Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

So what's the word on Magazine grading?17568

Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Is CBCS still looking into this? Last I heard they were talking end of April but don't seem to find any info on it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
Been waiting for 3 years now - won’t roll out until 2027 now !
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I am patient zero.

I gave CBCS five or six magazine as part of a bigger submission in April.

The guys at the booth agreed to take the magazines and figure things out later.

When I filled out the online forms I entered the magazines as though they were comics.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos - Are you patient zero?

Post 4 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

The guys at the booth agreed to take the magazines and figure things out later.

Lol...
You're very brave.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Or very stupid !
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
This is about the time for the monthly assurance that it will be next month...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
#SOON
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Bobsaget private msg quote post Address this user
I'd love to know what the hold up is? Is it website or physical stuff?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh no!
Now Borock won't be able to grade my Cerebus 1! DRAT!
Post 10 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsaget
I'd love to know what the hold up is? Is it website or physical stuff?

From some guy who used to work here, or something...

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrick339
Oh no!
Now Borock won't be able to grade my Cerebus 1! DRAT!

I thought the exact same thing when I heard the news.
Post 12 IP   flag post
So, apparently they're taking magazine submissions at Heroes Con? I'm a little confused why it's not an option online as well. And especially confused because the last I heard, there weren't any materials for actually encapsulating them. And being that they've been saying "Next month" for literally years, I can't imagine why they'd want to start accepting them before the materials are actually there and ready.

Maybe they just meant for Raw Grading? Who knows.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Last news was a member of the forums was playing guinea pig. Never did hear how that went.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
So, apparently they're taking magazine submissions at Heroes Con? I'm a little confused why it's not an option online as well. And especially confused because the last I heard, there weren't any materials for actually encapsulating them. And being that they've been saying "Next month" for literally years, I can't imagine why they'd want to start accepting them before the materials are actually there and ready.

Maybe they just meant for Raw Grading? Who knows.

maybe only if they have pressing...that way in 2 or 3 years the materials will ready just as the books are pressed
Post 15 IP   flag post
They're saying they're taking them now because by the time they reach the current TATs, they'll be ready. I want to believe that, just finding it a little difficult.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
They're saying they're taking them now because by the time they reach the current TATs, they'll be ready. I want to believe that, just finding it a little difficult.

A lot can happen in a year.
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
What are the odds Magazine slabs get a price increase before they’re released?
Post 18 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The optics if that happens would be really bad. However, I wouldn't put it past them after last increase
Post 19 IP   flag post
They (CBCS) don’t even have the materials in yet for magazine - I spoke with one of the sealers -

Lmao - Please CBCS GET YOUR CORE BUSINESS RIGHT BEDORE TAKING ON MAGAZINES for Grading and encapsulation.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfacecomics
They (CBCS) don’t even have the materials in yet for magazine - I spoke with one of the sealers -

Lmao - Please CBCS GET YOUR CORE BUSINESS RIGHT BEDORE TAKING ON MAGAZINES for Grading and encapsulation.

lol...3yrs? so far...another 3 for your proposal?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfacecomics

I've always said the same thing. And I don't really know what to say to anyone who is handing their magazines over to CBCS right now. Good luck?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector desslocktx private msg quote post Address this user
So what’s the word on magazine grading? July, 2022 Edition

I bought a Marvel Super Special Raiders of the Lost Ark at Retro Expo, and the Playboy with Dorothy Stratton that I want graded. 🎉
Post 23 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
It’s a myth. It doesn’t exist.
Post 24 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@drchaos - Are you patient zero?

I wonder??????
Post 25 IP   flag post
There are no Magazine size slabs. There never will be any magazine size slabs. #SOON
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I have been billed for all three invoices submitted at Little Giant including the magazines.

The invoice still has the normal comic book charges for these books instead of the higher magazine prices.

My guess is that I will be hit for the difference down the road.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
I have been billed for all three invoices submitted at Little Giant including the magazines.

The invoice still has the normal comic book charges for these books instead of the higher magazine prices.

My question is, what will they do when your books and magazines are done being graded and the cases still aren't available?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

My question is, what will they do when your books and magazines are done being graded and the cases still aren't available?

Becket has magazine cases so I don't know why they won't figure this out by then.
Post 30 IP   flag post
596799 94 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?