Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics MagazinesGrading Help NeededQuestions

Question about grading missing value stamp17585

Collector Tattedcoyboy private msg quote post Address this user
I’m new to this I’m sorry if there are multiple questions about it but I have a dr strange 1 (1974) missing it’s value stamp I was wondering how it would be graded will it be like a 1.5? I think the overall of the book is a 6.5 maybe 6 will it drop a lot? Or even worth it to get graded the story isn’t affected at all the only thing it is it just takes out a little of stans soap box it’s just clipped out
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Per the CBCS grading standards:

GOOD 3.0 TO 1.8

3.0 GOOD / VERY GOOD
2.5 GOOD+
2.0 GOOD
1.8 GOOD–

Good is really a misnomer, but one that is still readable with numerous defects.

-All the defects of a VG comic with more significant wear.
-The inside paper quality might not be good and pieces of the pages may be missing.
-Books in this grade are almost always creased, scuffed, abraded and soiled, but readable.
-Large pieces can be missing from the cover.
-Long or many spine splits are possible.
The cover and pages many be detached but not missing and is still in a "collectible" grade.
-A significant amount of tape may have been applied to cover and pages.
Book may be fragile

The book would also be noted as “Incomplete”
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Tattedcoyboy - Welcome to the forum. I have seen Hulk #181’s without the Marvel Value Stamp receive a Blue Label grade of 2.5.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
i think they might just say marvel value stamp missing
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Tattedcoyboy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
i think they might just say marvel value stamp missing
so they would grade it normally and then put it not being there?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The book will take a grade hit for not having the Marvel Value Stamp, and as stated, it will probably be capped at a 2.5 or possibly a 3.0 (but I couldn’t find any examples of books without the stamp with a 3.0 grade). CBCS doesn’t have a “qualified” grade (CGC has their Green label), so it would be a blue label with the actual grade, and the missing value stamp would be noted on the label.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s a CBCS 3.0 missing the stamp.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting. I wonder if CBCS or us collectors would benefit from a multi tier grade...

like "Front and back cover - 9.7"
and "interior pages 6.2 missing stamp".

Similar to how they grade Star Wars carded figures...
Post 8 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
If the grade keeps getting sliced/diced it becomes meaningless imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Interesting. I wonder if CBCS or us collectors would benefit from a multi tier grade...

Post 9 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Tattedcoyboy Welcome to the forum!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

Quote:

I agree!
Post 11 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:

Quote:

I agree!

I would love to see multiple features graded akin to how sports cards usually are. This might make the most sense with mid level tier and up.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I agree!

I would love to see multiple features graded akin to how sports cards usually are. This might make the most sense with mid level tier and up.

The free grading notes do the job for you. If we were to add another step to grading, your books would take even longer to get back to you......
Post 13 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I agree!

The free grading notes do the job for you. If we were to add another step to grading, your books would take even long to get back to you......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!! lol
Post 14 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I would not want multi-tier grading. It adds complexity to the point of irrelevance.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Then we can do page by page grading:

Page 1 is a 7.5

But Page 5 is 9.8

How about panel by panel?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hello, my name is Stu and I'm a shill. HexView private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

9.7?????
Post 17 IP   flag post
Hello, my name is Stu and I'm a shill. HexView private msg quote post Address this user
Whoops.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattedcoyboy
I’m new to this I’m sorry if there are multiple questions about it but I have a dr strange 1 (1974) missing it’s value stamp I was wondering how it would be graded will it be like a 1.5? I think the overall of the book is a 6.5 maybe 6 will it drop a lot? Or even worth it to get graded the story isn’t affected at all the only thing it is it just takes out a little of stans soap box it’s just clipped out

Years ago I bought a hulk 181 missing stamp. Gorgeous book otherwise. At the time there was no cgc or cbcs. Learned my lesson. According to Overstreet was basically a 1.5. Why I don't buy manipulated or restoration book
Post 19 IP   flag post
600441 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?