with no pressing, Just grading and 2 books need signature verification.

Those are very close to the end of the line. I have three orders that hit Grading sometime in May. Two are complete, the third is now beyond grading in Labels.
Post 462 IP   flag post
"Vintage" (Pre-1975) Orders from September 2021

CBCS Expanded

1) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/15/22 (281 total days)
2) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/24/22 (290 total days)
3) Delivered 9/08/21, Entered 11/08/21, Grading 6/03/22, Labels 6/8/22, Complete 7/08/22 (303 total days)
4) Delivered 9/17/21, Entered 11/12/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/18/22, Complete 6/20/22 (276 total days)
5) Delivered 9/20/21, Entered 11/11/21, Grading 7/06/22

A little out of order, the last one should now be less than a month until completion. It is worth noting that submission size did have an effect, with larger submissions taking longer than smaller ones. Meanwhile, the ones at CGC are still just sitting there.

CGC Economy

1) Delivered 9/09/21, Entered 9/14/21
2) Delivered 9/24/21, Entered 10/21/21
Post 463 IP   flag post
are they grading in october yet cbcs
Post 464 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Mine are early October- nope
Post 465 IP   flag post
unreal

here is a stupid question will any orders not fast pass make it through this year
Post 466 IP   flag post
funny cgc is getting back orders

And the other place that starts with a P and ends with a X gets orders back this year.

i am shocked cbcs has fallen this far behind during a recession
Post 467 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 should be soon. My Septembers have been in grading for a month.
Grading---Heat Seal---Grading...
Post 468 IP   flag post
i wanted to send into CBCS another 40 books but they are all going into CGC

cant have good money tied into a place that cant give me back goods to sell
Post 469 IP   flag post
Quote:
funny cgc is getting back orders

And the other place that starts with a P and ends with a X gets orders back this year.

i am shocked cbcs has fallen this far behind during a recession

CGC may be getting back modern orders faster than CBCS, but for pre-1975 it's the other way around. Perception is all about what you submit I guess.
Post 470 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
My second order (slab only for two and art label for one) dropped at Orlando Megacon (may 19-22) that should have had the official clock start on May 25th (wednesday after con) have just hit "received" status and is visible on the dashboard. One day short of 7 weeks (with one holiday in there). Quote:

The post before you indicated they're currently working on September as have several other posts from the previous couple of pages going back about a week in this thread. One person (at least) is still waiting for a June 2021 order with no press or anything. Seems 16 posts on the last two pages of this thread about a January submission is...pointless at best. It sucks they either gave you bad information or flat out lied when you submitted, but what additional information do you actually need at this point? All your questions have been answered.
Post 471 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@figment glad to see you are out from behind those bars... Was making it hard to look at you.. lol...
Freeeeeeeeeeeeee........
Post 472 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
My second order (slab only for two and art label for one) dropped at Orlando Megacon (may 19-22) that should have had the official clock start on May 25th (wednesday after con) have just hit "received" status and is visible on the dashboard. One day short of 7 weeks (with one holiday in there). Quote:

The post before you indicated they're currently working on September as have several other posts from the previous couple of pages going back about a week in this thread. One person (at least) is still waiting for a June 2021 order with no press or anything. Seems 16 posts on the last two pages of this thread about a January submission is...pointless at best. It sucks they either gave you bad information or flat out lied when you submitted, but what additional information do you actually need at this point? All your questions have been answered.

i only post up becuase cbcs refuses to ever update there webpage for any real information.
Post 473 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

i only post up becuase cbcs refuses to ever update there webpage for any real information.

This is the TAT thread.
Post 474 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65

Or to ask if they are grading moderns from this year yet.
Post 475 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So essentially you are trolling. And using the turnaround time as a means to avoid getting suspended. Hopefully admitting it will get someone's attention....
Post 476 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 i have received back 9 of 11 press submissions from June 2021 and a July and September grade only submission.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector d1al private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
"Vintage" (Pre-1975) Orders from September 2021

CBCS Expanded

1) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/15/22 (281 total days)
2) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/24/22 (290 total days)
3) Delivered 9/08/21, Entered 11/08/21, Grading 6/03/22, Labels 6/8/22, Complete 7/08/22 (303 total days)
4) Delivered 9/17/21, Entered 11/12/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/18/22, Complete 6/20/22 (276 total days)
5) Delivered 9/20/21, Entered 11/11/21, Grading 7/06/22

A little out of order, the last one should now be less than a month until completion. It is worth noting that submission size did have an effect, with larger submissions taking longer than smaller ones. Meanwhile, the ones at CGC are still just sitting there.

CGC Economy

1) Delivered 9/09/21, Entered 9/14/21
2) Delivered 9/24/21, Entered 10/21/21
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector d1al private msg quote post Address this user
this is truly shocking _ i did my first ever comic submission at a con in Early Dec 2021. They guy who took my order said you will get these back in about 20 weeks - dropped at Con on Dec 5th 2021 arrived Jan 17th 2022 STILL in PROCESSING! 176 days 25 weeks and counting. why have the books submitted back when TATs were shorter take longer now??
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1al
this is truly shocking _ i did my first ever comic submission at a con in Early Dec 2021. They guy who took my order said you will get these back in about 20 weeks - dropped at Con on Dec 5th 2021 arrived Jan 17th 2022 STILL in PROCESSING! 176 days 25 weeks and counting. why have the books submitted back when TATs were shorter take longer now??

That's been common for years at CBCS AND CGC. TATS are usually the shortest during the break in the convention season then rise as, then they drop. Submissions have been crazy high during the pandemic and throw in the supply chain issues and lock downs, you get stupid TATs. CGC seems to be addressing the problem while CBCS says they are but there are no real clear indicators. TATS hold or are going up and prices right along with them. CBCShad a huge opportunity to gain ground but, as has become SOP they squandered it and will likely start bleeding any but the most loyal fan boys.
Post 480 IP   flag post
601333 999 30