Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector Kasperb991 private msg quote post Address this user
@semperfi_ny if I understand your question it might be the screening option like hey if this booknisnt at least a 9.4 don't grade and slab it.. but I kinda need to know where you got the info from
Post 276 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@semperfi_ny if you got an email or something saying that your order's status is "pre-grade", it just means it's waiting through the TAT to be graded.
Post 277 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Orders from September 2021

CBCS Expanded

1) Delivered 8/10/21, Entered 10/15/21, Grading 2/18/22, Labels 3/1/22, Complete 5/6/22 (268 total days)
2) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/15/22 (281 total days)
3) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22
4) Delivered 9/08/21, Entered 11/08/21, Grading 6/03/22, Labels 6/8/22
5) Delivered 9/17/21, Entered 11/12/21, Grading 5/19/22
6) Delivered 9/20/21, Entered 11/11/21

A little out of order, we'll see how the rest of it goes. It is worth noting that submission size does seem to have an effect, with larger submissions taking longer than smaller ones.


CGC Economy

1) Delivered 9/09/21, Entered 9/14/21
2) Delivered 9/24/21, Entered 10/21/21
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
@Kasperb991 sorry I was super vague...I got an email response today from an email I sent 2 weeks ago. They said my order from 09/21 and 10/21 are in "pregrade". 2 orders, 5 comics each...economy. No rush, no press, just grade them and get them back to me.
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector Kasperb991 private msg quote post Address this user
@semperfi_ny yeah then basically it's jiat waiting to he graded from what u understand
Post 280 IP   flag post


I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
One thing CGC has going for them is that they have a near-zero delay post Grading. All of my CGC orders have been in my hands within two weeks of hitting G/E/I.

CBCS has a long way to go in this regard, but it does seem to slowly be getting better.
Post 281 IP   flag post
Collector Kasperb991 private msg quote post Address this user
@figment from my experience after grading to shipping it was like a 1 day process and I got a FedEx tracking number the same day it showed shipped on all my books

But I can't seem to get a 9.8 lol
Post 282 IP   flag post
Collector Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
So I live in Super Sunny & Flippin hot Florida. If I plant an orange tree, will I have eatable oranges before I get back my June 9th "received" submission? Wonder....


@Nearmint67 - No


I will take your word for it
Post 283 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
So I sent in a submission on 7/21/2021 and they gave me a note that they received it 9/24/2021 I still have not received my submission but they sent an e-mail that they are done and awaiting shipment 9 days ago WTF. I called and e-mailed to no avail. This is the absolute worst. The last time this happened they said I didn't pay but I did and they didn't notice. I have no issues like this with my CGC submissions.
Post 284 IP   flag post
Collector The_IronJedi private msg quote post Address this user
So I decided to send an inquiry to customer support regarding my order and this was the swift response:

Vissik (CBCSComics)

17 Jun 2022, 6:51 pm IST

Hello! It shows processing on your end sometimes when the system misinterprets us adding a step or note, the best way to get a detailed update is to reach out! That being said, at this point January is a realistic outlook for this order. I know that isn't appealing and is a massive increase on what you originally told but due to staffing issues and expansion we've fallen behind.


Oh well... Guess the 224 day TAT is accurate, even for submissions prior to the restructure. Would have been nice to know when I submitted though.
Post 285 IP   flag post
Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
I have an order dated September 12 2021. I called them asking about it. They said it will be at least 30 more days. For what ever reason the size of the order. (146) books may be the delay. We will see
Post 286 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_IronJedi
So I decided to send an inquiry to customer support regarding my order and this was the swift response:

Vissik (CBCSComics)

17 Jun 2022, 6:51 pm IST

Hello! It shows processing on your end sometimes when the system misinterprets us adding a step or note, the best way to get a detailed update is to reach out! That being said, at this point January is a realistic outlook for this order. I know that isn't appealing and is a massive increase on what you originally told but due to staffing issues and expansion we've fallen behind.


Oh well... Guess the 224 day TAT is accurate, even for submissions prior to the restructure. Would have been nice to know when I submitted though.


I would argue the "best way to get a detailed update" would be to fix the dashboard so it actually gives us accurate information! It's funny how the argument used to be that CS was so bad because they were diverting resources on processing books. Now they seem to be improving CS (at least in response time) but the source of what's likely most of their CS issues goes ignored. I'd rather CS went back to being terrible if they diverted resources to fixing the dashboard.

I wouldn't hold your breath on 224 days either. With their new way of doing business they have full discretion to change that to an even more absurd number at any time during the process in order to accommodate the Express tiers.
Post 287 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefcomics
I have an order dated September 12 2021. I called them asking about it. They said it will be at least 30 more days. For what ever reason the size of the order. (146) books may be the delay. We will see


The size of the order probably doesn't matter. They're just stretching it to the full 224 days.
Post 288 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
So I live in Super Sunny & Flippin hot Florida. If I plant an orange tree, will I have eatable oranges before I get back my June 9th "received" submission? Wonder....


