Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Can anyone answer me???17608

Collector ehustle327 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok so ive tried sending numerous emails which have gotten me nowhere not even a reply. So ill just post my last email here and see if maybe I can get some sort of response from someone anyone that works for your company??

Ok I've been trying to stay as patient as possible due to this being my first submission to have any comics graded ever but I submitted my 16 comics on July 17th of last year and at that time I believe it was around a 12 week turn around or so I was told and that's what was posted on your website but now we are closely coming up on a full year and still I haven't heard back from anyone at your company no matter how many messages I send just wanting some kinda update on my comics is really all that im trying to get and I need to change the address they are going to be mailed back to since my lease has ended where I was and I moved don't feel I'm asking for too much here and I'm not trying to be rude at all I know you all are super busy I get it trust me I'm a business owner myself so I know what things can be like all I'm asking is just for someone to reach out with an email and give me an educated guess possibly of when I can expect my comics back in my hands and to get my address updated to make sure I receive my books thanks so much my order number is 21-27DB264
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
Longest sentence ever! I feel your frustration. I waited a year also. If it helps, it feels so good when you get them!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
My Order number is 000-NO F'IN WAY!!! Lesson learned...NEVER going to give up close to half a year without my comic...if/when I die will a close relative even know I submitted anything?? Ha, it's all a joke, but to each their own. When these grading companies employee enough graders to make a turnaround time within a few weeks I may convert, but...as long as they are cheap and expect everyone to remain patient for many months on end, well, I'M NOT PLAYING THIS GAME!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
My Order number is 000-NO F'IN WAY!!! Lesson learned...NEVER going to give up close to half a year without my comic...if/when I die will a close relative even know I submitted anything?? Ha, it's all a joke, but to each their own. When these grading companies employee enough graders to make a turnaround time within a few weeks I may convert, but...as long as they are cheap and expect everyone to remain patient for many months on end, well, I'M NOT PLAYING THIS GAME!!!

Probably going to live to see triple digits as surly as you are @brysb. Send some books in!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad
Longest sentence ever! I feel your frustration. I waited a year also. If it helps, it feels so good when you get them!!

Really, after a whole freakin' year you feel "GOOD"...shit, I would be so pissed off I would be DEMANDING a refund!! I just do not get this wait, wait, wait, wait...and then it's all suddenly good because the comics finally arrived?? NOT IN MY WORLD!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehustle327
Ok so ive tried sending numerous emails which have gotten me nowhere not even a reply. So ill just post my last email here and see if maybe I can get some sort of response from someone anyone that works for your company??

Ok I've been trying to stay as patient as possible due to this being my first submission to have any comics graded ever but I submitted my 16 comics on July 17th of last year and at that time I believe it was around a 12 week turn around or so I was told and that's what was posted on your website but now we are closely coming up on a full year and still I haven't heard back from anyone at your company no matter how many messages I send just wanting some kinda update on my comics is really all that im trying to get and I need to change the address they are going to be mailed back to since my lease has ended where I was and I moved don't feel I'm asking for too much here and I'm not trying to be rude at all I know you all are super busy I get it trust me I'm a business owner myself so I know what things can be like all I'm asking is just for someone to reach out with an email and give me an educated guess possibly of when I can expect my comics back in my hands and to get my address updated to make sure I receive my books thanks so much my order number is 21-27DB264

Just stay patient! You're almost to the halfway point!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Wow, you people are so conditioned to wait forever, it's to the point it's the norm!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:

Just stay patient! You're almost to the halfway point!

LOL!!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
CGC & CBCS will keep you waiting forever as long as you justify the ridiculous wait times...keep submitting, complain, but nothing will change, these 2 companies have a lock on the market, but the consumer accepts this so nothing will change. Ha, I will buy already graded comics if the price is right, but I will NEVER submit until the wait time is reduced to at least 6 weeks guaranteed!
Post 9 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
CGC & CBCS will keep you waiting forever as long as you justify the ridiculous wait times...keep submitting, complain, but nothing will change, these 2 companies have a lock on the market, but the consumer accepts this so nothing will change. Ha, I will buy already graded comics if the price is right, but I will NEVER submit until the wait time is reduced to at least 6 weeks guaranteed!

