Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; fishing. Show your catch part 217499

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Weather wasn’t too cooperative until today and I got nothing. Beautiful here though.

Post 126 IP   flag post
I did get a beautiful fly fishing keepsake though.

Post 127 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I swear, if I don’t catch a damn fish soon I’m starting the “Fisherman’s Tail” thread. Because all I have is a tale..

We had beautiful weather today but the river was high af. Just walking to it I realized it would be a lost cause. A 3/8 oz weight is standard give or take an eight oz. After one cast I switched to 5/8 and still never felt the bottom. Add to all that a random current change and a guy starts swaying that was perfectly planted.

Dry out the gear for my next Fisherman’s Tail.
Post 128 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Do you have any buddies with a boat? Would that help?
Post 129 IP   flag post
That would scare me more than standing in it as far as I did. Ultimately one can walk across this river in august where I’m fishing. It’s not that deep everywhere. When it’s 8-10 ft deep though, tread with caution.
Post 130 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It’s finally time time to do some serious fishing! Here are the best ones from yesterday’s fishing trip. High temperature was around 50 degrees with mostly cloudy skies, and the wind was 15-20 mph with stronger gusts. Because of the wind, we picked a very small pond that is only about 20 acres in size. It is connected to other bodies of water through streams.

Post 131 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Boat repair!!!
The old deck drains literally disintegrated after 40+ yrs in the sun.
Went to measure the hose and it just broke off!!
Sooo....new drains and hose both port and starboard side! was also able to tighten my keel bolts using my impact gun and a big 1and1/4 socket!!

Had a temporary epoxy putty to cover the holes...discolouration should go away
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo, first time out in a while yesterday. Weather was the same here in Jersey, but my catch looks like bait compared to yours
Post 133 IP   flag post
Deck drains "fixed" ..just needs O clamps...onto pulling other fittings and glassing over the holes!!!

need to let things harden then go back and deal with the deck side of the patch
Post 134 IP   flag post
I made some bad decisions today but I still got 2. I lost one and decided to cross the river, and the island, to fish in the other half. I lost my gear immediately and had to walk all the way back.

Now I can never run for public office after this getting caught digitally.

Post 135 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad I'm sorry to hear you lost your gear, but that last photo is epic!!! LOL
Post 136 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Fish head. Gotta say that is a new one to me
Post 137 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I made some bad decisions today but I still got 2. I lost one and decided to cross the river, and the island, to fish in the other half. I lost my gear immediately and had to walk all the way back.

Is this when you lost your gear?
Post 138 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad That poor fish.
Post 139 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder, it’d take waaay more fish than one. Hahahahahah.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
🤔
Post 141 IP   flag post
I have another hour and a half until sunset but my stringer is pretty empty.

Post 142 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad feelin' randy again?! 😆 lol! j/k.
Post 143 IP   flag post
@heinzdad is that a Seawolves hat???
Post 144 IP   flag post
Si
Post 145 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad nice! Curve fan here.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Weather has been all over the place here. Rivers high and has not been great fishing since trout season opened in PA. Hopefully will have some luck this week after work or next weekend.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Uno mas…..

Post 148 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It was a lot cooler, cloudier, and windier than expected today, but we still went out and caught some fish. After catching a few dinks, Al caught a largemouth bass over 4 pounds, and an hour or so later, one over 3 pounds. I was catching pickerel and an occasional dink, myself, until much later I hooked up with one over 6 pounds. All in all, a pretty great day on the water.

Post 149 IP   flag post
Dang dude!!!! Congrats!
Post 150 IP   flag post
Very nice! My fishing plans and afternoon MiLB game were canceled due to downpours. Did get a new Altoona Curve hat at the stadium before they finally called it though. Lol
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
Nice catch. I am fishing a small bass tournament tomorrow on Smith mountain lake in Virginia. Hope to post some pictures tomorrow afternoon. 1st tournament I have fished in about 10 years.
Post 152 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
A Merc 90 @esaravo? Well played!

Post 153 IP   flag post
Well....it's boat put in time at the club..so I decided to throw the outboard in a drum to give it a test start before my launch next weekend.....

Started and went into gear easy enough...then I noticed no water coming out!!!!
Damned it!!! means the impeller is done....now to see what my model # is (7.5hp 1980's Evinrude), what kit I need and how long it will take to get it.
Last year a carb kit took 8 months to arrive.....if it's going to be that long for a water pump/impeller kit I may not be launching the boat this year.....soooooo frustrating!!!

Just got my sails measured too! so that my PHRF (handicap) rating could be calculated so I could do a few races

I hope the impeller kit is readily available
Post 154 IP   flag post
@KatKomics - You can get a cheap one on Amazon for around $10, or get an OEM part from Crowley Marine for around $25. No idea on shipping to Canada. Plenty of YouTube videos on installation too. You should be up and running in a couple of weeks, not months.
Post 155 IP   flag post
615415 250 30