Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Only Slabs You Just Got Back #217617

Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
still waiting. 13 months later. seeing more and more people who submitted after dec 2021 get theirs (with same speed)
To be fair I did get "Fast Press" otherwise I would still be waiting too.
Post 326 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
Quote:
still waiting. 13 months later. seeing more and more people who submitted after dec 2021 get theirs (with same speed)
To be fair I did get "Fast Press" otherwise I would still be waiting too.

yeah but there are those who did same thing I did. no press, no rush...get theirs. from suggestions contacted Jesse and sent another cbcs email. I just want some kind of update. even if a "we know where it is. we are super backed up. promise in the next month"...heck doubt they would but a "oh we totally forgot about it. yeah we found it. doing it now" or even a "yeah our bad. we lost it. we found a replacement issue and are doing a grade right now"
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector PressMeComics private msg quote post Address this user
@Silversorrow Those Grimm Fairy Tales are nice!
Post 328 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PressMeComics
@Silversorrow Those Grimm Fairy Tales are nice!

I have to agree. Those are nice and I am VERY jealous of your 9.9
Post 329 IP   flag post
Got some books back! Pretty satisfied, though there's one disappointment.

I knew this one was in rough shape, so the grade is no surprise, but until it was in that nice, shiny, crystal-clear slab I didn't really see the extent of that stain too well (it's much worse on the back). Yikes!

It's got a colour touch?! At least it wasn't amateur hour, but still!

Like the JQ above, I knew this book was really thrashed. I'm glad it's not a 1.8, because I thought that might be a possibility.

Pretty crunchy but compared to JQ and Strange Tales, I can't complain!

There are a couple more books in this lot, but they have some scuff marks/scrapes on the front of the slab and I'll be sending them back to get fixed... someday... when CS gets back to me....
Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

Some interesting books. Eclectic collection.
Post 331 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:

Some interesting books. Eclectic collection.

It was a bunch of low- to mid-grade keys that I wanted to protect, so I sent them in on the slow boat to China and dang, was that boat ever slow! The only high-grade book was a Shazam! #1 that came back a 9.4 (I was hoping for 9.2 so I'll take it), but that was one of the two that has a couple of scrapes/scuffs on the front of the slab, along with a low-grade Gold Key Space Ghost. Those will go back to get fixed.
Post 332 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd, I love all of the books, my favorite of your set is Jonny Quest. I am currently looking ofr a low to midgrade marvel feature 1. for the right price...(lol) I probably can't afford it anyway. But one can dream.
Post 333 IP   flag post
@sportshort
If I decide to sell, I'll keep you in mind.
Post 334 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@Byrdibyrd, I love all of the books, my favorite of your set is Jonny Quest. I am currently looking ofr a low to midgrade marvel feature 1. for the right price...(lol) I probably can't afford it anyway. But one can dream.

I agree, Jonny Quest was my favorite one you posted closely followed by Ghost Rider. Nothing wrong with the others mind you, I'm just partial to JQ and GR.
Post 335 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd - on the scuff marks, if you cannot feel/hear any indentations when scraping your nail across the mark, you may find that a little WD-40 and a soft cloth quickly work wonders.
Post 336 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Byrdibyrd - on the scuff marks, if you cannot feel/hear any indentations when scraping your nail across the mark, you may find that a little WD-40 and a soft cloth quickly work wonders.

Sweet! These, however, feel different. It looks like a shallow scrape that has taken off the clear finish from the surface of the slab. I have several slabs with the same defect, not just these two. They're really small and if they weren't on the front of the slab, I'd probably let it go.
Post 337 IP   flag post
Collector Gridwalker private msg quote post Address this user
Two submissions I got back; one this week, the other a while back but didn't post.

Do not judge me on the Wetworks #1, I waited so long for that comic I want to make sure it stays in perfect shape, lol!

Post 338 IP   flag post
@Gridwalker
Those are some nice books!
Post 339 IP   flag post
Collector Gridwalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Gridwalker
Those are some nice books!

Much thanks! Very happy with the grades also!
Post 340 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's some pics of the books I got back that were received by CBCS exactly one year ago. Just kidding. They haven't come back yet. Who knows when they will come back.
Post 341 IP   flag post
Got these back yesterday!

Post 342 IP   flag post
@PressMeComics
Really nice Red Sonjas! Those 9.8 books are gorgeous.
Post 343 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got back my submission from 11 months ago. I had purchased a collection several years ago and had quite a few GL 50 and X-Men Alpha 1. Thought I would send them in since they were almost all perfect. Intent is to sell them.

Had one Newsstand. Was hoping for a 9.8 but oh well.

Also decided to throw in my $5 antique store find. Graded pretty much where I thought it would.

Post 344 IP   flag post
@Puckster
All nice books, but what a great cover on that Wonder Woman!
Post 345 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
So after getting in my 11 month wait submission in, I got in my December Pressing Discount submission just a few days later.

I was really hoping for a 9.8 on this but I'm still happy. There was a tiny rub on the back that broke color that I missed.

This actually turned out decent. There were quite a few tiny little dings on the spine that pressed out but there were some issues that just couldn't be. Plus an ultra tiny tear on one of the edges that I can't see anymore and honestly can't remember where it's at. This was mine off the rack when it came out.

This one is exactly where I hoped it would be after a press. It was kind of rough and they did a good job. Just too many spine, edge, and creasing issues, though. I'm still happy with it. Picked this up at a LCS in the mid 80's for a dollar or two.

Finally, this one I'm absolutely ecstatic about. I figured there was no way I was getting higher than a 9.0. There are a few color breaking issues on the cover which are almost impossible not to find. I got this in the early days of eBay when I picked up the entire run for about $30. I thought I was getting a 1st print when I ordered it but I still love it.

Post 346 IP   flag post
@Puckster
Those pressed out great! Very jealous of your Crow #1. Very pretty copy.
Post 347 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I managed to get books back from three different signings the same week, was a fun week!

Signed by Jim Steranko

Signed by Ed Hannigan

Signed by Ed Hannigan

Added Kevin Knowlan to Joe Quesada Signature
Post 348 IP   flag post
@enaz13
Nice books! I'd forgotten Ed Hannigan did that What If cover.
Post 349 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
this week I can finally post mine here (submission is coming thursday)
Post 350 IP   flag post
Quote:
this week I can finally post mine here (submission is coming thursday)

I definitely want to see it!
Post 351 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Dance!!! You'll have to allow me a bit of vanity for my next post, pickup is tomorrow!!
Post 352 IP   flag post
So I ain't saying... I'm just saying!

HAPPY DANCE!!!

Post 353 IP   flag post
These too, but they're not quite as exciting.

Post 354 IP   flag post
@figment
Those are so awesome!!!
Post 355 IP   flag post
600858 752 30