Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

GOOD things and BAD things that happened to you this year (2022), so far...17602

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
GOOD THINGS:

1. I moved from my pot infested wreaking, smoke riddled, gasping for clean air apartment, neighbors should have been executed...DEATH by burning ACID would have been my demise of choice!!!
2. I moved from my noise infested, thug versus cops apartment, again, neighbors should have been executed!!!
3. I moved to a new apartment that is quiet and SMOKE FREE!!!

BAD THINGS:

1. I have spiders in my new apartment, so far, it's a work in progress...As a result, Spider-Man is no longer my favorite Marvel Superhero!
2. I still have a lot of maintenance issues that were not done prior to my move-in!
3. My new $2,000 Living Room furniture may take up to 4 months to arrive...ONLY the best for my rump to sit on!

OVERALL:

IT ALL EQUALS OUT! The good is now better than the bad. I now live in a place where if I left my apartment door unlocked for an entire day I would not worry about being robbed! MUCH, MUCH better class of neighbors!
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Smoke smell rules! It keeps spiders away.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Smoke smell rules! It keeps spiders away.

Oddly enough, sweet smelling fragrances repel spiders, who would have known!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Also, fun facts about the prior dude who lived in the apartment I now inhabit...he was crazy (according to my neighbors, Apt. Manager & Maintenance Guy), he used to walk around in his underwear with all of the blinds open & would hang his underwear out on a close line!! And, he lived in the unit for years but NEVER called in a Maintenance request, so if something broke, it went unreported...for years! The neighbors all demanded he be evicted and that is what finally happened!!! Damn, I could suck as a neighbor and still look like Jesus in comparison to this guy!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
GOOD THINGS:

1) I got things moved around in my apartment to where the big display cabinet of duck/bird decoys I inherited from my mother finally fits. Things are more cluttered than I'd like, but I can't have everything.
2) After many, many months of bitching, CGC finally accepted the giant stack of 27 returns I had for them. Hallelujah.
3) A friend of mine who was told she may have colon cancer was found to have hemorrhoids instead. Good for her. Eat more fibre.

BAD THINGS:

1) All that moving to get the cabinet situated blew my back out. Ouch.
2) Dodgy back means I can't get a bunch of chores done in the rental unit upstairs and until the chores get done, I can't rent it out. AARGH!!!
3) Got the 27 returns back from CGC and I'll be sending about HALF of them back again! Come on, CGC!!!

Yeah, I could go on with penny ante stuff, but all in all, this year is so much better than last year that there's just no comparison.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
GOOD THINGS:
3) A friend of mine who was told she may have colon cancer was found to have hemorrhoids instead. Good for her. Eat more fibre.

Good for your friend...that is like the best "GOOD THING" ever!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
GOOD THINGS:

Good for your friend...that is like the best "GOOD THING" ever!!!

I'm absolutely thrilled for her and her S.O. She was really scared by the possibility that she had cancer. Particularly because she knew her diet was not good At All and a cancer diagnosis wouldn't be that big a surprise. I'm hoping there was a wake-up call.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Got diagnosed with A-fib in January.

Just had cardiac ablation surgery Wednesday. Surgery went great, recovery was miserable. Home now, and feeling great. As of right now, no more a-fib.
Post 8 IP   flag post
601452 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?