Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics MagazinesQuestions

CBCS and Other Comic Books and Comic Magazines17580

Collector themelodyman private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone. I'm new to the CBCS world and I just wanted to know if CBCS grades and encapsulates other books such as the Marvel Treasury Edition comics and different comic magazines that are thicker?

Thanks,
Ernie
Post 1 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the forums, Ernie!

To answer your questions:

No on Treasuries. I don't think anyone does that.

Magazines: They are working on it. Was susposed to start the end of April, but since then no word.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks for the response. I do wish I could secure my one and only DC Giant Book. If anyone has any helpful info on the subject, I'd love to hear it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that CBCS offers raw grading on treasuries. Not a hard slab but at least some level of protection.

Welcome to the forum!
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I believe cbcs will raw grade it. Then you can place it in a toploader. Or skip the raw grade if you dont care about grading it.

They make toploaders in ridiculous large sizes so they should have one that will fit a treasury edition book.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yes, I saw that and that is what prompted my initial question. Thank you for the response and the welcome.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector HooperSchaefer private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I wanted to add about raw grade for Treasury Editions as well. Includes a Mylar, backing board, tamper evident sticker, and a grade sticker.

This is the web page for it on CBCS’s site with an example photo:
https://www.cbcscomics.com/rawgrade
Post 7 IP   flag post
Well, I just learned what a toploader is and I saw the link for the bagged Treasury Edition. I only have one large comic and that is Superman vs Muhammad Ali and I really want to protect and preserve that one.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
This should fit your book. But measure to be positive

https://hotflips.com/product/11-x-15-life-traesury-comic-size-top-loader-holder/
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you so much for that link. I will definitely look into it and see if it can help.
Post 10 IP   flag post
598012 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?