@Nearmint67 - No


I will take your word for it


@Nearmint67 - I have spoken.
Post 289 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
My status has changed to "shipping to Canada"...ANY idea how long that may take?...AND...will i ever get any trackin info>? ( nothing as of yet)>.AND>>> HOW COME i can not see my grades,even after openning the invoice>?
Post 290 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
About 2 months to get them back once they change to "shipping to Canada". You will get tracking info about a week or less depending where you live before they arrive. Grades, well after my books arrived I had to message Jesse_O on the forums to get my grades to show up. Jesse_O's the bestest!
Post 291 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
@Tyler you won't get tracking, they will just show up in around 2 months, I never got any tracking. It's like xmas if you had no idea when xmas is. You will have to reach out to get them to put your grades in to your account. Because Canada is hard 😅
Post 292 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongro
@Tyler you won't get tracking, they will just show up in around 2 months, I never got any tracking. It's like xmas if you had no idea when xmas is. You will have to reach out to get them to put your grades in to your account. Because Canada is hard 😅




What about "charges" form fed-ex or who ever it is shipping them back to me. Shoul di ecpect any ?
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
About 2 months to get them back once they change to "shipping to Canada". You will get tracking info about a week or less depending where you live before they arrive. Grades, well after my books arrived I had to message Jesse_O on the forums to get my grades to show up. Jesse_O's the bestest!


I guess i will wait. I have an ASM #8 that i was a little curious about but...i can wait . It's been a year...a few more weeks...i got this
Post 294 IP   flag post
Collector JasonAndrew private msg quote post Address this user
Alright, I'm not normally a chad or karem type. But it has now been a year since I dropped a load of cash at Summercon2021. I went by their booths to ask what the deal was and that I'd like to talk to human as I've emailed the customer service line an callws in.

He sad they were private contractors an ha trouble of getting ahold of a human and a bunch from Summercon2021 have not been returned. I pointed out the stuff I got a month later at Aftersummeroon 2021 came like 2 months ago. They said yes this a known issue, but could not put me in touch with a person to speak to.

So, I showed them the stack of comics I was going to do and said nope CGC doesn't do me like this. I am telling all of my collector budies to not use CBC an will continue to do so until I speach to a human about this mess.

Jason Andrew
jasonbandrew@gmail.com
Post 295 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongro
@Tyler you won't get tracking, they will just show up in around 2 months, I never got any tracking. It's like xmas if you had no idea when xmas is. You will have to reach out to get them to put your grades in to your account. Because Canada is hard 😅




What about "charges" form fed-ex or who ever it is shipping them back to me. Shoul di ecpect any ?

No Fedex charges when shipping through the Canadian office. If you choose for your next submission to ship directly to CBCS in the US and cut 2 months off the wait time in each direction (4 months total) it will only cost you a Fedex fee of $20. Well worth it imo.
Post 296 IP   flag post
Collector FuneralBill5150 private msg quote post Address this user
It seems every week I get a new email from CBCS begging me to send in more books for grading.

Well, I sent 10 books, along with almost $800, and they got them on Nov. 5, 2021.

One of them was the 1st app. of Gor the God Butcher. Once that movie comes out in about 2 weeks, the book will hit its peak and die on the vine.

If the turnaround times they had listed on the site when I mailed them were not lies I would have had them back by now.

Instead I'm watching my books lose all value while they beg for more books.

F*%K THAT!! I'll give my books to CGC or one of the b-tier graders before I send another book to a company that continuously lies (and ignores) its loyal customers.

I mean, why even post TATs if they don't mean sh*t?

The funny thing is they took the $800 from my bank account RIGHT AWAY...so all I'm getting for my money is very expensive storage and diminished returns on my investments.

Thanks, for nothing, CBCS.
Post 297 IP   flag post
Collector FuneralBill5150 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndrew
Alright, I'm not normally a chad or karem type. But it has now been a year since I dropped a load of cash at Summercon2021. I went by their booths to ask what the deal was and that I'd like to talk to human as I've emailed the customer service line an callws in.

He sad they were private contractors an ha trouble of getting ahold of a human and a bunch from Summercon2021 have not been returned. I pointed out the stuff I got a month later at Aftersummeroon 2021 came like 2 months ago. They said yes this a known issue, but could not put me in touch with a person to speak to.

So, I showed them the stack of comics I was going to do and said nope CGC doesn't do me like this. I am telling all of my collector budies to not use CBC an will continue to do so until I speach to a human about this mess.

