Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Regie Collects Does CBCS v CGC Price/Value Comparison17626

I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
This is interesting to watch

https://youtu.be/Kfp2TNtd4z0
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@MurrayC needs more data though...we all know there's a price difference due to market demand, but taking a single sale price is kinda useless. Need to go by numerous sale prices and find an average sale price per grade to really see an accurate difference.

Much harder to do with smaller volume books, but I'd think for like spawn 1 that data should be pretty easy to find..
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
I'd think for like spawn 1 that data should be pretty easy to find

It is. It's right there for the taking on GoCollect.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
while I don't doubt that single sales have differences there are massive problems with this 'analysis'
Time frame, sample size, bad samples, potential wrong method of analysis or survey used

to do it proper you need to take all sales say 5 years by quarter by company - average the sale price and compare those. Even then though are you using the mean, median or mode??
Choose something that is always sold.

100% there are also large differences from CGC to CGC 9.8 to 9.8 - depends on the bidders, the platform/grading house etc.

Flip a coin four times. Will you get the mythical 50%? Probably not, but maybe

In my own limited experience selling CBCS books I tend to get the going FMV as I use the BIN feature more than auction - my auction experiences vary from slightly lower to slightly more
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Sample size is way too small and there was no talk about what venue these books were sold through.

There probably is a slight sales skew in favour of CGC but I'm convinced it'll even out in a few years.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@GAC there seems to be more and more talk about cbcs since the cases were changed. People like them as much as or more than cgcs now. The only real complaint I hear are the labels being kind of plain and not visually attractive and customer service issues. As far as cgc, it's generally Newton rings and turnaround times.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Sample size is way too small

This.
It's both amusing and exasperating when someone who clearly has no idea how math works tries to reach a conclusion using data that requires math to analyse it properly in order to have the best chance at reaching that conclusion with any hope of accuracy.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@GAC there seems to be more and more talk about cbcs since the cases were changed. People like them as much as or more than cgcs now. The only real complaint I hear are the labels being kind of plain and not visually attractive and customer service issues. As far as cgc, it's generally Newton rings and turnaround times.

CGC also has this!!!!

9.8?? not anymore - that books is being accordioned inside the case!! looks at those lovely waves at the bottom!

Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
9.8?? not anymore - that books is being accordioned inside the case!! looks at those lovely waves at the bottom!

When encapsulating your book causes it to need a press. *sigh*
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd job security I suppose.
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Definitely more talk about CBCS. Their slabs are superior in every way to CGCs...or every other third party grader's. I seem to be in the minority when it comes to Labels, but I really like CBCSs labels....moreso than any others. I have a feeling CBCS will change them again though as they probably have to listen to the market. If they do change their labels they should try to make the new label the last change in a long while. Too many different looking labels out there is probably not desirable.....ofcourse their grading is best too. CBCS needs to keep on keepin' on!
Post 11 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Definitely more talk about CBCS. Their slabs are superior in every way to CGCs...or every other third party grader's. I seem to be in the minority when it comes to Labels, but I really like CBCSs labels....moreso than any others. I have a feeling CBCS will change them again though as they probably have to listen to the market. If they do change their labels they should try to make the new label the last change in a long while. Too many different looking labels out there is probably not desirable.....ofcourse their grading is best too. CBCS needs to keep on keepin' on!

I very much prefer the CBCS labels too. The perforation makes them look a bit cheap but if that's not showing, I prefer the more subtle look of theirs. If it is showing, oh well.
But the CGC label is loud, tacky and looks like price stickers with the big white box and that goofy hologram.
Sure, there are people who think it looks better, but I think a lot of people just want all their slabs to look the same. And with CGC being around much longer, everyone has CGC slabs.
I hope CBCS leaves them alone.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I really like CBCSs labels.

Twinsies.
I like the CBCS label, too. I understand the complaint people have that it doesn't stand out or 'pop' or whatever, and it's a bit boring (I can see that, I really can), but at the same time, we need to keep in mind what the entire grading process is all about. It's not about snazzy-looking labels, it's about the books that are being graded and then presented inside the capsules. CBCS has awesome capsules - the best, IMHO - and a label that says what it needs to say but does NOT draw attention away from the book. I think CGC labels look nice, too, and the grade really does stand out, but in a way, that's the problem. Yes, the grade is important, but it's not more important than the book itself. CGC labels are a grade with a book attached. CBCS labels are a book with a 3rd party grade.
Post 13 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t like how either label looks. Don’t find one significantly better than the other. Both companies are equally good alternatives (unlike “the rest”).

The analysis in this Youtube video was effectively useless.

Shocker.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I don't really differentiate between labels. But there are two labels that I find more attractive than the rest and they catch my eye whenever I see them. One is the sky blue-fade-to-white from CBCS and the other is the Purple restored label from CGC. I just really like the look of both of them when I see them:

Post 15 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
If there wasn't a negative connotation to the purple label I would love the color...

The guy who i bought my mustang from did random parts chrome and purple in the engine bay.
Post 16 IP   flag post
600902 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?