Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator will do! I'm excited to see what my Ultimate Fall Out 4 comes back as.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
@Mully55 I had gotten 3 consecutive CGC subs in the same time CBCS took to do 1. All normal modern subs, no pressing no fast passes. I did have to constantly complain to the CBCS rep and demand my books back to get my books back "faster".
Post 352 IP   flag post
Collector RonC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@RonC It’s not $15 extra anymore. They just raised the price to $60 per book for Express

It was less back then, but I would still (after 3/4 year) do $60 for 2 of these sketch covers.
Post 353 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I figured I'd add my 2 cents in here and maybe help someone out there. I had two submissions from mid August of last year break free from county jail today. They were submitted exactly one week apart.... Before I go on I'd like to say to everyone, DON'T BASE ANYTHING ON THE DASHBOARD.... Ok, so, the first order was "received" one month before the one submitted a week behind. The first order went into "grading" roughly 3 months before the second submission. Low and behold, they both went into encapsulation yesterday and both were shipped today.

PSA complete: make of it what you will.
Post 354 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Orders from September 2021

CBCS Expanded

1) Delivered 8/10/21, Entered 10/15/21, Grading 2/18/22, Labels 3/1/22, Complete 5/6/22 (268 total days)
2) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/15/22 (281 total days)
3) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/24/22 (290 total days)
4) Delivered 9/08/21, Entered 11/08/21, Grading 6/03/22, Labels 6/8/22
5) Delivered 9/17/21, Entered 11/12/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/18/22, Complete 6/20/22 (276 total days)
6) Delivered 9/20/21, Entered 11/11/21

A little out of order, we'll see how the rest of it goes. It is worth noting that submission size does seem to have an effect, with larger submissions taking longer than smaller ones.

CGC Economy

1) Delivered 9/09/21, Entered 9/14/21
2) Delivered 9/24/21, Entered 10/21/21
Post 355 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
When I filled in the submission form last week it indicated in red at the bottom that the estimated turnaround is 18 weeks. I find that hard to believe and I'm expecting the turnaround to be closer to double that (unless the turnaround time really is lower if you have a membership).

I can't imagine CBCS will get through submissions from October 2021 to mid-June 2022 in the next 17 weeks. That's almost 9 months of backlog but if their staff has doubled since September and no one resigns it may be possible. I also may be overestimating their workload. It's possible their submissions have reduced drastically since 2021 and it'll be easier to get ahead of things.
Post 356 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders I hope they can get books turned that fast. Still waiting on Sept. 21' books.
And a Feb. 22' batch and a June 22' batch. Going to get one ready for late July early August submission.
Wouldn't it be great to have all of them back this year.
Post 357 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
The dates listed below are the actual dates delivered to CBCS, NOT the Invoice date as the invoice date has NO bearing on the estimated TAT's. TAT's start 1-2 business days after delivery. None of my submissions has any Fast Pass nor Fast Presses.

Grade only submissions below UPDATED in Dashboard (Print Invoice hyperlink) 6/25:

Delivered to CBCS 9/20/21
#-----7374-MD - 8 comics - In Grading ?/??, Received The invoice was updated within the past month and only noticed today in random check. Could have been yesterday, or weeks ago. No email was sent.

Delivered to CBCS 2/24/22
#-----B5B6-MD - 14 comics - Received
Post 358 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
Waiting for my books showing "Send to Canada" I am told its about 8 weeks. I have NO IDEA when they sent them so i can not count the days. This is not huge EXCEPT>>> PORCH PIRATES <<< are bad and i dont know if they just drop them off or do i have to go get them in person?
>>>>>Is there any way to tell where they are IN THIS MOMENT as i have no trackin info >??

ORDER #>>>> 21-1848720 any help would be appreciated.
Post 359 IP   flag post
@Tyler Not sure how deliveries work in Canada.
Here I always get an email with a tracking number from Fed-Ex, so I can see when the books will arrive.
And I have people to watch the front door 24/7 so porch pirates are not a thing where I am.

But I understand that is a real concern in most places. You may be able to set it up to have the books held at the couriers site. Post office Fed Ex or whatever company is making the delivery to your location. Get some tracking info from CBCS and give that to the local courier and have them hold for pick up. That will eliminate porch pirates.
Post 360 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

Only problem is redirect needs a tracking number to initiate. If you have tracking number, in usa you can redirect to Walmart, dollar general, and Walgreens to name a few places....
Post 361 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Nearmint67

Only problem is redirect needs a tracking number to initiate. If you have tracking number, in usa you can redirect to Walmart, dollar general, and Walgreens to name a few places....

