Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Only Slabs You Just Got Back #217617

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo - Your binding looks amazing from the front. Nice!
Post 226 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator
Those books are... Fantastic!!
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got my Gerry Conway signing back. Only downside is that it was a CBCS 9.2 when I sent it (in the CBCS case) and a 9.0 when it came back. Still happy to have it back and signed though.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up as a raw 4.5 from MCS. Looked like there was some press-able wrinkles, writing transfer imprints, and could also use some dry-cleaning. Sent in to @SteveRicketts and team at CBCS. And they had the gaul and audacity to send this back...

. Obviously I am pleased with the results. NFS part of my 1st 38 Silver Surfer run.
Post 229 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Freshly picked up...

Post 230 IP   flag post

I bought this one for my younger sister (a Raggedy Ann fanatic) back in the day. She gave it back when she moved to the jungle in Central America because 90% humidity is decidedly not friendly to old paper.

Post 231 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
@figment Love those Peanuts. I was a big Snoopy fan growing up. Never seen those books before. Thanks for sharing!!
Post 232 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
That is a great cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Picked up as a raw 4.5 from MCS. Looked like there was some press-able wrinkles, writing transfer imprints, and could also use some dry-cleaning. Sent in to @SteveRicketts and team at CBCS. And they had the gaul and audacity to send this back...
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector PressMeComics private msg quote post Address this user
@figment those Peanuts are amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Post 234 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got these back. Nothing too exciting, just some covers I wanted to display. No pressing. Took 307 calendar days to get back. Fun to get back and I really do love the CBCS case.

Post 235 IP   flag post
From my recent completed submissions, there was this piece. Will go great next the the Yoon Virgin Variant.

I really do cringe and avoid multiple variant covers, but just like the Yoon Variant, this cover sang to me.
Post 236 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
Back in January I submitted these VSP books with 5 standard grading books. I just got these back and the standard books aren't even in grading yet. Strange!

Loved this series!

I went to Pensacola in 2021 when Cons started again and had Sam de la Rosa sign this.

I was thrilled to see this got a 9.8!

Post 237 IP   flag post
@Belarak
Nice books, and those are great sketch covers on the Shi no Kage!
Post 238 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Belarak Nice books, love those Wonder Woman covers!
Post 239 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
So I tried out the muy rapido tier and I gotta say, they made it in time! Three of the labels are in the wrong book but hey, batting 500 is great! My last submission had 4 cracked slabs I just let go because I didn’t want to deal with customer service. Now I’m forced to deal with them because of quality control. I skipped my own submissions and many others for these results, and paid over double, keep that in mind. But hey, the cases are so much better than others.....

Post 240 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad That simultaneously rocks and blows!!
Post 241 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@HeinzDad That simultaneously rocks and blows!!

I don't think I can say it any better.
Post 242 IP   flag post
I would have gladly waited past the two weeks for someone to spend an extra 10 minutes reading the labels. I suppose I should also stop sending others books in because it’s never mine screwed up. I’ll post the 3 sweet books later after my blood pressure lowers and I’m more “mild”, if you will.....
Post 243 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad I'd say they didn't meet the 2 week guarantee and your order plus the return shipping costs to fix the slabs should be free. You might as well return the cracked slabs as well. With your mentality to not even bother with the hassle, I hope you won't use CBCS unless it's absolutely necessary for signatures. Sounds like they don't deserve your business.
Post 244 IP   flag post
I’m not special @fladers, I get that, but Its not just me.... I like your thinking though. I’ll just send them back and pay for it to get them out of here. The two weeks was certainly not met though.
Post 245 IP   flag post

Post 246 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarak
Back in January I submitted these VSP books with 5 standard grading books. I just got these back and the standard books aren't even in grading yet. Strange!

I call it "signature speed", and it seems to be a very real thing based on our own experience over several orders. Can't find it documented anywhere though so who knows.
Post 247 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad
Those Hellblazers are so nice!! Wow!
Post 248 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
Got comics back from Bob Layton signing.

Post 249 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
So I tried out the muy rapido tier and I gotta say, they made it in time! Three of the labels are in the wrong book but hey, batting 500 is great! My last submission had 4 cracked slabs I just let go because I didn’t want to deal with customer service. Now I’m forced to deal with them because of quality control. I skipped my own submissions and many others for these results, and paid over double, keep that in mind. But hey, the cases are so much better than others.....

Not even sure how that happens. I can possibly see the two Preacher books being confused but not the Howard the Duck. Been a long time since I went to work drunk.
Post 250 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Been a long time since I went to work drunk.

Ouch! LOL!
Post 251 IP   flag post
@StudleyDudley, I had a hard time not being a total dick in my posts or the contact I made today but it was hard. This is what I got from their cou de gra tier. It baffles me because one doesn’t really even have to be able to read. I could match hieroglyphics to the same hieroglyphics.
Post 252 IP   flag post
Got some label corrections back....

Post 253 IP   flag post
Soooooo, I wasn't sure if I'd mention anything of these labels since I got them back so fast. I paid shipping to get them the hell out, but wasn't charged for re holder and return shipping. I still got them graded and back in like 34-6 days or so, once all was said and done. I figured I'd just leave it at that even though I wondered about the 14 day TAT.

Long story short, I checked my card and I was refunded.
Post 254 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad
That's interesting to hear! I wondered how that might work. Those books are sweet, too!
Post 255 IP   flag post
598060 732 30