Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Only Slabs You Just Got Back #217617

Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
@makahuka I don't believe so, it fits inside of a regular sleeve and is a little smaller than the back board.

I am going to open it tomorrow and take photos of it. I was going to do it today, but ran out of time. I will post it here and let everyone look at it. I am new to getting books graded, so this will help me understand it for the future.
Post 626 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to recent CBCS in house signing, I was able to send in raw Star Wars 6 & 10 action figure figure variants for JTC autographs. My run of CBCS certified JTC signed original 12-Back Action Figure Variants is now complete. All JTC signed but there is still one problem for my OCD side…can you guess what that is?

hint, here is the old picture.

Post 627 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Thanks to recent CBCS in house signing, I was able to send in raw Star Wars 6 & 10 action figure figure variants for JTC autographs. My run of CBCS certified JTC signed original 12-Back Action Figure Variants is now complete. All JTC signed but there is still one problem for my OCD side…can you guess what that is?

I have issue 15 with the Snaggletooth cover signed. That's going in my next submission.
Post 628 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this today. John Romita!

Post 629 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
Just got this today.

Cool book. It looks great with that yellow label.
Post 630 IP   flag post

I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

which one do you like the best? The one on the top step?
Boba Fett
Post 631 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
got the grades. a little disappointed but eh.

booster gold #1 6.0
Infinite crisis #3 8.0
Infinite crisis #5 6.0
Transformers #8 8.5

grades not so great. but mycomicshop sells a raw Infinite crisis #3 and #5 that they also say same grade as I got for $30 each. booster gold 7.5 raw still is good. mine isnt a 7.5 but still. if they feel those are fair prices. Im cool with grades. doubt will ever sell and theyll look good. a lot of the notes look like pressing wouldve helped.

but basically paid 3.50 each for infinite crisis issues, $22 each to be graded. so $25.50 total, booster gold paid 50 cents years ago so $24.50 (even if I count fees/shipping. $150 divided by 5 $30 each Im fine.

but $3.50 each basically or 50 cents. grade is probably why I got them for so cheap

we are at the mercy of what they see.
Post 632 IP   flag post
Collector PressMeComics private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 Seems the grader has been harder on books lately. At least if the book grades in the 9’s you know it’s a nice book!
Post 633 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55

booster gold #1 6.0
Infinite crisis #3 8.0
Infinite crisis #5 6.0
Transformers #8 8.5

grades not so great. but mycomicshop sells a raw Infinite crisis #3 and #5 that they also say same grade as I got for $30 each. booster gold 7.5 raw still is good. mine isnt a 7.5 but still. if they feel those are fair prices. Im cool with grades. doubt will ever sell and theyll look good. a lot of the notes look like pressing wouldve helped.

but basically paid 3.50 each for infinite crisis issues, $22 each to be graded. so $25.50 total, booster gold paid 50 cents years ago so $24.50 (even if I count fees/shipping. $150 divided by 5 $30 each Im fine.

but $3.50 each basically or 50 cents. grade is probably why I got them for so cheap

You should bridge the gap between your infinite earths. I heard there’s a 9.6 for sale over at Heinz’s graded wall art thread.
Post 634 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55

booster gold #1 6.0
Infinite crisis #3 8.0
Infinite crisis #5 6.0
Transformers #8 8.5

You should bridge the gap between your infinite earths. I heard there’s a 9.6 for sale over at Heinz’s graded wall art thread.

I do have all issues in series (got them for $25 last year so probably reason grades were such. I’m not too upset at graded. Wish were better but basically paid $3.57 for issue and $22 to grade. If I sold for $50 still a good profit. Will still keep.

I grade for look and keep comics In condition as is. If I saw a 6.0 graded for around what I paid and wanted it. Would’ve bought it
Post 635 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
But do you have a graded copy of 4? That’d look sweet between 3 an 5.
Post 636 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
But do you have a graded copy of 4? That’d look sweet between 3 an 5.