Are tracking numbers not available to Canada?
I don't know as I don't live there, but it seems to be they should have a tracking system in every country except maybe in the jungles of Cambodia???
Post 362 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
I think Fed Ex requires an adult signature. They may not just leave it at your door
Post 363 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

I dont live there either, but if someone did the Canada drop off location I don't know if they used fedex or other carrier. Also @Tyler mentioned not having tracking info. I'm assuming that means the number.

My only suggestion is to keep calling or emailing trying to get tracking number....

Edit

Actually I do have one thing to add. If you have not done so, create a free fedex account. If a package is sent to you, they will email you. Even if the shipper does not.
Post 364 IP   flag post
@Bronte @Nearmint67 when we submit through the Canada hub they ship with FedEx, and it does have tracking. They just never give you the info. And the books going back to Canada, sit in a truck until it's full before they send it back to Canada, that takes around 2 months. So basically you get the email they are done grading, then in 2-3 months they just show up. And if you want your books to be in your account and in the cbcs registry, you need to call and email a bunch of times to get that updated. It's a bad experience
Post 365 IP   flag post
@Rongro

I'm sorry it's such a pain in tbe butt gor our northern neighbors. But if they mail via FedEx, open the free account and it should give you warning books are incoming to your address. I believe this also works with UPS.
Post 366 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
You can re route packages with fed ex as well. If you can't be around to sign the drop location will handle it. Ive gotten a tracking number from fed ex before a CBCS email a few times....
Post 367 IP   flag post
If we shop directly to Dallas and don't use the Canada hub. It works just like it does for the USA customer, except for customs of course. I have a bronze account, it did nothing to benefit using the Canadian hub. When it ships from Dallas you get your tracking, when it ships from Oakville they do not email you your tracking. I don't know why, but it's just a horrible setup and not worth using, all it does is add 2 months to get to Dallas and 2 months on the way back from Dallas. It literally just shows up randomly a few months after grading with no tracking, even though it is a tracked service
Post 368 IP   flag post
@Rongro Try contacting Fed-Ex and see if they can provide more info and or hold the books for pick up. At least that way you can go pick them up when they get there instead of worrying about theft.
Post 369 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 the problem is you never know it's coming. You don't know until the put the card on your door. Cbcs never tells you when the label is made up like when it ships from Dallas, I have used both.
Post 370 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
@Nearmint67

I don't know as I don't live there, but it seems to be they should have a tracking system in every country except maybe in the jungles of Cambodia???

Trackin #'s are a thing here. It is CBCS that is not providing them to us...because>?

I hope signiture is required or there is gunna be a happy lil thief in my city soon unless i sit there 24/7 for a month, or 2, or 3>? 0o ...sigh
Post 371 IP   flag post
@Rongro @Tyler
Stay on CBCS for the tracking number.
And contact Fed-Ex. Tell them you want all of your deliveries to be "pick up" and they will receive your items and notify you when they have them available for you to pick up.
customerservice@cbcscomics.com
https://www.fedex.com/en-us/customer-support.html
Post 372 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Quote:
Quote:
@Nearmint67

Trackin #'s are a thing here. It is CBCS that is not providing them to us...because>?

I hope signiture is required or there is gunna be a happy lil thief in my city soon unless i sit there 24/7 for a month, or 2, or 3>? 0o ...sigh

They are shipped with required signature.
Post 373 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Quote:
Quote:
@Nearmint67

They are shipped with required signature.
THANK GOD LOL>>!!!!!
Post 374 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Well after my books going from Grading to HeatSeal, back to Grading, then to Shipping, they arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, they picked the one weekend I was out of town all year to ship my books. I know that's not anyone's fault but the timing was like the final cherry on this turd sundae of an experience.

FedEx is supposed to re-attempt delivery today so now I wait and see if the grades made it all worth it.
Post 375 IP   flag post
Just got this email

Your order is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

Dash board shows in Heat Seal.
These are graded only moderns from September 12 received submission.
They are on the way....
Post 376 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
is CBCS grading moderns from this year yet ?
Post 377 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 it's possible they're almost done with all of December in the grading department. I know my July 2021 submission was out of the grading room a few months before it was slabbed and ready to be picked up. The bottleneck is perhaps due to a lack of staff or lack of supplies in the encapsulation department.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Quote:

I seriously doubt it. Unless you used an express tier.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Quote:
Just got this email

Your order is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

Dash board shows in Heat Seal.
They are on the way....

It is so weird how they do things.
Over a month ago, books showed they were in grading.
Last week they showed they were in heat seal and today, back in grading.
Next week they will be received lol....
Post 380 IP   flag post
597876 999 30