Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Only Slabs You Just Got Back #217617

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55
Nice books! The 9.8 on the Power Rangers is excellent!
Post 451 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@Byrdibyrd maybe get a foot massage while you are there for all the walking again...

That's a temptation. Possibly give the feet a soak in a lovely hot onsen...
Post 452 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@power_struggle55
Nice books! The 9.8 on the Power Rangers is excellent!

yeah even the 8.0. I can see the fold on back cover in a corner and another deduction is the digital code sticker removed. Im sure if those werent an issue would be a better grade. But still looks nice. see sellers selling 8.0s even not slabbed for a good ammount of money. so worth it. dont plan on selling but worth it still
Post 453 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
another deduction is the digital code sticker removed.

It's like the Marvel Value Stamp of today...
Post 454 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
another deduction is the digital code sticker removed.

It's like the Marvel Value Stamp of today...

at the time I got the issue grading never crossed my mind. it was a new issue when I got it. I do use the codes. if there was a way to use code without removing sticker I would. but depending grade its not a big deal. I believe deducts .2 and a mention
Post 455 IP   flag post

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 Happy Birthday....

Post 456 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not sure how I feel about these yet but what are ya gonna do?

Post 457 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

On the bright side the names look like they match the labels?
Post 458 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’m legitimately worried about that every time now.
Post 459 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
These arrived today. Super fast and everything is correct.

The letdown:

Post 460 IP   flag post
awesome covers. But best to edit and remove green lantern/green arrow image. drug reference is a no no here. at least that I can tell. you can mention the comic but not why
Post 461 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 Thanks! but I'm quite certain that cover isn't breaking any rules.
Post 462 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@power_struggle55 Thanks! but I'm quite certain that cover isn't breaking any rules.

That cover has been posted several times in the past, along with several other great covers that happen to show drugs. I think the rule applies more to forum members talking about using drugs. If showing these types of covers were banned there's a long list of other covers, including ones that commonly show hate symbols, that would be added to the list.

Also, it would be quite ironic if CBCS would slab the comic but not allow it to be posted on their forum.
Post 463 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

That cover has been posted several times in the past, along with several other great covers that happen to show drugs. I think the rule applies more to forum members talking about using drugs. If showing these types of covers were banned there's a long list of other covers, including ones that commonly show hate symbols, that would be added to the list.

Also, it would be quite ironic if CBCS would slab the comic but not allow it to be posted on their forum.

Yeah...I'm not concerned...this is a comic centric forum....the spirit of that rule is obviously about forum users not promoting illegal drug use.
Post 464 IP   flag post
ok. Ive posted that cover myself but before I was aware of rules. im still learning.
Post 465 IP   flag post
@power_struggle55 all good man!! 🍻 Happy to have you on the forum!!
Post 466 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
The three books I submitted at Wonder-Con 2022 arrived yesterday. They are exclusive metal covers of some aftershock books. The two We Live covers are connecting. Sorry for the glare. Metal covers are quite shiny. 🤓
Happy with the grades.

Post 467 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,
Sent these in 1-8-22 and got them back today.

Sent two copies of Madame Xanadu, both came back 9.4 .

Very surprised that Comic Reader graded so well! Was expecting it to hit around 8.0-9.0.
Post 468 IP   flag post
@Dalkiel
Nice books! Super-jealous of your Comic Reader!!
Post 469 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Thanks!
Yea, thought it would be fun to get that one graded.
Post 470 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back last week. I forgot that the yellow label book was signed on the inside. Got a call asking if I wanted to get it verified.

Sugar Pop as Taarna. Limited to 75.

Sugar Pop as He-man. Lenticular. Limited to 100.

Sad Girl Mortal Kombat cosplay. Lenticular. Limited to 100.

Sugar Pop Swordplay Lenticular. Limited to 100.

Post 471 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
These are the ones that stay in the collection, everything else goes to MCS.

Post 472 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
FEDEX Man just now.
The Good and the Bad IMHO. All autographs I personally obtained.

1. Zero Hour #0
Good: Spot on Grade, Sketch and Autograph from the creator of the 1st Green Lantern
Bad: Nada

2. Supreme #0
Good: Alan Moore signature - not a whole lot out there even if this book was solicited as such
Bad: Severe hit in grade because of "Wizard Sticker on Comic". Ummm... guys... it was solicited that way. In other words, it was in the Previews catalog. Really not happy with such a huge deduction.

3. Superman 411
Good: Signed by Julius Schwartz - the Stan Lee of DC. Not a whole lot out there. Julius' pic on cover.
Bad: None really. 0.2 lower than expectations.

4. Wolverine #1
Good: Signed by John Buscema & Al Williamson (2 comic legends). There's alot of Claremont sigs but none with these 2 big guys that I'm aware of.
Bad: I had this at 9.6/9.8 all day. 9.4 because of edge lines which are actually mfg. discoloration of the black color that appear to be edge lines. Not happy

5. Hulk #271
Good: signed by another big name especially for Hulk title. Sal Buscema rarely does conventions. And I had no idea it was a Mark Jewelers variant - surprise!
Bad: Nada. 0.2 lower than expectations

Post 473 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@Dalkiel Love that Madame Xanadu. Also, whenever I see an X-Men #4, I am reminded I dumped my X books too soon.
Post 474 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Got back my June submission of 25 books! Some nice surprises!

Post 475 IP   flag post
@Silversorrow
Nice stack of books! I the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. Sweet grade on that.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I got these back last week. I posted them in New to your collection but I figured I would post them here too being they are all CBCS slabs. These will all be up for sale at my next show.
Post 477 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up yesterday.

Post 478 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Here is one of my recent get backs from CBCS. I think I can safely say I’ve got the BEST Damn 6.5 Fantastic Four 55 in existence.

Exceptional White

Signees:

Notes:
spine stress & tiny corner & edge wear to cover breaks color front cover
small creases to cover breaks color front cover
small foxing spots back cover & interior cover
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Damn! What do the grader notes say? "Color breaks to spine and corners and break room was out of bagels so I'm in a bad mood?"
Post 480 IP   flag post
601360 755 30