Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkComics MagazinesComics Modern AgeMemorabiliaSignatures

Official Joe Madureira Appreciation Thread175

Collector Soma private msg quote post Address this user
Get ready!

Feel free to discuss the awesome Joe Madureira! From his time on X-Men, Battle Chasers, Inhumans, Darksiders or anything and everything Joe Madureira!

And in case you didnt know... Battle Chasers is returning this year! Finishing where the original book left off @ issue 9, Battle Chasers is returning with issue 10, 11, and 12 which will close the book on the story we started 18 years ago, and introduce an entire NEW story which will be carried over in an all new Video Game! Battle Chasers: Nightwar will be out on PC, PS4 and XB1 with a December 2016 release date!

I figured id start things off with what i can only imagine is the worlds largest Joe Madureira Collection! Yup, Im working on collecting EVERYTHING hes ever worked on from PSM and wizard magazine covers, to video games and all the comics in between... Im super proud of this collection, and can say im very very close to being finished (as finished as i currently can be) If you see a book or magazine (or trading card) i dont have. LET ME KNOW! okay... here... we..... GO!
(Massive amounts of images incoming... 56k/Mobile users may want to turn back now!)

Softcover(2nd printing) and Hardcover(1st printing)

And to top it all off... lol...

Post 1 IP   flag post
Cant believe i left this out.. granted its CGC (in fact it was the second book i ever got graded) but still its part of my Ultimate Joe Madureira Collection.

Im also looking for these if anyone knows a good place to find them (other than ebay)Im running out of comics of his to collect... so now im looking for everything else he did... XD

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector RedSnapper private msg quote post Address this user
I just want a piece of original art at some point
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
I think Deadpool The Circle Chase is some of his best work.

What's that tattoo you both share?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector 1952MB private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
I think Deadpool The Circle Chase is some of his best work.

What's that tattoo you both share?

agree....
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Soma So what's the story behind this tattoo?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@Soma So what's the story behind this tattoo?

Its from Joes game, Darksiders/Darksiders 2.

As a fan of both Mad and Darksiders... and that Joe is my personal inspiration in my own art career, i wanted to get the Darksiders Horse Rune as a tribute. I just added the purple.(The rune is a horse skull)

All my tattoos are just personal things that influenced me or that i like.

My next Major Tattoo is going to be something from Battle Chasers. Battle Chasers was my entire life in High School lol, and im beyond hyped that hes continuing the story and making a game!

Just look at this madness!!
(i guess gifs dont display here?)

Hmm actually... i think ill start an official Battle Chasers thread too!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Soma Thanks for sharing that, Soma. Very interesting. Now that you mentioned it, I can see the horse skull details as part of the rune.

Pretty cool that Joe Mad has inspired you artistically. Are you planning your own comic book? It might be interesting if you used your own characters as your next body art. You'd be your own walking advertisement. I bet it has helped Joe when people ask him about his tats.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600791 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?