Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this email

Your order is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

Dash board shows in Heat Seal.
These are graded only moderns from September 12 received submission.
They are on the way....
Post 376 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
is CBCS grading moderns from this year yet ?
Post 377 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 it's possible they're almost done with all of December in the grading department. I know my July 2021 submission was out of the grading room a few months before it was slabbed and ready to be picked up. The bottleneck is perhaps due to a lack of staff or lack of supplies in the encapsulation department.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67

I seriously doubt it. Unless you used an express tier.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Just got this email

Your order is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

Dash board shows in Heat Seal.
They are on the way....

It is so weird how they do things.
Over a month ago, books showed they were in grading.
Last week they showed they were in heat seal and today, back in grading.
Next week they will be received lol....
Post 380 IP   flag post

Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
My next submission to CBCS will be a box of dog $hit because that's how their customer service is. Takes over 2 weeks for an email response. I asked for my comics back 2x stating they are past the stated TATs when I submitted them and its a breach of contract. Haven't recieved a response on if they'll send them back. I'm furious.
Post 381 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
My press/slab order from late June 2021 is showing in heat seal. No email but as long as I am seeing something, the light at the end of the tunnel gets a little brighter.
Post 382 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
My press/slab order from late June 2021 is showing in heat seal. No email but as long as I am seeing something, the light at the end of the tunnel gets a little brighter.

My order from June 2021 shows as Heat Seal as well. In light of the other issues with the cases on a large number of my books, I am more focused on my outstanding invoices worth of books still in production hopefully not having those issues, so I don't mind waiting a bit longer for them to be done right.
Post 383 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek

My order from June 2021 shows as Heat Seal as well. In light of the other issues with the cases on a large number of my books, I am more focused on my outstanding invoices worth of books still in production hopefully not having those issues, so I don't mind waiting a bit longer for them to be done right.

So that puts you guys at a full year already.
I'm right behind you with my Sept. 21' order.
CGC TAT are posted 81 days for modern and 227 days for economy.
I think those times are off. I have not seen anyone say they got their books back anywhere near 81 days.
Truthfully, I don't think anyone knows how long TAT's are at either company.
Post 384 IP   flag post
Collector PressMeComics private msg quote post Address this user
My books entered grading on May 16, 2022 per the email received. Dashboard still shows "Processing" along with my six other submissions. While I check periodically, I don't expect to see any of the books currently in grading to at least a year or possibly more from their submission which was Sept 2021. Like others, I was prepared to use CBCS over the other guys but I've stalled on sending more books until this gets resolved or unless it is worth an express tier. The other guys are quicker but I question their consistency on Grading. Just a rough time for comic grading.

The one thing I would like to see CBCS invest in is a better tracking system. This would likely elevate the bulk of the complaints that are not linked directly to TAT issues. But, if they are link my company, it would likely take up to a year to purchase (or have developed) and be implemented. Even then, I believe it would help make things more transparent with their customers and reduce workload being directed at their customer service.
Post 385 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
i will not send in another order to cbcs until i see them getting my jan 2022 orders done.

and cgc is much better turn around times i have books coming back from april shipping today moderns.

so in essence cgc is working on moderns from april right now while cbcs is still not working on new moderns from this year.

its bogus
Post 386 IP   flag post
if i would have sent those orders into cgc the cbcs orders i would have had them back to me already almost 40 comics.

i dont mind waiting but its just not right now.

i cant sell what i dont have

i dont mind waiting but not grading new moderns from this year is just not right.
Post 387 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
Got my books back today from mid Aug last year!
Post 388 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
I had a good experience with CBCS. Sent in 2 books for grade. Delivered to them last Thursday. They notified me last Friday. Graded yesterday and being shipped back today.
Post 389 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio_d
Got my books back today from mid Aug last year!

mid august

how is this possible they are not grading from this year
Post 390 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
I had a good experience with CBCS. Sent in 2 books for grade. Delivered to them last Thursday. They notified me last Friday. Graded yesterday and being shipped back today.

i am guessing this is the express tier ?

it seems to me cbcs has no regard for all the past regular modern orders submitted from last year and on.

cgc is grading orders from april and they are stuck in last summer
Post 391 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74

i am guessing this is the express tier ?

it seems to me cbcs has no regard for all the past regular modern orders submitted from last year and on.

cgc is grading orders from april and they are stuck in last summer
Post 392 IP   flag post
Yup. It was Vintage Ecpress plus I think
Post 393 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
My package was delivered yesterday and cbcs already sent me an email confirming that it was received. This is for a slowest tier order, new and modern comics.

