Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Big news from MCS, CBCS & Borock17630

The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Steve Borock Joins MyComicShop as Senior Consignment Director
Arlington, Texas, May 17 2022

Steve Borock, Co-founder and Head Grader of comic book grading company CBCS, will end his employment with CBCS May 19 and has accepted a new role at MyComicShop as Senior Consignment Director.

Conan Saunders welcomes Steve: "We are very excited to have Steve join us! We count ourselves among the many fans and customers of CBCS's grading services, and have enjoyed seeing CBCS grow from the new kid on the block to one of the two foremost grading services for comics. Steve leads by example, and the integrity and focus on quality that he displayed at CBCS are just two of the reasons why we feel so fortunate to have him join our team. I'm sorry to be taking him away from CBCS, but I know that CBCS remains in very capable hands with West Stephan and his stellar grading team as well as their partners at Beckett."

Steve himself has this to say: "I am excited to start this next step in my career working alongside my friends Conan and Buddy Saunders and the rest of the very capable team at MyComicShop! The fanboy in me is overwhelmed by this opportunity! Not only will I be helping collectors and dealers get top dollar for their prized comic books, but I get to work with Buddy and Conan to grow the one-of-a-kind company they've built!"

Jeromy Murray, President and COO of Beckett Collectibles and CBCS, writes, "We are so proud of what Steve has built at CBCS. The business he has led is now well positioned for its next period of high growth in the expert hands of West Stephan, Daniel Ertle, Steve Ricketts, Paul Figura, and the entire comics grading team. All of us at CBCS and Beckett look forward to continuing to work with MyComicShop and with Steve in his new role and are excited to deepen the partnership in the coming years."

MyComicShop is the world's largest comic book retailer and a leading platform for comic book consignment sales.

CONTACT

Conan Saunders
President
conan@mycomicshop.com
512-808-7099

Steve Borock
Senior Consignment Director
sborock@mycomicshop.com
941-302-8364
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome News! Congratulations ! But you're leaving CBCS ?

Conan Saunders "...I'm sorry to be taking him away from CBCS, but I know that CBCS remains in very capable hands with West Stephan and his stellar grading team as well as their partners at Beckett."
Post 2 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats! but I’m also a little sad… was hoping to be the ones that sent in a “cool comics that hit my desk” one of these days
Post 4 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Smart move, congratulations!

Post 5 IP   flag post
I wanted you all to hear this from me 1st. I will be staying a fixture on the forums as I think of most of you as family after so many years.

You all are the best!!!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Gridwalker private msg quote post Address this user
You have, without a doubt, established a true benchmark in quality for the hobby.

Congratulations sir and good luck in this new endeavour!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations Steve
Post 8 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Bummer. You are the reason I was giving CBCS a try in the first place.

Well, a big part of the reason. Have to give CGC some credit for that too.

Anyway, congrats to you for continuing to do the things you want to do.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Steve,

Congratulations on the new job.

We will have a lot to talk about once you are on board.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely sad to see you leaving CBCS but huge congrats on the new endeavor!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector RonMob private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats Steve. We wish you well and success in your new endeavor!
Post 12 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats Steve, perhaps you will be able to address the grading mess they are creating ! Best hopes and wishes for you!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexView
Will you be leaving MCS in 5 years? 🤣

Why, you worried that you won't be able to follow me until I find a differnet position as they don't have a forum? You must love me so darn much!

Seriously, I plan on staying with MCS until I retire. Walking in the footsteps of a giant like Buddy Saunders is a dream job.

Will also be back on the convention foor, which is my real home.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Congrats Steve, perhaps you will be able to address the grading mess they are creating ! Best hopes and wishes for you!

Thanks!
Not sure what you are talking about though.....
Post 16 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@SBorock - Congratulations to you. Sorry to see you leave CBCS, but interested and excited to see you at MyComicShop/LoneStarConics.
Post 17 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
I wanted you all to hear this from me 1st. I will be staying a fixture on the forums as I think of most of you as family after so many years.

You all are the best!!!!!

Hey hippie, congrats, again. So excited for my friend.
I just want to say, it's been a challenge keeping a lid on this.
Yeehaw... Woohoo... Cutn'Loose...
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Terry_JSA private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats Steve!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
Happy for Steve personally!
This WILL BE A HUGE BLOW TO CBCS AND THE TAT’s for sure . He was the only thing keeping CBCS CREDIBLE and HONEST. Now in the hands of non hobbyists and quality control will worsen for sure as well. Sad to see you go Steve, you were a huge asset to Beckett and CBCS , it’s a shame they (CBCS) could not pay you what you deserved for all your hard work keeping CBCS SURVIVING and then thriving pre and post Covid !
SHAME ON BECKETT for being so cheap and not retaining you for a lifetime !

Good luck !
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector ShoddyShortBox private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock

Awesome! Is Este leaving though or will she be working with you?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfacecomics

Agreed, CBCS is done
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoddyShortBox
@sborock

Este (The Great) will still be there and working closely with me. Looking forward to working with this wonderful woman who is also a great friend.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoddyShortBox
@sborock

Este (The Great) will still be there and working closely with me. Looking ofrward to working with this wonderful woman who is also a great friend.

EXCELLENT! I AM SO RELIEVED! WHAT A TEAM! Lone Star will be unbeatable, geez
Post 24 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfacecomics
Happy for Steve personally!
This WILL BE A HUGE BLOW TO CBCS AND THE TAT’s for sure . He was the only thing keeping CBCS CREDIBLE and HONEST. Now in the hands of non hobbyists and quality control will worsen for sure as well. Sad to see you go Steve, you were a huge asset to Beckett and CBCS , it’s a shame they (CBCS) could not pay you what you deserved for all your hard work keeping CBCS SURVIVING and then thriving pre and post Covid !

Good luck !

Do you have a link to something detailing this? I didn't see it in the announcement.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations on the next adventure in your career, Steve!
Post 26 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Congratulations Steve! I must admit this makes me sad. This is a big blow to CBCS and I hope they can withstand it. CBCSs loss is MCS's gain.

All the best Steve!!!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I am very happy for youmy friend! I am sad to see you part ways with CBCS but I know you are deciding on what is best for you and as a friend I wholeheartedly look forward to speaking with you at your new position in MCS.
Post 28 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations, @sborock. Here's wishing you all the best.
Post 29 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexView
Will you be leaving MCS in 5 years? 🤣

Are you still creating new accounts to post on message boards you've been getting kicked off of for the past 23 years?
Post 30 IP   flag post
601311 149 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?