No
Post 637 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:

which one do you like the best? The one on the top step?
Boba Fett

@drmccoy74 - the Boba Fett is by itself, as it was none as a 21-Back action figure and not part of the original 12-Backs. I have it because of the “Rocket Firing” aspect made the Boba Fett Action figure story special, and yes it woulfd also rank as my favorite behind the 32-Back Yoda. And then there are Klattu, Nikto, and Barada which were homage to The Day the Earth Stood Still. I do not have those 4 action figure variants, but i am still considering pucking them up.
Post 638 IP   flag post
i am disappointed in grades but not like I was planning on selling them. But in cases they will remain that grade. I checked even a 6.0 infinite crisis #5 6.0 sold for $57 and a raw 6.0 through mycomicshop is being sold for $30. So still would make money.

If I was buying a graded and saw a 6.0 for around what I paid for it total. Id buy it.

I might from now on ask opinions on grade here before submitting.

Im a collector. I will collect anything regardless of condition if its the right price as long as it looks good for most part. I am still happy I have the comics and graded. I didnt pay a lot for them. 50 cents+$24 to grade for booster gold #1 (6.0), $3.57 for Infinite crisis #3 (8.0) and same for Infinite Crisis #5 (6.0). Transformers #8 is the only one I am not disappointed (8.5) as many of you thought maybe 9.2-9.0 based on pics I provided. I believe paid $5 for one year

I was even going to consider eventually grading my Black Panther #1 (his first solo issue) which I believe might be a 4.0 and my New Mutants #87 (first cable) 2nd printing which also has a rough condition. If you have comics with rough condition but you want graded...still do especially if good condtion is too much.
Post 639 IP   flag post
Just received these at lunch today.

Post 640 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Received today. All signed by Roy Thomas long long ago (thus the VSP)
I kept printed pictures of the autograph that will go in the Mylar bag.

My pre-grade estimations:

Doctor Strange #169: My Pre-grade: 6.5, Actual: 7.0
Marvel Premiere #15: My Pre-grade: 9.2, Actual: 9.0
Avengers #55: My Pre-grade: 5.5 Actual: 5.5
Spider-Man #101: My Pre-grade: 7.5, Actual: 8.5

Excellent submission from an expectations standpoint. When you come within 1 grade of estimations and actually have a good one go a bit higher, there's a comfort level.

Post 641 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
One of my faves. And I got it at a great price.

Post 642 IP   flag post
@Instant_Subtitles Is this the issue that also has an error hologram as well?
Post 643 IP   flag post
Rehold:

People guesses 9.2-9.0 based on my pics so no surprise

Paid 50 cents in a bargain bin several years ago. So fine

Paid basically $3.57 each last year. Never checked them over but they still look nice

Post 644 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my first submission from this year's HeroesCon back. All books I had signed on the first day of the show.

Post 645 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_11B

Yup. It tends to be all blue or mostly blue.
Post 646 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Sent these out last year to get signed and then be graded. Just got them back last week. Not a key or anything, just a cover that I like.

Post 647 IP   flag post
Collector IraK private msg quote post Address this user

Post 648 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_11B

Yup. It tends to be all blue or mostly blue.

Thanks, I will need to look through mine and see if I have it now, lol.
Post 649 IP   flag post
Collector DPK419 private msg quote post Address this user
My most recent vintage submission.

Post 650 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this back recently. From 2022 SDCC. Kind of a crappy pic because the foil is way too reflective.
Grader notes says bottom edge damage front and back cover. Not sure where the damage happened.

Post 651 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got back all my sketch covers from HeroesCon.

Post 652 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 653 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Sent these in 6/12/23 and got them back on 7/24/23.

Nothing major, just some I like.

Post 654 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
Two of these were expected to be valued less than the cost of grading, but I am still happy to have them entombed. Bruce Campbell said the Sgt. Rock was the first one he had signed and it is currently the only 9.8 verified signature on a main cover......a one of a kind

The tiny bit of sadness comes with learning my Caliber Presents has some colour touch. I never noticed it and honestly didn't even think to check. Shining black light on it now I can't see anything, but I assume it is significantly harder to detect now that it is in a hard plastic case.

Anyway, this was a much better experience that my first time using CBCS.

Post 655 IP   flag post
615423 833 30