Post 10 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Speed-read the OP’s post in Eminem’s voice.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Speed-read the OP’s post in Eminem’s voice.
🤣 Haley is waiting for these!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
In all seriousness; since you have an address change. Create a fed ex account if you don’t already have one and reroute your package(s) to a pick up location. This will ensure that you get your books if you are unable to get ahold of CBCS. I’m going to apologize for them; I’m sorry be patient. They are having major growing pains; especially with CS on top of the already lacking CS.

I really want to submit some books myself, but still cannot get answers on how I can get “express Press”. I believe in CBCS, but I cannot do business with them if I cannot understand how to get the services I want. I will gladly pay for “club membership” if that’s what I need to get “express press”, but I cannot get confirmation; so I am a customer on hiatus 😥
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O or @Darryl_H, maybe one of you can help?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
IBTL
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
IBTL ?
“In Between The Lines”?
“I Bet They Leave”?
“It Better Taste Like”?
“It’s Better to Love”?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Vrishnak private msg quote post Address this user
"In Before The Lock"
Post 17 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I submitted my 16 comics on July 17th of last year and at that time I believe it was around a 12 week turn around or so I was told

Just FYI,
I submitted books on July 6th of last year when the Turnaround Times were estimated to be 17 weeks. They were "received" first week of September. That's when the countdown begins, and it took until first week of April to get them. About 31 weeks.

I also submitted books the day before, on July 5th. They were "received" the same time and have been in "grading" for months. Hitting 36 weeks now.

No clue when they will be back but I hope they take a long time because all of the last submission came back with scuffs from their encapsulating machine and I'm hoping they get that fixed before getting to the books that are still there.

There is a good chance you will never hear back from customer service. Or at best, it could take a few weeks. I think it's random who actually gets responses. Someone mentioned the FedEx account idea. I don't have one so I can't confirm but that sounds like your best option.

I understand the worry since you have moved during your wait, but in all cases try to be patient.
Keep writing, keep calling and maybe you'll get lucky and actually hear back. But definitely do what HulkSmash suggested with the FedEx account.

Good Luck.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
CGC & CBCS will keep you waiting

Post 19 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

- Carly Simon
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
If you had pressing, you have longer to wait. If not , they're well overdue.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
When 1st unto the internets, I began buying comics again. I learned to read EBay seller feedback. No one HAS to be 100% to be in my show. It's more WHAT specific customers are having an issue with concerning a given seller.

Same here when I joined CGC and CBCS. Wouldn't MIND sending some books. What are customers saying about the process?

Oh. Ohhhh. No, I had better not. Sucks. This book would look nice in a holder with a big, fat 9.2 on it but I guess not. All that was BEFORE COVID so people couldn't use that as an excuse.

And here's the effed up thing: I went to CGC 1st because of their reputation of being "industry leaders" and the high bar of all the graders. NO ONE seemed to like PGX. Ok. I'll decide that for myself. Close scrutiny revealed CGC had high TAT and books were being returned damaged. Propaganda driven reputation is one thing and reality reputation is another entirely.

So, I defaulted to CBCS. What's their story? Pretty much the same. But did you catch what I did? I DEFAULTED to CBCS. Because the "leader" in industry standards was clearly doing some pooch screwing I knew I wouldn't respond to well if I encountered it. As a small business person, the LAST thing we want is a new client to choose us out of "default".

"Oh, well. I guess we will have to use THEM."

So, I buy graded for the bigger, more important books and buy raw for books that don't "NEED" to be slabbed and graded. It's a luxury service that grading companies offer but not absolutely necessary. Most of us know how to count and I believe can be (mostly) honest when we assign a grade to our raw books. Overstreet is there for a reason. It isn't a "Bible" per se. Just a guideline.

When a company communicates but offers thin excuses (CGC), I'm out. When a company DOESN'T communicate and offers thin excuses (CBCS), I am out.

Please do what makes you comfortable, of course. From what I can see, it's mainly the collector like myself that has a harder time dealing with this than the seller who wants to sell their hundreds of moderns online. Although I have to think by the time they get their stuff back, the point is moot.
Post 22 IP   flag post
601252 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?