Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Motor City Comic Con. 5-13 through 5-1517606

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I had a good time at the show today. It was pretty busy. If you go, show what you picked up. I originally was not planning on going however I want to thank Shelby from Hot Key Comics and HFQ Comics for his extra vendor pass that he graciously offered me.
Here is what I picked up below.
Post 1 IP   flag post

Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Vendor passes are the Wonka Golden Tickets for Conventions.
Post 3 IP   flag post

Amanda Conner signed print. I asked her to put the date too. Then we got talking about it being Friday the 13th. She added the little extra remark to it. She was really nice and personable.
Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post

Bought these 4 trades for $20.
Post 6 IP   flag post

A 5x7 print that caught my eye. Signed by Afua Richardson.
Post 7 IP   flag post

I met the writer Jeremy Holt. My son turned me on to Made in Korea which I really liked. Jeremy signed both of these. I picked up the Made in Korea for my son. Jeremy was enjoyable to talk to.
Post 8 IP   flag post

Picked up another clean copy.
Post 9 IP   flag post

Completed my High Republic run.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
This is the book I have that even remotely comes close to the Motor City Comic-Con.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
I wish cons were during the summer. Most I can never attend due to job constraints unless its during the summer. Some day, when I retire...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like you had a good time and made some quality pickups. I was thinking on heading down there tomorrow but I have decided to sit this one out. I bought some more bound volumes this week, eradicating virtually all of my fun money, plus I am pretty well set for readers at the moment, which is mostly what I go for.
Post 13 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Nice stuff. Figured it would be busy. The one they had last fall wasn't crowded at all.
I'm about 30 minutes from Novi and almost went today but talked myself out of it. I really only go to look at wall books and I'm finding I like the monthly shows at the Knights of Columbus halls more. Pretty much just books & fewer people. Old school, the way I was raised. Lol

That said, since I've never been, I may go to Capitol City in July, to celebrate the anniversary of waiting for my first CBCS submission
Post 14 IP   flag post
I was surprised to see that this show will be happening again this October too.
Post 15 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
I was surprised to see that this show will be happening again this October too.

Oh really?
I know last year was because Covid kept them from doing it in May.
Post 16 IP   flag post

@Sigur_Ros Yep. Here is the back page of their program.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

@Sigur_Ros Yep. Here is the back page cfc of their program.

Interesting, thank you.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Kenjisan1967 private msg quote post Address this user
This year I mainly went to get sketches and went with a Sandman Universe theme. I first hit Jason Moore up again and had him do a Sandman sketch to go with the Corinthian sketch he did at the Toledo Fantasticon.

Then the extremely awesome Adriana Melo did a front and back sketch of Death for me. I asked if she could draw me Death the way she is depicted in the comic and how Kirby Howell-Baptiste may appear as Death in the Netflix show. I can not wait to for the slab to come back.

Then for my last sketch idea my original plan was an Endless jam sketch, the 7 characters done by 7 artists. Unfortunately do to time constraints (I only went Sat.) I got 7 characters but only 4 artists. Khoi Pham did Destruction, Mike McKone did Death, Alitha Martinez did Dream, and Audra Lockwood is taking on the challenge to finish the rest of the 4 Endless!!!

Post 19 IP   flag post
598060 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?