Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; fishing. Show your catch part 217499

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Dead calm conditions, so I tricked this one into hitting a floating rapalla.

Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing like a top water hit sir, nice catch. These little guys were my go-to for topwater. Extremely versatile, sit and twitch, or trolling worked well
Post 77 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I never had much top water love. If there was a little wind I would have luck with a buzz bait but thats about it. I would always set the hook when I saw the bite, way too early.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Thought I posted this already but apparently not. No major luck. Weather played a factor except a day or two. Just pigfish, pinfish, and lizard fish.
Post 79 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 80 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful scenery
Post 81 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

This is even better than the scenery from Rings of Power. At least in the end you accomplished something.
Post 82 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I wish that was my back yard.
Post 83 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Beauty.... Congrats.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
I am heading to the North Carolina coast for a week of fishing with some friends. Hopefully I can post a few pictures. I have been waiting for this trip for months.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Fishing adjacent? Haul out starts at the club today. Between this weekend and next we will fill this yard up and more!!

Post 86 IP   flag post
Yesterday was another beautiful fall day on the water.

Post 87 IP   flag post

Caught thus one yesterday dropshoting for perch.
Post 88 IP   flag post

Beautiful sunset yesterday on Leesville Lake in Virginia. Can't wait to get to the North Carolina coast next week.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Spent yesterday on a beautiful body of water in Bridgeport, Massachusetts. The foliage is spectacular this time of year.

I caught two largemouth bass, two smallmouth bass, and two pickerel. Here’s one of the smallies.

My buddy Mike caught three largemouths and a pickerel. Here’s his best largemouth.

Post 90 IP   flag post
Just got back from Oak Island NC. Here are a few pictures from my boat trip.

Post 91 IP   flag post
Here are a few pictures from the pier.

Post 92 IP   flag post
Caught tons of these guys in the surf. Great to eat if they would just grow up a bit.
Post 93 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I live in Cape Cod now!

Post 94 IP   flag post
Not mine but last week this was caught about 30 miles east of the marina I go to….
Fourth largest smallmouth caught ever, anywhere.

Post 95 IP   flag post
Ohio anglers in Canadian waters on a bass boat….. Let that one sinker in.
Post 96 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I dont fish often but do have fishing stories. Years ago my uncle and my grandfather entered a fishing contest off of Long Island. I cant remember what they caught but they won. It was special because my grandfather at the time had colon cancer. was probably the last fun day he had as he died a shortly after on wee hours of Thanksgiving morning
Post 97 IP   flag post

Apparently the trash pandas know this is a good spot too.

Post 98 IP   flag post
Also first time using the simms tributary waders I bought. Wow. Night and day difference between cheap waders that “will do” that I’ve gotten in the past and a pair of good ones. I recommend Simms tributary waders and wading boots
Post 99 IP   flag post

Caught these guys Sunday drop shoting in 15 to 20 feet. Had 10 keepers.
Post 100 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra, I’m looking for a new set of insulated or neoprene waders for the fall. I’m out of touch on gear in my he past 10 years. Obviously you like simms but I’m not sure if that’s coooold water, any advice would be great.
Post 101 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad it all depends on usage and individual. Personally I like thinner waders for mobility and just layer underneath if needed. Also, I then only need one set of waders instead of 2. I was out in 30* with water to belly and warm wearing the waders, sweat pants, wool socks, thermals, hoody and also had a jacket if needed. Was comfortable all day. I use to have a pair of the thick neoprene from frogg toggs. They will keep you warm but you’ll hate them in summer or on the days where it’s freezing in the morning and warm in afternoon.

If you want a cheaper pair, frogg toggs are good. The aforementioned simms tributary that I have is also on sale in a few places for about 150-175. But you’ll need boots with them.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Right on. I’m familiar with layering but only one wader layer. Thanks dude!
Post 103 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad No problem my friend. Here is a link to the mentioned frogg toggs. These are not the ones I had failure issues with. Just too thick and hot for my liking. Don’t let the price at the frogg toggs site scare you. You can find them much cheaper after some shopping around.

https://www.froggtoggs.com/amphib-neoprene-boot-foot-2713343
Post 104 IP   flag post

Got a crappie and fallfish too but didn’t take pics.
Post 105 IP   flag post
598086 206 30