Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Kasperb991 private msg quote post Address this user
How does everyone disllay there slabs?
Im currently using https://thecollectorsresource.com/ but hear that crafticomics is oretty good but a bit more on the expensive side anyone got some suggestions or pics?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
I display them in boxes in the storage unit I have them in.. My house is too small to have them out!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookzach
I display them in boxes in the storage unit I have them in.. My house is too small to have them out!
I highly recommend the guys I use if you want a few on your walls they are relatively inexpensive option and only require a thumbtack to hold them on the wall. But I get thst I have probably about 10 long boxes of raw books I can't afford to get graded lol and they are at my grandparents place in FL
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I display many of my books by making photo copies of them for use on my Drawer boxes. The original are keep securely stored.

Post 4 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

Vinyl J-channel meant for home siding. Slabs slide in/out easily and cannot fall out. I got the idea from someone on the forums a few years ago.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
got

Like this idea it's a good inexpensive solution to show alot all at once
Post 6 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I have several crafticomics “frames” and like them a lot. However, I only -really- like them for raw books. The one framed slab version I have still isn’t on display…

It may just be me and my taste but I prefer simplicity for display. Ideally I would find a solution that “hides” everything except the book. No grade, no surround, etc.

If I had a dedicated comics room it might be a different story. My preference is to highlight the cover art and the “vintage” nature of the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasperb991
How does everyone disllay there slabs?
Im currently using https://thecollectorsresource.com/ but hear that crafticomics is oretty good but a bit more on the expensive side anyone got some suggestions or pics?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I have one submitted (and none graded). I plan on displaying it on the wall. Its Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #9. So plan on displaying it with my MMPR toy collection especially next to my Lord Drakkon (comic is his first appearance) pop figure

when I do more next month and when they come in (or if get any already graded) will likely go my "worth money" cabinet
Post 8 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
I use the "Comic Mount" product, and I wrote a review on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-reviews/R1JX7AC4IZS66J?ref=pf_ov_at_pdctrvw_srp
Post 9 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
When I'm ready, I plan on using these from Amazon. The price is decent, the product looks good. I like how there is a metal piece to keep pressure on the edge of the slab.

Post 10 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
I'm personally not a fan of frames. I use these ComicMounts. Very hidden, which is the look I prefer. Can also be used as a stand. I use them for raw, graded, and old vinyl LPs.

My 2¢

Stock photos:

Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
I'm personally not a fan of frames. I use these ComicMounts. Very hidden, which is the look I prefer. Can also be used as a stand. I use them for raw, graded, and old vinyl LPs.

My 2¢

Stock photos:

I like these but don't like the no uv proctor for the older books

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
When I'm ready, I plan on using these from Amazon. The price is decent, the product looks good. I like how there is a metal piece to keep pressure on the edge of the slab.

I like this idea but again no uv protection in the more well lit rooms but for the hall ways an amazing idea
Post 13 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasperb991

I like these but don't like the no uv proctor for the older books

Understood.
I use LED lighting in these rooms so not an issue. The amount of UV from LED is negligible.

Honestly, even if I didn't I wouldn't concern myself. Books are gonna last a lot longer than I am.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Oteemorse private msg quote post Address this user
I like the collector mounts I think I may purchase those
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Oteemorse I love these frames 1 thumb tack is all you need they are well built but they run out kf supply super fast so thats the downside for sure
Post 16 IP   flag post
601308 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?