Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help Needed

How do I Group Ship?17541

Collector Aasha881 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello! New to the grading world 😅
Myself and a few people at my local comic shop want to go in together and get a bunch of comics graded.
We each want/have different tiers we want to go through, so we are not sure how to go about this.
I don't want all their fees on my credit card either...

So, any direction on how to submit multiple people's stuff in one go? Paperwork submission, payment info collection, stuff like that?

I've dropped stuff off at a convention before, but have never shipped. Thanks in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Aasha881 Welcome!

There's nothing wrong with shipping multiple invoices in the same box, including invoices that will be returned to different addresses. When I have books I want to submit that are in different tiers, I fill out an invoice for each separate tier, then I have the books in separate bundles and attach invoices to their respective bundles of books, then they all go into the box. Each invoice is charged separately when you fill it out.

For multiple people, I'd just do the same thing. Each person fill out their own invoice(s) and take care of their own charges. Boxing it all together shouldn't be a problem, even if they will go to different addresses when the grading is done. You'll fill out return addresses when you submit your invoices.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this answers your question but what I would do is treat the submissions separately as if each were doing their own but just have them in tbe same shipping box. Just remember whatever book is slowest in that tier is going to slow down that tier. For example, If you mix a next day book with a book that needs pressing and signature verification, your whole order on that invoice is slowed to the slowest item on the invoice since they are shipped together. If you have different tiers it's best to split them up.

Honestly though, the few bucks you save in shipping might not be worth the headache you might give the receiving person. I would want to make things as easy as possible given customer service is a bit chaotic at the moment.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Aasha881 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for all the info!
If we can organize them as several separate orders, just shipped together, sounds like that's the key. Much appreciated!
Post 4 IP   flag post
597868 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?