Jason Andrew
jasonbandrew@gmail.com


More proof that CBCS does NOT care about us...it's a money grab. #cbcsTATlies
Post 298 IP   flag post
Collector FuneralBill5150 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
One thing CGC has going for them is that they have a near-zero delay post Grading. All of my CGC orders have been in my hands within two weeks of hitting G/E/I.

CBCS has a long way to go in this regard, but it does seem to slowly be getting better.


Wasn't it guys from CGC who hated the problems at CGC that started this company? And now they're worse than CGC.

BTW, check your email, there are 5 more emails from CBCS begging you to send in more books for them to hold onto for 2 years.
Post 299 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuneralBill5150
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
One thing CGC has going for them is that they have a near-zero delay post Grading. All of my CGC orders have been in my hands within two weeks of hitting G/E/I.

CBCS has a long way to go in this regard, but it does seem to slowly be getting better.


Wasn't it guys from CGC who hated the problems at CGC that started this company? And now they're worse than CGC.

BTW, check your email, there are 5 more emails from CBCS begging you to send in more books for them to hold onto for 2 years.


You twist my words to suit your purpose in your anger. The very vintage books I was referring to, that took so long post grading, STILL came back to me faster than the books I sent to CGC at exactly the same time. In fact, the CGC books are still not in hand after 9.5 months.

And I'm sorry you didn't educate yourself to the fact that the way to avoid "the great loan" is to simply specify a minimum grade criteria that you will accept for each book such that they can't know what to charge you until the books actually reach grading. This "per book" service is one that CGC doesn't even provide.
Post 300 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
My status has changed to "shipping to Canada"...ANY idea how long that may take?...AND...will i ever get any trackin info>? ( nothing as of yet)>.AND>>> HOW COME i can not see my grades,even after openning the invoice>?


I would like to know what "shipping to Canada" really means now since they have apparently closed the Canadian office. Are they sending it directly to your residence? If so, did they charge you more for shipping?
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Comics submitted at Megacon orlando 2021(august 12-15 2021). They hit "received" status immediately as booth person filled out an online submission form, but in general considered to be submitted Wednesday after con

Official "received" date. 8/18/2021

Don't recall "grading" date, but I think it was February.

labels 3/16/2022,
heatseal somewhere around 5/20/2022.
"production area" e-mail 6/15/2022.
Shipped e-mail 6/17/2022; received 6/20/2022

Just short of 44 weeks.

Pressing submission submitted at same time is in pressing.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndrew
Alright, I'm not normally a chad or karem type. But it has now been a year since I dropped a load of cash at Summercon2021. I went by their booths to ask what the deal was and that I'd like to talk to human as I've emailed the customer service line an callws in.

He sad they were private contractors an ha trouble of getting ahold of a human and a bunch from Summercon2021 have not been returned. I pointed out the stuff I got a month later at Aftersummeroon 2021 came like 2 months ago. They said yes this a known issue, but could not put me in touch with a person to speak to.


Jason, there are others here who also are waiting on books that were dropped off at SummerCon 2021 so don't think you are the only one. Mine were standard pressing/grading, the dashboard has gone from Received to Pressing to Grading only to now show Received again. Also the guys at the booth this year are indeed private contractors, so what they told you is accurate and at the end of the day are collectors but they represent CBCS at the show and process books, package them to get their to Dallas, etc.
Post 303 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Orders from September 2021

CBCS Expanded

1) Delivered 8/10/21, Entered 10/15/21, Grading 2/18/22, Labels 3/1/22, Complete 5/6/22 (268 total days)
2) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22, Complete 6/15/22 (281 total days)
3) Delivered 9/07/21, Entered 11/04/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/4/22
4) Delivered 9/08/21, Entered 11/08/21, Grading 6/03/22, Labels 6/8/22
5) Delivered 9/17/21, Entered 11/12/21, Grading 5/19/22, Labels 6/9/22, Complete 6/20/22 (276 total days)
6) Delivered 9/20/21, Entered 11/11/21

A little out of order, we'll see how the rest of it goes. It is worth noting that submission size does seem to have an effect, with larger submissions taking longer than smaller ones.


CGC Economy

1) Delivered 9/09/21, Entered 9/14/21
2) Delivered 9/24/21, Entered 10/21/21
Post 304 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Here are my current orders and some past orders





Almost a calendar year since 21-25581A7 left my house and it's been in ship to Canada for almost 5 weeks. For 21-4254B7A and 21-4257997 I wanted to do a test. I submitted a order directly to the US and one directly to Canada to see the difference between the two options, look at the received confirmation date. It shows the delay if you ship to Oakville.

So onward we wait.
Post 305 IP   flag post
534324 999 30