Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeFor Sale

My first sub is back!!!17586

Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Just go these books back and looking so clean!!! Order submitted on 4/23 and back on 5/12. CBCS is killing it!!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
you used the new modern express tier
Post 2 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
nice books
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Wish they had express when I submitted, probably would have gone for it lol. Dropped off at bmore comiccon in october, still in processing 🤣
Post 4 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Those are gorgeous!! Fantastic covers!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@beastboy1980 - yup it was a 10 book sub pre-screened 9.8 with 2 rejects. I'll be using that tier some more once I sell through these books.

@Debastk* - in the same boat with 2 other subs from earlier this year right before the tier change. One includes a press which I'm now doing myself. I probably won't see those books till Christmas
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Byrdidyrd - SIKTC has some of the best covers although the variant runs are starting to get out of hand.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumetheliving
@Byrdidyrd - SIKTC has some of the best covers although the variant runs are starting to get out of hand.

The variant cover gimmick is sheer lunacy now in general. Seriously, books with 50+ variants? SIKTC is NOT helping the situation. Admittedly, a lot of the SIKTC variant covers are really nice, but how about toning it down a little?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
it was a 10 book sub pre-screened 9.8 with 2 rejects. I'll be using that tier some more once I sell through these books.

I did the same recently and was VERY pleased. I had one reject and all my other books came out great, including my first two 9.9s. I'll be doing it again once I've put together a little cashola for another submission of Modern books that I don't think would benefit from a pressing.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd I do have to say I liked the first set of Slaughter packs - most likely will get a couple of them graded.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@Byrdibyrd I do have to say I liked the first set of Slaughter packs - most likely will get a couple of them graded.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't send my Onion Club variant in to be graded. Guilty as charged.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sebastsk8 same boat. Grab an oar.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

The variant cover gimmick is sheer lunacy now in general. Seriously, books with 50+ variants? SIKTC is NOT helping the situation. Admittedly, a lot of the SIKTC variant covers are really nice, but how about toning it down a little?

Trust me, I went down the rabbit hole with SIKTC, my ebay page is basically nothing but variant covers.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Trust me, I went down the rabbit hole with SIKTC, my ebay page is basically nothing but variant covers.

I have plenty of variants from a lot of books, but I try to keep it down to ones that I really think are worth the effort. Which is part of the issue with SIKTC - so many of the variants are nice! I was 'saved' early on because my LCS doesn't usually order variants and I don't order new books online, so I was able to ignore things. It's getting tougher and tougher now, though. They're just so pretty...
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have plenty of variants from a lot of books, but I try to keep it down to ones that I really think are worth the effort. Which is part of the issue with SIKTC - so many of the variants are nice! I was 'saved' early on because my LCS doesn't usually order variants and I don't order new books online, so I was able to ignore things. It's getting tougher and tougher now, though. They're just so pretty...
Indeed they are, big fan of anything by Peach momoko
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Indeed they are, big fan of anything by Peach momoko

I have a few Peach Momoko variants. So nice. I haven't seen a 'meh' one yet.
Post 16 IP   flag post
598097 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?