Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

Who remembers MARVEL MINI BOOKS?17524

Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,
I forgot I had these. I got them back when I was a kid in 1966 in gum ball machines. Cost me a whole penny each or if I was lucky I got a gum ball with one. Marvel Mini Books complete set of 6 released in 1966 via gumball vending machines. These are the smallest "comics" ever made, measuring just 5/8-in. x 7/8-in. with 50 black-and-white interior pages, and glossy covers (in various bright background colors).

This might be a silly question but I'll ask it anyway.

Will CBCS grade and slab them?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
There is a company that will, but it's the company too disreputable to mention here.

Edit reason: forgot we couldn't post pics from this company
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@SGT_Comics PGX books are not allowed on the site. I'd crop the label out of the picture.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
does cbcs grade these books ?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@SGT_Comics PGX books are not allowed on the site. I'd crop the label out of the picture.

what about cgc comics can we show them
or just cbcs ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

or just cbcs ?

Yes. Folks show those all the time, myself included.
Post 6 IP   flag post
what about books graded by EGS
can they be shown ?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

or just cbcs ?

Yes. Folks show those all the time, myself included.

I couldn't find any examples of CBCS or CGC slabs, just PGX. I also couldn't find any on the census, but maybe I just couldn't figure out the precise title terminology to use.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
what about books graded by EGS
can they be shown ?

only CBCS and CGC are allowed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
We do not grade them (even though that they are super cool) as we would have to count all those pages and would have to charge a fortune for that and the special encapsulation.
Post 10 IP   flag post
601278 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?