Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Im opening another store/anyone use Instagram?17595

Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Hey y'all! As many of you know I once had a store last year but had to close due to my disability / surgery that kept me out of commission for at least a couple months. Well I've teamed up with a business partner who can do the things I can't physically do. Anyhow we are going to host our first live stream live sale on Instagram next week Friday. We're going to sell some slabs, signed books, modern through Bronze Age and maybe some small amount of Silver age books. We're testing to see how this works out with the live sale stuff before we open up the brick and mortar. I'm going to attach the link to our Instagram site so if you're interested in checking out our lives sale will be hosting them at 12 to 2 and four to six p.m. Next week Friday.
https://www.instagram.com/chucotowncomics/
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
I buy most of my books there.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Rjman48 awesome!

Also I forgot to add back during the live stream we will be making bundles and taking offers on books so this is a good opportunity to get a deal on a book you may want.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not on IG. Will you have any golden age Batman or Detectives?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Bobashek I may have a batman 106. Not a golden age,but still a ten cent age book.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks. I actually need 1-9
Post 6 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
Hey y'all! As many of you know I once had a store last year but had to close due to my disability / surgery that kept me out of commission for at least a couple months. Well I've teamed up with a business partner who can do the things I can't physically do. Anyhow we are going to host our first live stream live sale on Instagram next week Friday. We're going to sell some slabs, signed books, modern through Bronze Age and maybe some small amount of Silver age books. We're testing to see how this works out with the live sale stuff before we open up the brick and mortar. I'm going to attach the link to our Instagram site so if you're interested in checking out our lives sale will be hosting them at 12 to 2 and four to six p.m. Next week Friday.
https://www.instagram.com/chucotowncomics/

will check it out

do you have any Batman titles from the 1990's
Post 7 IP   flag post
@beastboy1980 yes we should!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Something to look into with this selling format could be whatnot.

I know nothing about it other than it's a format being used for live sales.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@starlord Good luck with the fresh start and IG sale.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I've participated in quite a few IG live sales. It's a great platform.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Bump!

Just a few days before the live sale, I wanted to let y'all know that I will be taking reasonable offers on all books. So if you want anything you can shoot your shot. Here's a few pics of some of the stuff going up. There will be signed books by Roy Thomas, George Perez, modern through Silver age and a few Golden Age books and drek

Post 12 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Im not on IG but I am curious on how a customer can get a good look at an individual book. Are there high res pics available before going live?
I was on IG for a couple weeks and then closed the account after actually reading the ToS
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Joosh pics can be posted before/after live streams, but it's much like any other platform such as eBay you can't physically look at the book but you get pictures or in this case you get a video display. Usually if the book is raw it's up to the person selling it to come up with a grade assignment. Unless the book is graded already you're kind of going on the word of the person who's selling the book. Now that might be an oversimplification and maybe not the best description up an Instagram live sale but here's what I'm doing.

I've taken my books and graded them to the best that I can with the bronze Silver's and moderns getting no more than 8.5 or very fine plus rating at the max. No book will be at mint to NM unless it has been graded by a third party such as cbcs or cgc. If somebody wants a close-up photo or video shot of a book my business partner will be more than happy to oblige with close-ups. during the live feed I will be monitoring the sale and if anybody wants to make an offer on a book in real time I can decide to give it to them or not or counter.

Not sure if this helped you out, maybe somebody can explain it a little better than I could. But as a disclaimer I have bought things on Instagram to try it out the format and have been watching other shops and dealers who do it and seeing how they operate in front and behind the camera as well as collecting and shipping the books to decide that it's something worth trying to see if I can move product aside from having just a brick-and-mortar or having to rely on eBay, MCs...
Post 14 IP   flag post
Going live in half an hour on Instagram! Hope to see y'all there and I'll be Manning behind the camera so if you guys want to make a shout out or make a deal just let me know.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Just want to comment here. I stopped by this sale and @starlord brought some serious heat. Was really impressive.

I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer, it was dinner time. But your setup and such looked great. Looking forward to checking out further sales.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I was really interested in the sale but, for me the sales need to be during the weekend or I cannot participate. Although I am not and IG aficionado, I try and support my fellow boardies when I can.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@xvipah thanks so much!

Just for those who are curious first sale went okay and I sold four slabs and a couple raw books which was more than I was expecting. None of the big books were taken but I was happy to have made a couple hundred dollars regardless in a small amount of time.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@sportshort awesome we are working on adjusting our schedule and format. So when we do this again hopefully it will be more towards the weekend as well as every other day but right now we're just trying a trial run.
Post 19 IP   flag post
600625 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?