Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
My status has changed to "shipping to Canada"...ANY idea how long that may take?...AND...will i ever get any trackin info>? ( nothing as of yet)>.AND>>> HOW COME i can not see my grades,even after openning the invoice>?

I would like to know what "shipping to Canada" really means now since they have apparently closed the Canadian office. Are they sending it directly to your residence? If so, did they charge you more for shipping?
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Comics submitted at Megacon orlando 2021(august 12-15 2021). They hit "received" status immediately as booth person filled out an online submission form, but in general considered to be submitted Wednesday after con

Official "received" date. 8/18/2021

Don't recall "grading" date, but I think it was February.

labels 3/16/2022,
heatseal somewhere around 5/20/2022.
"production area" e-mail 6/15/2022.
Shipped e-mail 6/17/2022; received 6/20/2022

Just short of 44 weeks.

Pressing submission submitted at same time is in pressing.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndrew
Alright, I'm not normally a chad or karem type. But it has now been a year since I dropped a load of cash at Summercon2021. I went by their booths to ask what the deal was and that I'd like to talk to human as I've emailed the customer service line an callws in.

He sad they were private contractors an ha trouble of getting ahold of a human and a bunch from Summercon2021 have not been returned. I pointed out the stuff I got a month later at Aftersummeroon 2021 came like 2 months ago. They said yes this a known issue, but could not put me in touch with a person to speak to.

Jason, there are others here who also are waiting on books that were dropped off at SummerCon 2021 so don't think you are the only one. Mine were standard pressing/grading, the dashboard has gone from Received to Pressing to Grading only to now show Received again. Also the guys at the booth this year are indeed private contractors, so what they told you is accurate and at the end of the day are collectors but they represent CBCS at the show and process books, package them to get their to Dallas, etc.
Post 303 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Orders from September 2021

CBCS Expanded

1) Delivered 8/10/21, Entered 10/15/21, Grading 2/18/22, Labels 3/1/22, Complete 5/6/22 (268 total days)
2) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/15/22 (281 total days)
3) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22
4) Delivered 9/08/21, Entered 11/08/21, Grading 6/03/22, Labels 6/8/22
5) Delivered 9/17/21, Entered 11/12/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/9/22, Complete 6/20/22 (276 total days)
6) Delivered 9/20/21, Entered 11/11/21

A little out of order, we'll see how the rest of it goes. It is worth noting that submission size does seem to have an effect, with larger submissions taking longer than smaller ones.

CGC Economy

1) Delivered 9/09/21, Entered 9/14/21
2) Delivered 9/24/21, Entered 10/21/21
Post 304 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Here are my current orders and some past orders

Almost a calendar year since 21-25581A7 left my house and it's been in ship to Canada for almost 5 weeks. For 21-4254B7A and 21-4257997 I wanted to do a test. I submitted a order directly to the US and one directly to Canada to see the difference between the two options, look at the received confirmation date. It shows the delay if you ship to Oakville.

So onward we wait.
Post 305 IP   flag post

Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
It is now 14 days from when CBCS says they were done with production and my items was ready to ship out and it still has not shipped out. If a simple thing like shipping can cause delays, no hope for the rest of my submissions. I want to thank CBCS because they have helped me make the choice of going to the competition at least they ship items when they are complete. I will be only using their services for express, because noting else is moving.
Post 306 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user

It's been in grading for 6 months, what does this mean? It was in heat seal yesterday now it's back in grading.
Post 307 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Rio_d - The email is confirmation that your submission grading has/had been completed (Could have completed that day, or it could have completed well before the email). As was just recently referenced earlier in this thread, submissions that are in the "Production" (Labels, Encapsulation, Heat Seal, QC, etc.) my see the invoice revert back to "Grading" occasionally. It has happened to me about 1/2 dozen times in the past couple of months. I suspect it is just a data entry anomaly for our external dashboard.
Post 308 IP   flag post
@Scifinator thank you. Will I get another email when it ships? I just want to make sure I can take the day off work, I know you have to sign for the package
Post 309 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just got the e-mail that one of my invoices dropped off at Little Giant Comic Show in August 2021 has been graded and is now being encapsulated.
Post 310 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Rio_d - You should get 2 emails, one saying it is in shipping, and one when it is shipped so you can track. I say should, because on a two occasions over the past 3 years, I actually received the box prior to the shipping notification. So 1% chance you do not receive the Shipped notification first. Cheers
Post 311 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Rio_d - You should get 2 emails, one saying it is in shipping, and one when it is shipped so you can track. I say should, because on a two occasions over the past 3 years, I actually received the box prior to the shipping notification. So 1% chance you do not receive the Shipped notification first. Cheers
I would like to get a trackin # for my Canada shipment
Post 312 IP   flag post
Just got my email saying that my order has moved to shipping! How long should I expect to wait before I get the tracking email? Is it going to stay in that status for weeks? Or is it quick at this point?
Post 313 IP   flag post
Collector RonC private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped my books off at Baltimore Comic Con in October 2021. I would have (no question) done them as Express if it were offered. $15 extra to save 210 days.... I would still change it right now if I could.
Post 314 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@RonC It’s not $15 extra anymore. They just raised the price to $60 per book for Express
Post 315 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 316 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed
Post 317 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonman454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
My status has changed to "shipping to Canada"...ANY idea how long that may take?...AND...will i ever get any trackin info>? ( nothing as of yet)>.AND>>> HOW COME i can not see my grades,even after openning the invoice>?

