Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For Sale

Looks like some male bovine excrement happening at ebay.17597

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Star Wars #1 cgc 9.8 sold $750

Star Wars #1 cgc 9.8 sold at $800

Love to think that the sellers are legit, but I think not.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Two different sellers with 0 feedback selling high end books for high prices?

and both located in London?

I wish I had those odds in my favor.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Wasn't me, I just bought the Marvel Movie Showcase version.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPaxson002
Two different sellers with 0 feedback selling high end books for high prices?

and both located in London?

Same book serial number being sold by two different eBay users with zero feedback…

Definitely suspect. Good thing eBay has a money back guarantee
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007

Same book serial number being sold by two different eBay users with zero feedback…

Definitely suspect. Good thing eBay has a money back guarantee

Good thing there are people like the members here who pay attention to this kind of shit and pay it forward.

EBay really needs a warning track or something where people can submit obvious fraud complaints and be taken seriously.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 - While the last 4 digits are the same, I think the first 5 digits are different.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I wonder if someone is making fake sales below market to get the FMV to temporarily drop so they can get a panicked seller to sell below market. Or, is just could be the let me create a fake account and get someone to pay me 800 or so dollars without thinking it through.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Bakersman private msg quote post Address this user
I never understood the logic in this type of sale. It happens in all venues of collectibles including automobiles to high end electric impact tools all the way down to Zippo lighters. What I dont get is where's the money at? Everything is covered 100% by Ebay then the actual fraud is never completed.
Let's say I buy this book above no one reports it and I pay for it. The seller will never ship anything, I guarantee this seller doesnt even have a 2nd print graded much less any comic. So time passes by I get smart and realise no comic is on it's way. I then start the fraud process jump through Ebay hoops for a few weeks and get my money back. At what point does the seller make out? Am I missing something?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakersman
I never understood the logic in this type of sale. It happens in all venues of collectibles including automobiles to high end electric impact tools all the way down to Zippo lighters. What I dont get is where's the money at? Everything is covered 100% by Ebay then the actual fraud is never completed.
Let's say I buy this book above no one reports it and I pay for it. The seller will never ship anything, I guarantee this seller doesnt even have a 2nd print graded much less any comic. So time passes by I get smart and realise no comic is on it's way. I then start the fraud process jump through Ebay hoops for a few weeks and get my money back. At what point does the seller make out? Am I missing something?

I wondered the same thing when I bought a Wrightson signed Detective 425 from a reputable seller. The book was listed on his site for a long while. I finally pulled the trigger. Paid for the book. Waited. No shipping happened.

After a week, I contacted him. "WTF?" I asked innocently.

"Oh. That book sold awhile ago. I'll send an E-Check to refund you."

"Uhhh. OK? But I paid PayPal. Just put it back in my account." Nah. Won't do that. I waited another 2 weeks before I lost my patience and threatened to expose him on CGC forums as a bum and a fraud. HE said he sent the E-Check. PayPal said THEY were still waiting.

Glory Be, two days later the payment showed up in my PayPal account with a nasty note calling me a dick.

My point (I guess) is I wondered if some sellers leave sold items or post items on their page/site/Ebay, "sell" it to unsuspecting schmucks like me and collect the funds. Now, they have money. And they can take their sweet time refunding at their leisure, milking out the process and threats while they buy shit THEY want for their stores.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
My experience with an eBay return has been much simpler than what I’ve read from people on here. If I buy something, and the item is not shipped, I open an “item not received” case. They then have a couple of days to ship or I get my money back. And if they ship something else, I opened a case “item not as described”, ship it back (they pay return postage) what’s tracking shows it was delivered back to them, they have 24 hours to refund my money, if not, eBay gives me a full refund.

It is a super rare thing maybe happens once every 2-3 years to me.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector sleeperbat private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPaxson002

Never tell me the Odds
Post 11 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

if it were me...I would have a fake everything using a fake or stolen name/ID etc.

Makes sales - get the $$ - withdraw/transfer the $$ and close the accounts or just walk away when the time comes

Win, win/lose lose for everyone - win seller keeps cash, win buyer gets money back - ebay/paypal lose as they can't recover the $$, insurance loses as they get a claim from ebay/paypal, everyone loses as insurance raises rates etc. etc.

that's just me though - stolen ID take out cash - let them come!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Bakersman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

if it were me...I would have a fake everything using a fake or stolen name/ID etc.

Makes sales - get the $$ - withdraw/transfer the $$ and close the accounts or just walk away when the time comes

Win, win/lose lose for everyone - win seller keeps cash, win buyer gets money back - ebay/paypal lose as they can't recover the $$, insurance loses as they get a claim from ebay/paypal, everyone loses as insurance raises rates etc. etc.

that's just me though - stolen ID take out cash - let them come!!

Ah yes the old fake i.d. scam. Ebay has been wise to that for awhile. Any new accounts monies go on hold until the item is received. The trick is to get fake "real" accounts or stolen accounts, it's just with i.p. trackers and such it's very difficult now. And if you are good enough to have real stolen bank accounts with proper i.d. etc I'm sure ebays the last place you would be scamming

I still do not see how selling items you dont own nets any profit?
Post 13 IP   flag post
601289 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?