Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Only Slabs You Just Got Back #217617

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This forum deserves a dedicated thread to CBCS only slabs. Post the books you just got back from grading or purchased in the marketplace.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Pauls314 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post

Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
Some of the books that came in this morning
Post 6 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Modern #55 and #56 now listed at MCS. The Modern #53 (first Torchy in title) is pending and should be up tomorrow.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls314

I'm curious what the grader's notes say on this one. Especially since it has a checkmark.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
In Honor (or should I say Honour) of @GAC creating this Amazing, Fantastic, Spectacular, eXcellent...thread, my contribution is something printed in Canada, a little more SciFi'ish, and OGE ...

Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator lol!! Nice!! šŸ»!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Ryan4421 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
Quote:

I'm curious what the grader's notes say on this one. Especially since it has a checkmark.
Post 13 IP   flag post
signature(s) verified by BAS
small spine stress & wear front & back cover some breaks color
light indents lines & scratches front & back cover some breaks color
tiny crease top right corner front cover breaks color

Upon close inspection I can see the indent lines, light scratches and the spine wear, but my eyes are not good enough to pick up the small crease on the top right.
Given that this book has sat in my longbox since I bought it off the rack and had Jurgens sign it in the early ā€˜90ā€™s, Iā€™m happy to get the 7.0 and the signature verification!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Sweet punisher cover. Iā€™m jealous.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briten
@Byrdibyrd Sweet punisher cover. Iā€™m jealous.

Believe it or not, that book was another one of my 'grab bag' scores. I was thrilled to get it. Great cover and a nice, clean signature from Mike Zeck.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd I had mike Zeck sign a bunch of my stuff back in 2018 including captain America 321. The sig you have on your punisher book looks nearly identical.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Briten He has such a nice, classy signature. His is one of the signatures that I think can enhance the look of the book. Mike Zeck & Jim Steranko, too.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I have the virgin variant of the Shi Fan Appreciation variant. What a beautiful cover!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived moments ago. Graded as expected.

6 month turnaround.

Quickstream with ā€œFast Passā€. Press screen & Fast Pass Press.

This will eventually go up for sale along with my CGC 4.5 so I can upgrade to one nicer copy.

Post 20 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
You win some, you lose some.

A little while ago, FedEx returned the 5 books that I submitted to CBCS at Wicked Con on April 9th. I am very disappointed in myself for being oblivious to obvious color touch on one of the books, and also disappointed that a book that I bought from an online dealer last year came back as trimmed. I am very satisfied with the turnaround time and the stated grades. I had these books pressed before they were submitted for grading, which greatly helps your TAT.

First, here's Avengers #48. I thought it was a 7.0 before pressing and hoped for a modest 0.5 to 1.0 grade boost. Looks like in this case, the press didn't do much.

Second, here's my Iron Man #1. I had wanted to own one forever, and about two years ago I made a trade on the forum for this copy, giving up two higher grade SA X-Men, a Black Lightning #1, and a Newsstand Edition of Moon Knight #1. All books involved were raw copies. I thought this book was about a 5.0 before the press, and based on the grade (and/or my poor grading skills), the press made a big difference. Unfortunately, although I read the story and counted the pages, I failed to notice the minor color touch on the cover (that now clearly stands out every time I look at it).

Here's my biggest win. I thought this book was in the 5.0-6.0 range before pressing. Another case where the press seems to have made a difference.

I bought this book from an online dealer with the above book (yes, they are both UK editions). I knew it had a tiny piece of tape inside the cover along the spine. I didn't realize it had a trimmed cover. I thought it would grade in the 3.0-4.0 range, so I at least got that right.

Lastly, here's my second copy of X-Men #9. I thought this was in the 5.0-6.0 range, and was right again. I already have a 5.5 copy, so one of them is available for trade.

I guess it's time to submit another order, and hope that I do a better job identifying any issues before hand.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@esaravo Those are some nice books, regardless of a few issues. I've sent in books that wound up with a minor colour touch, too, and it galls. Sorry about the trimming! Both those Hulks are gorgeous books, though, and I love the UK cover prices.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Just got a few back myself:

Post 23 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I guess it's time to submit another order, and hope that I do a better job identifying any issues before hand.

@esaravo wouldn't you have had those books graded anyway even if you had identified the issues?
Post 24 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

@esaravo wouldn't you have had those books graded anyway even if you had identified the issues?

If I had identified the issues when I received them, I would have asked for a refund, exchange, or lower price for them. I did send an email today to the dealer that I purchased the Hulks from with a photo of the slabbed #6. According to his website, he has a no restoration policy. We shall see.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If I had identified the issues when I received them, I would have asked for a refund, exchange, or lower price for them.

I can totally relate Ed...this is precisely the reason why I only buy CGC/CBCS slabbed books.....sucks when this happens.
Post 26 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If I had identified the issues when I received them, I would have asked for a refund, exchange, or lower price for them. I did send an email today to the dealer that I purchased the Hulks from with a photo of the slabbed #6. According to his website, he has a no restoration policy. We shall see.

Hopefully the forum member was unaware of the restoration (possible if you didnā€™t notice either).
Post 27 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd That Action 340 is another one of those books that I've picked up multiple copies of over the years. I think my highest grade is also a 7.5 but mid-grades were pretty easy to find for $40-$60. Parasite seems like one of those under-utilized versatile villains who could pop in multiple uses. Maybe not a huge upside, but very little downside at current prices.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd That Action 340 is another one of those books that I've picked up multiple copies of over the years. I think my highest grade is also a 7.5 but mid-grades were pretty easy to find for $40-$60. Parasite seems like one of those under-utilized versatile villains who could pop in multiple uses. Maybe not a huge upside, but very little downside at current prices.

This is my only copy, and I got it ages ago. Picked it up because it was a minor key and in pretty good shape. I was figuring it'd get around a 7.0 and I was right (that doesn't always happen...). Nice if it got an 8.0 but all four corners are a little too blunted for that to happen.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Sent in 12 books on May 3, 5 of mine and 7 for my son. Got them back on May 18...the express options are great!

First one, a show buy from a few years ago, Figured it would be between a 5 or 6...guessed correctly.

Another show buy from about 3 years ago...figured as another 5 to 6...nailed it!

Post 30 IP   flag post
600493 752 30