The order on my dashboard has even updated to 9 comics. My original form included 10 but I crossed one off the invoice and didn't send it in. I'm impressed so far.
Post 394 IP   flag post
This way for Standard Tier Submissions

We can't find your books and have no idea when you will get them back. lol...
But seriously, they are in there.....somewhere....
We don't go in there very often, because everyone is taking the super express train....

Post 395 IP   flag post
Collector ftwjedi private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted 4 signed modern books to the CBCS booth the first week of November during Rhode Island Comic Con.
Books were "received" in January and "processing" shortly after. As of today, still in "processing" stage.
I submitted a couple of books to a CGC third party at the same show and got the books back in March.
I also just got a shipping notification from CGC of books signed at Wondercon, the first week of April of this year.
No doubt I'll be submitting everything to CGC for the time being
Post 396 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS has become an upscale grading service providing very quick, guaranteed turnaround. That has become their focus & their mantra.

To think that they are focused on grandfathered submissions from before becoming an upscale grading service is folly & will drive you crazy if you want to believe otherwise.
Post 397 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwjedi
Submitted 4 signed modern books to the CBCS booth the first week of November during Rhode Island Comic Con.
Books were "received" in January and "processing" shortly after. As of today, still in "processing" stage.
I submitted a couple of books to a CGC third party at the same show and got the books back in March.
I also just got a shipping notification from CGC of books signed at Wondercon, the first week of April of this year.

i am in shock cbcs has turned into this

i was all excited to send in orders in january and now i have egg on my face.

i understand wait times but not to be grading orders from this year before the new services rollout is a disgrace.

Will i even get my 40 comics back this year.
what makes me upet is this before there new rollout of tiers it was not like this.
once they rolled out there new stuff they tossed all the old orders in the garbage can
Post 398 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwjedi

cgc has to get all new orders
how can i submit a new order to CBCS when they have not worked on my first order from first week of january

and the other grading company whos name cant be mentioned gets orders back better.

i am in shock cbcs has turned into this
Post 399 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Will i even get my 40 comics back this year.

Don't hold your breath....
Post 400 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
Vote with your $$$. Saying roughly 17 weeks( I get it, it's not guaranteed, but they put the tat so you know what to expect) and taking 60 weeks or longer? That's not good no matter how you look at it. I'll be taking a big break from CBCS, as I'll never say never, but they earned a big delay from my business.
Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Some movement on my order to report. I don't think it gives any real baseline since it seems the TATs reported here are all over the map.

Submission contents: 4 Modern Standard service, no other services
4 Vintage Standard service, no other services

Order made: November 11, 2021
Order shipped: November 12, 2021
Order arrives at Canadian Hub (RIP): November 19, 2021
Order Arrives in Texas: February 1, 2022

Modern part of order entered grading June 29,2022. So, I would say I am a bit surprised based on the info here I really wasn't expecting anything moving on to grading until the late summer or fall.Not sure what is going to happen with shipping when this is all done what with no hub up here anymore. I will not pay them one cent more than I already have.
Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Today I received an email that an invoice has been graded and now getting ready to be slabbed. For those curious this invoice was books dropped at a convention back in the middle of June 2021. They were standard pressing and grading with VSP on most of them. The TAT at the time I believe was around six months for pressing/grading combined. At least this should give those who have been waiting on books from last year an idea where they are at in line.
Post 403 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
Today I received an email that an invoice has been graded and now getting ready to be slabbed. For those curious this invoice was books dropped at a convention back in the middle of June 2021. They were standard pressing and grading with VSP on most of them. The TAT at the time I believe was around six months for pressing/grading combined. At least this should give those who have been waiting on books from last year an idea where they are at in line.

No emails yet but hopefully that means my order is right there too.
Post 404 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
As yet another indication that the grading timelines need some work and process refinement, my Vintage order (not Vintage Express) from June 1 of this year is now Complete. (What... REALLY?!?)

Meanwhile, my Expanded order from September 21 of last year is still just Received.

Heavy Sigh! Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my books back, but sort of feel I should apologize for what certainly appears to be a massive cut in line.
Post 405 IP   flag post
597868 999 30