Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Only Slabs You Just Got Back #217617

Collector Firegoof19 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back from 3 different submissions. Less than enthused about the grade on Patient Number 9, but it did get handled by too many people at the Todd Mcfarlane signing at Phoenix Fan Fusion this year.

Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
When I got back from HeroesCon, these were waiting for me:

I sent two versions of this book in because Vernestra Rwoh was making her appearance in the Acolyte. Too bad the show is so bad! I guess CBCS decided not to get into the "1st" appearance debate.

The next two I got signed as part of Scott Snyder's Black Jacket. I wasn't expecting the grades to be that low but they definitely aren't 9.8's.

I bought this book months ago because it had Perez's autograph. I expected a 8.5 and I'm super happy it was. All I need now is Marv Wolfman to sign it.

Post 777 IP   flag post
Collector Wond3rWom4n private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back, but they were submitted at MegaCon 2022. The WW #750 Campbell’s are all double signed by both Campbell and Sabine Rich.

Post 778 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3rWom4n
Just got these back, but they were submitted at MegaCon 2022.

It took two years to get those back?
Post 779 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarak
Quote:
Just got these back, but they were submitted at MegaCon 2022.

It took two years to get those back?

Due to a myriad of health issues, it took me that long to pay the $2300 invoice.
Post 780 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Wond3rWom4n

Hope you are doing better now.
Post 781 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Wond3rWom4n

Hope you are doing better now.

Trying…thank you. Still facing another major spinal surgery, I also suffer from multiple sclerosis, Ehlers Danlos syndrome as well as a severe case of scoliosis. I’m managing as best as I can.
Post 782 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Wond3rWom4n

There is another wonder woman on the forums that had similar issues. If you are her, I'm glad to see you are well enough to post again.

If not, I hope that positive thoughts from members of the forum are of some benefit to a very difficult situation.
Post 783 IP   flag post
@Wond3rWom4n Understandable. Glad to hear you are doing better.

Quote:
Trying…thank you. Still facing another major spinal surgery, I also suffer from multiple sclerosis, Ehlers Danlos syndrome as well as a severe case of scoliosis. I’m managing as best as I can.

I hope all goes well in your next surgery and you can add to that great collection you posted from Megacon!
Post 784 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 785 IP   flag post

Post 786 IP   flag post

Post 787 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

5 business day turnaround time.
Post 788 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 789 IP   flag post
Collector Nate79 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 790 IP   flag post

Post 791 IP   flag post

Post 792 IP   flag post
Collector Firegoof19 private msg quote post Address this user

All back from CBCS this week from earlier signing except the Darth Maul cover I won in a mystery box on the 4th.
Post 793 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user
Got three in the mail today from Clan McDonald, my CBCS facilitators of choice.

First up, Daredevil #188 newsstand that I sent to CMC for a signing opportunity with Frank Miller at some convention (Klaus Janson was supposed to be at the same con, but cancelled, so they got his signature at C2E2)

Next, Stranger Things: Tales From Hawkins #3 that I got signed by Maya Hawke at C2E2 with a CMC witness standing by.

And finally, one that I unfortunately think is gonna have to be sent back due to an error in the classification of the edition of this issue. Spider-Man #91, Dusk variant cover (but labeled and in the census as a direct edition), signed by Howard Mackie, Scott Hanna, and John Romita Jr. at various events over the last year.

Post 794 IP   flag post
Collector mbarb private msg quote post Address this user
I just received 4 comic books back from CBCS yesterday. Happy with the grading. Love the new slabs. First up is a late Silver Age comic, ASM Annual #6, which was improved by Steve Ricketts and co-workers. Thanks!

From the Bronze Age, we have some Brunner goodness in the form of Doctor Strange #4.

A Todd McFarlane classic from the Copper Age, ASM #299, follows.

Finally, I obtained a nice encapsulated copy of Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary Special #1 from 2016, which I immediately gave to my granddaughter. This comic's Jim Lee cover is the perfect compliment to her DC Comics Funko Pop Wonder Woman vinyl figure (Jim Lee Deluxe Edition).

Post 795 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure I'll use the premium submission level anytime soon again but if you have a book you'd just assume have back in your possession its the way to go. This book was received last Monday, 7/8, and in shipping on Thursday, 7/11. Basically, the book was only there for 72 hours. Thanks CBCS.

Post 796 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Really nice copy, Brian! Congrats!
Post 797 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad killer book dude. Worthy of the premier to you I'm sure.
Post 798 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@HeinzDad Really nice copy! Congrats!
Gracias. It has to be the best presenting 7.5 I own. I was greedy hoping for an 8.0 but I was well aware of the issues.
Post 799 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
@HeinzDad killer book dude. Worthy of the premier to you I'm sure.
Certainly. The trade I pulled left plenty of meat on the bone for the tier's price point.
Post 800 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@HeinzDad Really nice copy! Congrats!
Gracias. It has to be the best presenting 7.5 I own. I was greedy hoping for an 8.0 but I was well aware of the issues.

It does present well, that's for sure. And really nice centering.
Post 801 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back from the VSP promo.

Post 802 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the signatures on the inside of the Showcase book.

Post 803 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad That lab work tho. Congrats!
Post 804 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
@HeinzDad That lab work tho. Congrats!
Ssssssshhhhhhh….

Seriously though, I didn’t enjoy sitting on nails for two nights.
Post 805 IP   flag post
615424 833 30