Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; fishing. Show your catch part 217499

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My son went fishing on his birthday.

Post 201 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Was able to get out on a small pond for a few hours yesterday. Cold (upper 40’s) and windy conditions, but we still managed to grab about ten small largemouth bass between us.

Post 202 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Say Ed, are you planning on doing any fishing while on your trip to Scotland? I would like to visit there someday. Take some pics for us when you go...
Post 203 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 - I am leaving my travel fishing rod home during the Scotland trip. But I am doing my fishing trip up North to Squam Lake in May with a bunch of my fishing buddies. I will definitely post some pictures from that trip.
Post 204 IP   flag post

Post 205 IP   flag post

4.2 was his biggest of the day.

Post 206 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Not much of an angler but I am an avid sailor.
Pre-launch repairs!
70% done?
New drain hoses in..old backer wood pieces out and new ones prepared...need to go back with epoxy, silicone and paint!!!

Post 207 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
My buddies and one of there boys have been stocking my farm pond out a pit that we fish that is getting bought up by a KS hunting/fishing outfitter.

Post 208 IP   flag post
@Rbolton:

Post 209 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Some big bellies hanging there....
Had to be a blast pulling those whales in..
Post 210 IP   flag post
My Son was very happy to catch this one yesterday.

Post 211 IP   flag post
Yesterday was in the low 40’s with some wind, so we fished a small semi-protected pond in West Greenwich. We caught a few largemouth bass and some chain pickerel.

Post 212 IP   flag post
Collector Optic_Blast private msg quote post Address this user
I caught this a couple weeks back. It was almost 28" and weighed 9.5lb.

Post 213 IP   flag post
I went back over the weekend and suckers were biting. I caught 11 trouts in an hour and a half. I threw a few back, but this was the biggest one.

Post 214 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Optic_Blast I didn't know trouts got that big. Where were you fishing? Chernobyl!?!?
Post 215 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Lake Trout
Post 216 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Optic_Blast I didn't know trouts got that big. Where were you fishing? Chernobyl!?!?
I was surprised when I pulled that first one out since I was catching 2-3 pounders all year.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Here kitty, kitty.

Post 218 IP   flag post
ok..no fishing but...
I just figured out I can use google maps offline to drop pins for GPS positions on the lake.
Amazing!!
Pretty sure I can use my phone like a GPS - I just need this because I'm going to try to do the once a month long distance race series at my club.
Need this since they use 'virtual marks' - I'll probably be single handing it but what the hell

Start times are 10am with a 5 hour time limit to finish the course

Looks like potentially 7 races in the series with best 5 counting..I should be able to do 4? but I'll try for 7 and keep my top 5
Post 219 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user

Caught this little guy in the rain last week. Caught a few small striper as well.
Post 220 IP   flag post
In the words of older more knowledgeable guys...everything on your boat is broken....you just don't know it yet!!

Boats in started at my club. My motor was fine when I test started it...dropped in the water...no start!!

Top portion of the recoil pinion gear broke!!
Now the pull cord can't engage!!
I need to email the prior owners...one of them made me look like a rock star...because I had on hand a spare start cord to wrap around the top to start old school style!!!

New issue...how to remove the roll pin so I can install a new part....thinking I start old school all season and work on this over the winter - no use trying to do while on the boat and lose parts to the water gods!

Post 221 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user

My old man and I went crappie fishing for a few hours this morning
Post 222 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user

Caught these this past weekend.
Post 223 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton

My old man and I went crappie fishing for a few hours this morning

That's a decent haul!! It's making my mouth water!!
Post 224 IP   flag post
@Wyldchyld Pomme De Terre?
Post 225 IP   flag post
I just bought myself a baitcaster and will be trying it out this weekend.
Post 226 IP   flag post
@Optic_Blast - Good luck! Here are some suggestions. Start out throwing a heavier lure, like a spinnerbait. Make sure you set your reel control to where the lure just starts falling very slowly when you put it in free-spool (you can loosen it more later, after you get used to it). Make some easy casts at first to get used to having your thumb on the spool. Gradually increase your distance. Backlashes are likely to occur as you get used to feathering and stopping the spool with your thumb. Don’t worry, you will get it. I usually bring two baitcasters and two spinning rods with me on fishing trips. I always use the baitcasters for jigs, spinnerbaits, most crankbaits, and big topwater baits.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Thanks! Lots of backlash but I'm just practicing today. Trout was biting the first 15 minutes I arrived but now it's been pretty dead. May pack up soon and try another day.
Post 228 IP   flag post
It wasn't a bad day after all. I walked away with 10 trouts. A couple of them were 3+lbs, the others in the good size 2 lbs. range.
Post 229 IP   flag post
602967 229 29