Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Only Slabs You Just Got Back #217617

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Thomas8683
I had to get that puppy graded! Topps puts out some worthwhile books. As for this one, not only does it have a Kirby cover, but I love the error books and those double covers are faves of mine. I currently have seven doubles and one triple.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector Thomas8683 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Did Jack Kirby really do those covers? I have a full set of Satan Six and it say Jack Kirby on the front. I looked it up online but couldn’t find anything.
Post 377 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Here are a couple more that were recently completed

Post 378 IP   flag post
@Thomas8683
The Bombast for sure has a Kirby cover, and on Satan's Six #1 it looks like a Kirby cover with Todd McFarlane inks (!!! ). The cover also says there are a few pages of Kirby interior art, which is pretty cool. Looks like an unfinished Kirby project.
Post 379 IP   flag post
@Scifinator
Nice Topps X-Files! I have almost the complete series, but my #1 is a 2nd printing, and I think I may have an issue or two missing.
Post 380 IP   flag post

@Byrdibyrd How did you get a 9.8 Bombast? It seems like no one keeps Topps Comics nice. I would love to find the Mars Attack ones.
Post 381 IP   flag post
@Thomas8683
I lucked out. It was an eBay find, and it looked really nice in the pictures - seller took good photos. The price was right, so I grabbed it. I could see that it had two trading cards instead of one, which was what caught my eye in the first place. When I got it, I realised it was a double cover, too. I think the double cover is part of the reason it's in such good shape. The covers are like cardstock, so two stiff covers together in the bag may have kept things from bending. The outer cover is a 9.6 and I think it has a little ding on the upper right corner. The outer cover kept the inner cover pristine, and that's how it got the 9.8 overall.
Post 382 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my vintage submission back that arrived at CBCS a few days before Christmas. Two months for press and grade is amazing! Pretty happy with the grades too this time. Kinda shocked on the FF65 too as it is the first comic I have ever got back with the "Exceptional White" page quality designation! Also thank you soooo much @stevericketts for removing that name/address label for me on the FF108! You are the best!

Post 383 IP   flag post
@Silversorrow
WOW! Those are some really nice books. Jealous of that sweet ASM #78. My copy looks like a train rolled over it.
Post 384 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo - Look familiar?

Post 385 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
We'll show these in increasing grades but decreasing desirability!!

Post 386 IP   flag post
@KatKomics
That Moon Knight #1 newsstand in 9.8 is a nice book to have.
Post 387 IP   flag post
GUYS HUGE UPDATE I finally caught a break from the CBCS gods. They took pity on me.

My books are being shipped and I just got the grades.

My Daredevil 9 (first Echo) 9.4 Daredevil 10 (signed 2nd Echo) 8.0 Verified

That's not the crazy part. I bought a copy of ASM 252 two years ago at a show it was a PGX 6.5 for $75. I always thought it looked nicer. I sent it in a year ago to CBCS because the case cracked. I got the book cleaned and pressed. The book went from a 6.5 to a 7.5.

After my last couple of submissions ill take those grades all day and twice on Sunday.
Post 388 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@esaravo - Look familiar?

That was so long ago, it must be time for another trade or two!
Post 389 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

I just got this back. CBCS says it has a manufacturing error, but didn't say what the error is. Does anyone know?
Post 390 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 391 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Fads89 - It was manufactured without a top staple.
Post 392 IP   flag post
A couple of more that just got to MCS from CBCS. These are on the more rare side of X-Files print runs.

Post 393 IP   flag post
Crazy thing is, the sticker on the Season 1 Deep Throat Variant cover, it is on there as part of the actor Jeremy Hardin signing. But for the sticker, it would be a 9.8.
Post 394 IP   flag post
@Thomas8683
That is fantastic! And kudos on the grade bump for your ASM #252.
Post 395 IP   flag post
@Fads89
You've got me stumped on what the error could be. I checked the grader's notes - no details - and I also searched for other copies of the book with errors and I didn't find anything. I wonder if there's a way to contact the grader and ask them to elaborate?
Post 396 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@Fads89 Double cover? Arguably that would increase the value.
Post 397 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
What @esaravo said on the error.
Post 398 IP   flag post
Quote:
A couple of more that just got to MCS from CBCS. These are on the more rare side of X-Files print runs.

now you have me wondering...what version do I have???

I think my -1 is the 'B' version...so why wouldn't my -2 be the same....ohhh gawwddd....they're all in one box..but which box....probably one buried because I figured no X-Files were worth anything!!!
I even have a signed "ACE" edition that I mailed away for!

silly me back in the day - picked up 2 or 3 of issues 8 and 9 when I thought they might be errors because the title doesn't have the glow thing every issue before or after does!!

I think I even have 1 or 2 news stand versions of #1
Post 399 IP   flag post
@Katkomics those 90s newsstands are worth some money especially in higher grade. I would get those sent out.
Post 400 IP   flag post

One of the few remaining books from my childhood collection and one of the first comic books I ever bought.
Post 401 IP   flag post

Post 402 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8683
90s newsstands are worth some money especially in higher grade.

Yes, they are. Even newsstand keys from the 80's can be worth some serious coin.
Post 403 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8683
90s newsstands are worth some money especially in higher grade.

Yes, they are. Even newsstand keys from the 80's can be worth some serious coin.

- yep found them - sure enough 2 newsstand X-Files #1 and 1 direct version

oh well....back on the shelf or into a box - work/life is crazy right now - can't even think about putting books together to send off
Post 404 IP   flag post
Quote:
Here are a couple more that were recently completed

shouldn't this note it as a variant? cause there was a photo cover and a normal cover - I have both!
Post 405 IP   flag post
601333 755 30