Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

So what's the word on Magazine grading?17568

Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
There are no Magazine size slabs. There never will be any magazine size slabs. #SOON
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I have been billed for all three invoices submitted at Little Giant including the magazines.

The invoice still has the normal comic book charges for these books instead of the higher magazine prices.

My guess is that I will be hit for the difference down the road.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I have been billed for all three invoices submitted at Little Giant including the magazines.

The invoice still has the normal comic book charges for these books instead of the higher magazine prices.

My question is, what will they do when your books and magazines are done being graded and the cases still aren't available?
Post 29 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

My question is, what will they do when your books and magazines are done being graded and the cases still aren't available?

Becket has magazine cases so I don't know why they won't figure this out by then.
Post 30 IP   flag post

It's possible they could use those. But I think I remember them saying they were inferior to the design of the new magazine cases and didn't want to use them for that reason.
Post 31 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator lol............
Post 32 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
We are close. We are not putting a date on it because every time someone in the building starts giving out a date something happens to delay it. All the pieces of this puzzle are finally starting to fall into place now. Trust me, this case is worth the wait.
Post 33 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It's possible they could use those. But I think I remember them saying they were inferior to the design of the new magazine cases and didn't want to use them for that reason.

The new CBCS mag case is so nice that Beckett is going to start using them too.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector ExpI0sioN private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't an email get sent out to, like, everyone, saying April or was it May, that they where going to be starting... wish that was true. Steve, can we at least get a this year, or next confirmation???
Post 35 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpI0sioN
Didn't an email get sent out to, like, everyone, saying April or was it May, that they where going to be starting... wish that was true. Steve, can we at least get a this year, or next confirmation???

Sure can!
This year or next.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
We are not putting a date on it because every time someone in the building starts giving out a date something happens to delay it.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector desslocktx private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
We are close. We are not putting a date on it because every time someone in the building starts giving out a date something happens to delay it. All the pieces of this puzzle are finally starting to fall into place now. Trust me, this case is worth the wait.

OK. Well I'll keep my batch of magazines here for awhile longer and wait!

Thanks!
Steve
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector MRmintastic private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Waiting patiently with some minty Savage Swords and Marvel Preview mags. Hope your crew can deliver solid grading and competitive TATs. Looking forward to seeing the new holder first hand.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpI0sioN

I read this as "....can we at least get the year..." lol
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Rinova private msg quote post Address this user
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Post 41 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos

Any updates on your end?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
The first rule of magazine grading club is we don't talk about magazine grading....the second rule is we DON'T talk about magazine grading
Post 43 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

The new CBCS mag case is so nice that Beckett is going to start using them too.
it’s so nice you don’t want anyone else to have it!… cmon you know it’s true….
Post 44 IP   flag post
lol, y'all are still holding your breath on this? It's NEVER going to happen. Or by the time it does, TATs are going to be 3 years, so you might be looking at, oh, 6 years until you're holding a CBCS magazine slab in your hands.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Only 4.5 months delayed so far and counting

Post 46 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user

Sticking with the OG version but I think this sums it up.
Post 47 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
lol, y'all are still holding your breath on this? It's NEVER going to happen. Or by the time it does, TATs are going to be 3 years, so you might be looking at, oh, 6 years until you're holding a CBCS magazine slab in your hands.

No. If they ever do start, they'll kick the first batches out as quickly as possible so the word, and images, are on the street and in the CBCS social media posts. They aren't going to say "ok, we're ready now" then have year long tats.
So the first ones to submit will get preferential treatment.

I couldn't wait any longer so a bunch went elsewhere. More will follow later.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:

No. If they ever do start, they'll kick the first batches out as quickly as possible so the word, and images, are on the street and in the CBCS social media posts. They aren't going to say "ok, we're ready now" then have year long tats.
So the first ones to submit will get preferential treatment.

I couldn't wait any longer so a bunch went elsewhere. More will follow later.

probably next week I'll have a batch to go 'elsewhere' too!
Post 49 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
From what I have heard through the grapevine is that they are still further away than they want to be on the mag certification. Could be months....
Post 50 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock

Thank you for sharing what you can. It means a lot to those of us in the dark.
Post 51 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Waiting on this so I can get my UK comics taken care of.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Bobsaget private msg quote post Address this user
My question is why did I have to come to the forum for any info or update? Also if mag slabs don't yet exist why have the pricing show on your website and why have no blerb about the non existent of the magazines? There should have already been a post somewhere or an email blast something. This is so frustrating especially since the only option kinda sucks.(CGC mag slab)
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsaget
My question is why did I have to come to the forum for any info or update? Also if mag slabs don't yet exist why have the pricing show on your website and why have no blerb about the non existent of the magazines? There should have already been a post somewhere or an email blast something. This is so frustrating especially since the only option kinda sucks.(CGC mag slab)

So you're saying it doesn't make sense to advertise and price a service they don't actually offer?

You must be new here.
👋
Post 54 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsaget
Mags were supposed to launch in April, hence the pricing, but were delayed for whatever reasons. Your question is valid. I don’t remember the reason Mags were delayed and some kind of update would be great.
Post 55 IP   flag post
596798 94 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?