Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; fishing. Show your catch part 217499

Collector Optic_Blast private msg quote post Address this user
I just bought myself a baitcaster and will be trying it out this weekend.
Post 226 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Optic_Blast - Good luck! Here are some suggestions. Start out throwing a heavier lure, like a spinnerbait. Make sure you set your reel control to where the lure just starts falling very slowly when you put it in free-spool (you can loosen it more later, after you get used to it). Make some easy casts at first to get used to having your thumb on the spool. Gradually increase your distance. Backlashes are likely to occur as you get used to feathering and stopping the spool with your thumb. Don’t worry, you will get it. I usually bring two baitcasters and two spinning rods with me on fishing trips. I always use the baitcasters for jigs, spinnerbaits, most crankbaits, and big topwater baits.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Thanks! Lots of backlash but I'm just practicing today. Trout was biting the first 15 minutes I arrived but now it's been pretty dead. May pack up soon and try another day.
Post 228 IP   flag post
It wasn't a bad day after all. I walked away with 10 trouts. A couple of them were 3+lbs, the others in the good size 2 lbs. range.
Post 229 IP   flag post
I caught this beauty a few weeks ago. This sucker was beautiful.

Post 230 IP   flag post

This was my haul from a couple weeks back.

My cooler was overflowing with fish. You can see the monster fish poking his head out from the other fish.
Post 231 IP   flag post
For comparison. These were pretty good size fish at about 16"-20".

They filled the sink tub pretty well.

This monster needed it's own tub. This was over 8lbs.

Post 232 IP   flag post
After I gutted and cleaned them, it was time to pack them up to take home to do some cooking. I'm going to need to get a bigger chopping block.

Finally, off to the smoker.

Post 233 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optic_Blast
After I gutted and cleaned them, it was time to pack them up to take home to do some cooking. I'm going to need to get a bigger chopping block.

Finally, off to the smoker.

Post 234 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Spent a few days in Holderness, NH with a few of my bass fishing pals. We rented a house on Squam Lake, and took advantage of some excellent smallmouth bass fishing.

Post 235 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Not much catching today but it was nice on the lake. We didn’t get started early because we had to put the boat in and get the dock squared away. We went to put it in after work a few weeks back but the whole carb ended up needing to be re built.

Post 236 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
Caught these this morning. Not to bad for 3 hours of fishing.
Post 237 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Took my nieces to the farm fishing this morning, even had a rare double catch.

Post 238 IP   flag post
@Rbolton - Looks like you have some Pontoon boat fun, and an awesome double on a Whopper Plopper too!
Post 239 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo correct on both accounts! Gutted an old pontoon, put new flooring and trolling motor in it to keep out at the farm for when I take the nieces and nephews fishing. They move around way to much for a Jon boat.
Post 240 IP   flag post
We got 40 perch today. That was 4 dudes and 6 hours on the water. Sooooooo, not that great.

I straight up tapped out on cleaning fish today. I’d clean 40 if we caught them in 2 hours but not 6. We dropped them off to get cleaned and it was 16 lbs of perch.
Post 241 IP   flag post
Long day today. Up at 3:30 AM, on the water by 5:30 AM. Fished until noon. Got back in to the dock about 2 PM. Pretty rough on the Bay today, but me and my buddy Bob ended up with a couple of keeper fluke (summer flounder) and a scup. We also caught several dogfish, sea robins, small black sea bass, and small fluke. Then you have to clean the fish (only 3 each Brian, but still a chore when you’ve been on the water all day). Looking forward to the eating part tomorrow.

Post 242 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Hushpuppies and fries?
Post 243 IP   flag post
I was out today as well Ed. Not much luck on account of a massive cold front 2 days ago. Either way, it was nice out there today even though I had to clean fish.

I'll be joining you in eating tomorrow.

Post 244 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder - I like to lightly fry the flounder in a frying pan without batter. I use some butter, some pepper and paprika, and after I turn the fish, cover it with crushed Ritz crackers. Turn off the heat, cover the pan to let it finish cooking. Let it cool a few minutes, then enjoy with a side of rice and a veggie (and a cool beverage).
Post 245 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My son is working in Montana and got some fishing in on his day off...

Post 246 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Pre_Coder - I like to lightly fry the flounder in a frying pan without batter. I use some butter, some pepper and paprika, and after I turn the fish, cover it with crushed Ritz crackers. Turn off the heat, cover the pan to let it finish cooking. Let it cool a few minutes, then enjoy with a side of rice and a veggie (and a cool beverage).

You can't go wrong with rice with ANY meal... breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Post 247 IP   flag post
Me and my buddy Al had one of our best days bass fishing in a while yesterday. (Yes, his two best fish were bigger than my two best.)

Post 248 IP   flag post
@esaravo those are some nice ones!
Post 249 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Light winds that slowly shifted form WSW to N!!
Still better than doing chores around the house!!!

Post 250 IP   flag post
614878 250 25