Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Only Slabs You Just Got Back #217617

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@HeinzDad Really nice copy! Congrats!
Gracias. It has to be the best presenting 7.5 I own. I was greedy hoping for an 8.0 but I was well aware of the issues.

It does present well, that's for sure. And really nice centering.
Post 801 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back from the VSP promo.

Post 802 IP   flag post
Here are the signatures on the inside of the Showcase book.

Post 803 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad That lab work tho. Congrats!
Post 804 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
Ssssssshhhhhhh….

Seriously though, I didn’t enjoy sitting on nails for two nights.
Post 805 IP   flag post

Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
Ssssssshhhhhhh….

Seriously though, I didn’t enjoy sitting on nails for two nights.

Lol I know what you mean, but not at that level. Amazing book!
Post 806 IP   flag post
Just unpacked these from the Gerry Conway signing...

Post 807 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
My GA drek...

Post 808 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
My first ever submission.
Just got these back from the VSP sale.

Post 809 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got the rest of my HeroesCon submissions back today.

This last one I feel like I should send back for a reholder. It's issue number eight, not number two. But it's a book that has only been sold via Kickstarter, so I'm not sure what the indicia says.
Post 810 IP   flag post
Collector Nate79 private msg quote post Address this user
Sure was great to see these put into proper CBCS slabs not too mention yellow labels too boot even if I had to loose half a point on the grade CGC had given the ASM#121

Just got these back from cbcs this week!
Post 811 IP   flag post

Post 812 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user

Picked this up at Comicpalooza in Houston and the CBCS booth was about 50 feet from the author's booth. I got it pressed hoping for a 9.8 and the defect I had seen is gone but still didn't get it. Pretty cool though because he wasn't displaying this Cover A copy but pulled it out from his personal collection (so they said) when I asked about it.
Post 813 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Fresh out of box. For most part very happy.

Wish tmnt was better but still looks nice
Post 814 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Witnessed at Niagara Falls Comic Con...my first 9.9!!!

Post 815 IP   flag post

Can't complain about these.
Post 816 IP   flag post
Oh man Dave Stevens. That boob is almost perched on the slide.
Post 817 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
the ultimate fallout has a label error (incorrectly listed as "Ultimate fallout" and not "Ultimate comics fallout" with a note that shouldn't be there reading "use ultimate comics fallout". it still mentions its facsmile. I could live with the mistake but Wade said if I choose to, drop it off by any means to them (mail or convention) they'll correct it free of charge

If he didn't offer to do so..would've kept as is as its minor and keeps the important details. but if free...might as well. will do it either in Feb at a mini con or in June for heroes con (likely do a submission with it either way)
Post 818 IP   flag post
Quote:
Oh man Dave Stevens. That boob is almost perched on the slide.

It's one of my favourite Stevens covers, and I picked it up before the recent explosion of interest in his work. Paid less than $4 for it raw. I love the expression on Bandit's face, and the hands are amazing.

I like pretty girls on comics, but Stevens' art is so much more than that. I got to talk at length with one of his personal friends who is a professional artist last year, and it's hard to overstate how much love other artists had and have for his technical ability.
Post 819 IP   flag post
Just got these ones back

Post 820 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
@Nate79 those are beautiful! I love me some Amazing Spider-Man.
Post 821 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user

I’m a big Shazam fan and here’s a few slabs I got back from batch I sent.
Post 822 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Got my two books from the Johnny Craig estate from FedEx yesterday.
Not high grade, but glad to be able to preserve the provenance.

Post 823 IP   flag post
@KCBatmanFan If you ever decide to let go of that Doorway to Nightmare, let me know.
Post 824 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
@KCBatmanFan If you ever decide to let go of that Doorway to Nightmare, let me know.
I already liked you and now I fear we are besty’s.

All joking aside, I like seeing this and I threw shame aside with this approach years ago. Shoot your shot and ultimately it’s a compliment!
Post 825 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
Just won this one in an auction. I don't collect many sigs but got it for quite a bit less than the standard is selling for.

Post 826 IP   flag post
Collector Firegoof19 private msg quote post Address this user

Zombie Paul Stanley Sketch Commission by Arthur Suydam at Phoenix Fan Fusion 2024
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
A couple years ago I saw a YouTuber, Lunch Money Comics, taking this book to shows to get all the creators signatures he could. I remember the book when it came out and I was thrilled to provide some assistance to the African famine. I took this book to HeroesCon and I was able to get 14 autographs; Jim Starlin (back cover), Al Milgrom, Carl Potts, Charles Vess, Chris Claremont, Howard Chaykin, Jim Shooter, Joe Rubenstein, John Romita Jr., John Workman, Mike Grell, Rick Parker, Steve Englehart and Steve Leialoha. I know several of the artist are no longer with us, but I plan on getting as many as I can. Thrilled with the 9.8. 🤞 Hope it stays that way.

I had all of these books signed at HeroesCon. I had the Heroes for Hope and this Captain Marvel pressed so it took a little while to get them back but they did a fantastic job cleaning and pressing them.

I was worried this one might not get a 9.8 after Georges Jeanty dropped the book while trying to sign it.

I'm a big Nightwing fan so I was thrilled this book got the 9.8.

Post 828 IP   flag post
Collector MisterMR private msg quote post Address this user
Some low-grade pre-code horror. I dropped these off with CBCS at SDCC on 7/27 and they arrived today. Not bad!

Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I got comics back from Claremont signing, trying to get as much signed by him as possible. I know comic legends can't do these signings forever.

Post 830 IP   flag post
615423 833 30