I would like to know what "shipping to Canada" really means now since they have apparently closed the Canadian office. Are they sending it directly to your residence? If so, did they charge you more for shipping?

never tracking info for the CBCS Canada return - notes only released after Helen does her job
My last order came back through Canada post (2 months ago) so no idea about return shipping with CBCS Canada anymore - I'm sure they'll send communication #soon - hahahahahaha

Who's Helen you say??
Mrs Waite is in charge of customer service, website updates, corporate communication and many other CBCS functions.

If you need something from CBCS...go to Helen Waite
Post 318 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio_d
Just got my email saying that my order has moved to shipping! How long should I expect to wait before I get the tracking email? Is it going to stay in that status for weeks? Or is it quick at this point?

@Rio_d - Congrats! When it goes to shipping, most of the time it’s about a day to a week. I have had several that are there for two to three weeks though.
Post 319 IP   flag post
@KatKomics - Ooof. Is Helen Waite Daimon Helstrom’s cousin?
Post 320 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio_d

@Rio_d - Congrats! When it goes to shipping, most of the time it’s about a day to a week. I have had several that are there for two to three weeks though.

we are on over week 2 on the items went to shipping with no response, and this is not a Canadian order. It took my books two months from a comic con to show up as received, and that was with me handing it to them. I will be using CGC this time around at comic con. more expensive but they have an actual customer service that calls you back and when they say it is getting shipped they actually ship it in 24 hours.
Post 321 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Not counting the reholders graded earlier the first of my August 2021 submissions is now ready for pickup.
Post 322 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@RonC It’s not $15 extra anymore. They just raised the price to $60 per book for Express

This was their plan all along. Make the Standard TATs so terrible, that people were willing to pay more for the Express service. Now they're probably getting bombarded with Express submissions and risking not being able to meet the guaranteed TATs, so they're raising prices to slow things down. Notice how quickly things change when it affects them and how nothing changes when it affects us?

And in typical CBCS fashion, they announce something and tell you to check the website for more details, but the pricing page doesn't reflect the new pricing. It's almost impressive how poorly they manage their own website. Nearly half the information on it, from the FAQ to the Dashboard, is inaccurate and out of date.

On a positive note, maybe the $60 price tag will stop people clogging up the works with stupid modern virgin variant chrome gold edition signed store exclusives that nobody cares about a month after release.
Post 323 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
I shipped every month starting last September for 5 months. Nothing but "Received" on Dashboard.

Almost 9 months and the first order hasn't entered Grading. WOW! no pressing, no signatures...just plain old grading.

I know, I know...... Welcome to the forum!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know what to expect.
Post 324 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
Notice how quickly things change when it affects them and how nothing changes when it affects us?

My post that meant to be a joke I realized could be interpreted as a political comment as stated.

I reworded it to be

"This is how nearly all businesses operate"...which isn't as funny...
Post 325 IP   flag post
Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Curious. Has anyone tried asking for there order back and refund of your money?
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector SlayerRick710 private msg quote post Address this user
So in good news My 1/2022 1x fast pass/VSP is in heatseal and 2x raw grade is in labels. From following all the tat threads. Could I see my books around my bday 7/10? If no I know they'll be here soon. I'm excited to see the grades 🤘👨🏼‍🦽🤘
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
Notice how quickly things change when it affects them and how nothing changes when it affects us?

My post that meant to be a joke I realized could be interpreted as a political comment as stated.

I reworded it to be

"This is how nearly all businesses operate"...which isn't as funny...

I must have missed your original reply. Of course every business does what it needs to do to survive, but you'd hope that in the process they'd be focused on keeping customers happy.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
@chefcomics I had 2 submissions and had the rep tell me month after month they were going to be next month, basically from january to May. I got sick of the runaround, and told them i want all my books back, 60 total. he said they didnt like to do that as they wont make any money on it. I argued of course them telling me 4 months and taking well over a year, I am not making anything either. So he had agreed to ship them all, then told me this time for real that the squeeky wheel had been greased. So i said ok.(feeling like a sucker) just get them done, and they were done and shipped 2 weeks later. So losing your shit a bit does help it along. I also am dealing with a bunch of smashed up books now. After 3 weeks i finally got a label to ship them the broken books.
Post 329 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I must have missed the message, but I see now that Modern/New Express went to $60?????
And pre-75 to $80????

Wow - that didn't take long.... lol

How'd that marketing push in april go again? - "We have heard the customer complaints and are happy to announce....."

oooooooooooooooook
Post 330 IP   flag post
600839 999 30