Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; fishing. Show your catch part 217499

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice! My fishing plans and afternoon MiLB game were canceled due to downpours. Did get a new Altoona Curve hat at the stadium before they finally called it though. Lol
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
Nice catch. I am fishing a small bass tournament tomorrow on Smith mountain lake in Virginia. Hope to post some pictures tomorrow afternoon. 1st tournament I have fished in about 10 years.
Post 152 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
A Merc 90 @esaravo? Well played!

Post 153 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Well....it's boat put in time at the club..so I decided to throw the outboard in a drum to give it a test start before my launch next weekend.....

Started and went into gear easy enough...then I noticed no water coming out!!!!
Damned it!!! means the impeller is done....now to see what my model # is (7.5hp 1980's Evinrude), what kit I need and how long it will take to get it.
Last year a carb kit took 8 months to arrive.....if it's going to be that long for a water pump/impeller kit I may not be launching the boat this year.....soooooo frustrating!!!

Just got my sails measured too! so that my PHRF (handicap) rating could be calculated so I could do a few races

I hope the impeller kit is readily available
Post 154 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics - You can get a cheap one on Amazon for around $10, or get an OEM part from Crowley Marine for around $25. No idea on shipping to Canada. Plenty of YouTube videos on installation too. You should be up and running in a couple of weeks, not months.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@KatKomics - You can get a cheap one on Amazon for around $10, or get an OEM part from Crowley Marine for around $25. No idea on shipping to Canada. Plenty of YouTube videos on installation too. You should be up and running in a couple of weeks, not months.

Will be searching the internet later today. With luck my size/model impeller (pump kit) is readily available.
Maybe 20 or 30 years ago was the last time "I" (helping my dad) replaced one...really not hard just a pain when launch day is 6 days away!! I hope you are right that they are easy to find...a couple weeks would be optimal!!!
Post 156 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics - Good luck, Josh. I would watch a video first, take the motor apart, and try to determine if you need just the impeller or the whole water pump kit.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Good afternoon today.

Post 158 IP   flag post
Step 1!!
Took a."coffee" break
looks like a bolt or two to remove to get the extra section off (long shaft) to get to my impeller housing

Will look at it again on my lunch break

Post 159 IP   flag post
F@ck you motor!!

Took all lunch hour to get everything apart and the impeller looks fine
EXCEPT!! looks like some pieces of leaf in the water out tube in the housing.... reeeeaaalllyyy hope no pieces are further up the system!!

After work I'll put on new gaskets and gasket seal and lube etc.etc. and hopefully one put together everything will be fine for another 10yrs!!!

Post 160 IP   flag post
forgot to mention - there's an odd piece of rubber inside the housing out tube - pretty sure it shouldn't be there - wasn't on the Merc I did like 30 years ago - debating on to leave in or take out - water seems to flow fine when I stream some in under the tap and I think that is what will have hopefully stopped any leaf pieces from going further?
Post 161 IP   flag post
Haha!!!

What fun!!!!
Motor is running perfect again - yes!!!

BUT -lol.....I had the water turned off to the outside (from the winter) so I turned it on again to re-fill my test barrel - the back pressure? blew the fill tube in the upstairs toilet off it's base, flipping the lid - throwing the basket on top to the floor and with no shut off was over flowing from the reservoir!!!

Like a gosh darn Chevy Chase or Ernest P. Worrell movie!!!!

That at least was a quick fix/replace!!!

Now to lug this motor to the boat tomorrow and see about maybe getting help to put my mast up!!
Post 162 IP   flag post
Careful what you say, this is supposed to be a kid-friendly forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

… and see about maybe getting help to put my mast up!!
Post 163 IP   flag post
@esaravo lol!!

A guy at the club with an inboard had to have a couple people look at his shaft!!
Post 164 IP   flag post
Decent day on the water today. The wacky worm worked best.

Post 165 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
That’s when you just hook it in the center n let her dangle, yeah?
Post 166 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad - Yes, the hook is exposed, so it doesn’t work in areas with lots of weeds and can get snagged on an occasional rock or submerged branch. Today I used a 5” Yum Dinger in watermelon cotton candy with a 3/0 Gamakatsu extra wide gap worm hook. We were fishing pretty shallow, so no weight. They sell “special” wacky worm hooks, but I prefer to just use a wide gap worm hook. Then if I start getting snagged or bring up too many weeds, I can just reposition the worm to a Texas rig without having to swap out the hook.

Here’s what it looks like. It’s definitely not the way the “pros” fish it.

Post 167 IP   flag post
I used to fish for largemouth quite a bit and the wacky technique was starting to boom back then. I still haven’t ever tried it.
Post 168 IP   flag post
On vacation for a few days on Squam Lake.

Post 169 IP   flag post
The IRS suspected a fishing boat owner wasn't paying proper wages to his deckhand and sent an agent to investigate him.

IRS AUDITOR: "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them."

BOAT OWNER: "Well, there's Clarence, my deck hand, he's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $1,000 a week plus free room and board.

Then there's the mentally challenged guy. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of Bacardi rum and a dozen beers every Saturday night so he can cope with life. He also gets to sleep with my wife occasionally."

IRS AUDITOR: "That's The guy I'm here here to talk to- The mentally challenged one."

BOAT OWNER: "That would be me. What would you like to know?"
Post 170 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Florida boys have to be real careful grabbing their catch.

Post 171 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 - I have fished in Florida a few times, and can honestly say that I have seen several alligators, too up close and personal. The first time I fished from shore in Florida I jumped over a guard rail and walked down a bank to a small pond. I casted out my lure as I was walking quietly down the bank, so I was primarily looking at the water. When I reached the bottom of the bank and took in my surroundings, I noticed that there were several alligators sunning themselves along the edge of the water, only about 8 or 10 feet from where I was standing. I slowly reeled in my lure and quickly started walking backwards up the bank, thankful that I had not stepped on one.
Post 172 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I have not been so fortunate to be in danger from the gators. Snakes are more apt to do a person harm here than a gator. Careful jumping over them there guard rails...lol...
Post 173 IP   flag post
One lonely one in the box. I caught 4 with only the one keeper. The boat had trouble re starting so new spots were inhibited. The wind died, we lost the drift, and the bugs came out.

Post 174 IP   flag post
Long evening into night on the water last night. Here are my two best, but my friend Al caught the biggest one, a 3 3/4 pound largemouth on a spinnerbait right before sunset.

Post 175 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user

I caught this one last Sunday. Took the picture because of all the spots on the bass. I released the fish not knowing that it is an invasive species that have some how got in the lake. An Alabama bass. I have never heard of an Alabama bass until I saw the posting at the boat ramp. I was fishing Leesville Lake in Virginia.
Post 176 IP   flag post
This past Sunday, my fishing buddy Mike and I tried an 800-acre lake located in Worcester and Shrewsbury, Massachusetts for the first time. We caught some largemouth bass, some small smallmouth bass, and several small rock bass, a species I had not caught before and didn’t even know could be found in this area (bottom picture).

Post 177 IP   flag post
My buddy Al and I were on the water at 5 AM yesterday to try to beat the heat and humidity and get some fishing in on Indian Lake. It was hazy and humid, and we would have liked more of a breeze, but the fishing was very good. I grabbed a 5 pound plus largemouth on a popper pretty early, and Al landed a few nice bass too.

Post 178 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My son went fishing today and caught 2 things! Time to go to the ER (for his finger, not the fish).

Post 179 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Ouch. That bottom picture makes my balls hurt. 😬
Post 180 IP   flag post
615415 250 30