Collector Firegoof19 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 701 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Freshly back...love the new labels.

Witness Signature - Mike Tyson

Woooooooooooooo!

Witness Signature - Ric Flair
Post 702 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up Epic Illustrated #3 raw 8.0 via MCS back at the beginning of Nov. Was hoping to upgrade what was already in my collection. Had it go to team @SteveRicketts for press & clean. You can really see on the back side that cleaning was needed.

Before

Cudos to the CBCS Pressing team!!!

After

The unfortunate part of this is now my #'s 1-2 & 4-9 are not uniform with #3 since we don't have an option for a more legacy styled front label (sans with white grade background). I don't care about the Beckett * or the Beckett watermark on the back. Just give me an optional front or my future submissions will be dramatically curtailed and I will look to acquire holes or upgrades in the previous label in the after market. But, that is a rant for another thread.
Post 703 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 704 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I should slab some of my facsimile edition books πŸ‘
Post 705 IP   flag post

@ComicNinja0215 I only slabbed that one so I can complete my Hulk 1-6 run because I'll never get a real Hulk 1. lol!
Post 706 IP   flag post
@GAC I feel that was about a lot of books 🀣
Post 707 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
I should slab some of my facsimile edition books πŸ‘

I slabbed a foil Batman 181 facsimile as a joke, and it looked so good I am planning on doing it with other foil facsimile books as display pieces.
Post 708 IP   flag post
Collector Nedesco private msg quote post Address this user

Just delivered. Signed books from Junji Ito, Go Nagai, Toshio Maeda, and Sailor Moon creator Naoko Takeuchi.
Post 709 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up the first one about a month ago, and the other two earlier today. Flashback to the old Austin days.

Interesting Note: Hank the Hallucination (featured on the Eyebeam cover) actually won the election for Student Council President at the University of Texas in 1982. The defeated candidate, Paul Begala who was later an advisor to Bill Clinton and a CNN pundit, lamented...

"I cannot help but feel Hank’s platform is illusory at best, and I must say that the candidate himself lacks substance."

Post 710 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these back today from a November 2023 submission.

Low Grades but signed and there were not any others on the population report except for Tales of the Witchblade.

Triple Cover:

Gold Seal Edition

Gold Foil

Prismafoil cver

Post 711 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got back my comics signed by Doug Moench, I didn't think I'd get the chance to get something signed by him. And I got some comics out of the old CBCS riveted cases is a bonus.

Post 712 IP   flag post
Reholder arrived today.

Post 713 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
I received these books on January 12th. I sent them on 29 December. Fantastic turnaround.

I just received word that the books I had signed at Megacon are done and should be here next week. Another incredible turnaround.

My daughter loves Scooby-Doo and we have German Shepherds so...

I have several of these. They came in polybags. I guess I need to work harder on removing the crease from the bags. Foils are tough!

I submitted two sets of these. One was a 9.6. The other were 9.8's.

This came out of my collection from the 90's.

I'll post the Megacon books when they arrive.
Post 714 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedesco

Just delivered. Signed books from Junji Ito, Go Nagai, Toshio Maeda, and Sailor Moon creator Naoko Takeuchi.

@Nedesco Where did you get these signed?
Post 715 IP   flag post
Post 716 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarak

These are very striking books with the new CBCS labels....they look great!!
Post 717 IP   flag post
Collector mbarb private msg quote post Address this user
I just submitted these Copper/Modern comics on February 5 (officially received into the CBCS system on the 8th) and got them back on February 16. Couldn't be happier with the great turnaround time! Also, I really love the new CBCS labels!

First up, two Copper age beauties with Dave Stevens cover art:

Next, four prime examples of Adam Hughes cover goodness:

Post 718 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@mbarb Really nice books!
Post 719 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
havent submitted yet (will in june) but have decided on my next submission.

X-Force #2 (2nd appearance of Deadpool, Ill likely never have a New Mutants #98 so getting my xforce is good enough)
Ultimate Fallout #4 Facsmile (same reason as xforce 2)
Amazing spider-man #360 (first appearance of carnage in cameo)
Batman: The Adventures Cotinue #8 (nothing that special. christmas issue with a great cover. want to display it every december)
Post 720 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@mbarb Nice books. We appear to have similar tastes; I am still shopping for an Airboy #5. I need to send my Jonny Quest #5 in soon.

I am going to get my JSA Classified graded this summer, but I want to get Adam to sign it first.
Post 721 IP   flag post
Had a bunch of books signed at Megacon. Received them on the 23 February. Another fast turnaround.

Love this homage that Alan Quah did. The remark he put on the book was incredible.

I had a bunch of books signed by Tom King. I didn't know that he puts a #1 on the the first cover he signs. Great guy!

I saw Jim Shooter talking about this book on Bronze and Modern Gods youtube. I had to get it signed. Not the best condition but a great story behind it.

I bought this book before the cover was announced. Tom wrote "I'm Still Sorry" and he filled in Batman's face with silver ink.

One of my daughter's books.

I had this book and didn't bring it because it has some black falling off the back bindery corner. I looked through Szerdy's copies and thought I found a good one. Unfortunately it ended up with the same flaking on the back.

Another one of my daughter's books.

This one is also hers. Leirix has a great sig.

Love these foils by Artgerm:

This last book was a reholder from the old case with the clips.

Post 722 IP   flag post

The new labels are smoking!!!πŸ”₯ Good on the team for putting that together.

For whatever reason I feltni had to submit theese books together; even though they're not related in anyway. Disappointed on the number 9 but I still love it. On to the next one !
Post 723 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
These are not high grades, but I wanted the signatures verified.

Post 724 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 - Those are friggin awesome! Congrats!
Post 725 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not really an autograph collector but I had accumulated a few signed books over the years and I just got the last four of them back from being verified by CBCS.

The HOM #179 I got from a guy selling his personal collection in Baltimore in 2022. He didn't even realize that the book was signed until I pointed it out to him. He sold it to me for $50. I just couldn't pass that deal up.

The NM #86 I didn't even realize was signed when I bought it. I just bought it with a stack of other books.

The Bijou Funnies I bought on C-link. $70 shipped. Even though I don't really collect autographs, I just couldn't pass up the Harvey Kurtzman signature for that price even though most folks don't know who he is (was) these days.

The Sandman #8 is the editorial variant. I bought it a few years back as a green label CGC. It was only a green label because of the Neil Gaiman signature which I would prefer not to have but it doesn't really bother me.

Post 726 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@zdoes10 - Those are friggin awesome! Congrats!

@sportshort, TY.
Post 727 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Received these today. Bought these on the Bay 10-15 years ago for 5-6 bucks each. Did not get them Pressed. These are my first Mag slabs from either company.
I have one question, does anyone know of any company that sells boxes too hold Magazine slabs.

Post 728 IP   flag post
@Dalkiel E. Gerber makes them. Unfortunately they say CGC on them: Amazon Link

I also found these links: Casematix & Amazon
Post 729 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @Belarak I saw those. I'm gonna check at my LCS and see what they have. I don't plan on slabbing too many Mags.
Post 730 IP   flag post
614861 830 30