Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeFor Sale

Vacation fuel fund sale!! Offers welcome, yes to combined shipping!!!17496

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
So, I've sold CGC slabs here before...it went okay. I'm going to try again, with revamped prices, photos/scans, and only a few at a time.

I've recently started getting into, and buying, pre-code bondage and horror slabbed comics. I'm trying to replenish my funds IN ORDER TO BUY MORE!!! Lol. Most of my Copper/Modern slabs aren't too special for me to hold on to, so I'm willing to part with them. I am keeping a few because I enjoy them, or because they are signed by a favorite artist, etc.

I'm not a speculator and I don't have the stuff that people out there are looking for...the high value, speculated stuff. I do have some cool items though...some of you have probably seen my last slab sales thread (it's locked BTW). So I will be pricing these slabs using GPA and eBay averages, although I'm always open to offers even if the listing doesn't say so. Just send me a DM.

I'll accept checks, money orders, or PayPal...the latter being a last resort, because PayPal sucks. Checks will have to clear before I ship, so a cashiers check might be better. This will save the buyer, and myself, time otherwise needed to wait for a check to clear.

No returns on these slabs...sales are final. If there's a problem with a shipment (damage, lost, etc.), we'll discuss it in DM. I will be forthright on any issues with the slabs, but all of them will be cosmetic issues and/or Newton Rings. These things will be stated in the listing.

All prices include shipping (Priority Mail), and I will pay for insurance for any item(s) priced over $50.

Please, don't message me about buying something if you're not going to acknowledge my DM in return. I had a few instances of that the last time around, so it was probably a scam or somebody screwing around. If you take something in the thread and don't communicate with me about the sale afterwards, you're on 'the list'. I will NOT email you to discuss a potential sale either. All transactions will happen here first. I appreciate you all working with me on this.

For those of you that haven't dealt with me before, I have a couple of locked threads here that other buyers have left feedback on. They aren't hard to find, but I can provide links upon request. I am currently running a Silver/Bronze Age raw comic thread as well...there's some feedback there too.

Please don't hesitate to message me with questions (offers too). Any updates to the thread will be posted as I go. Thanks for visiting!!!

Okay, on with the show!!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
following
Post 2 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
following

Much obliged.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
Can't wait!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad
Can't wait!!

Thanks a lot for your interest!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
follow
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Show me what you have.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Okay, first two updates for the thread. I decided NOT to make the initial post longer. Damn thing reads like a book!!!

Update #1: My scanner isn't adequate enough, or big enough, to provide hi-res scans. However, my phone has a great camera so I will take pics of slabs when necessary. I'll be using older photos that already look good. If more pics are needed, please message me.

Update #2: To start, I will add another slab listing immediately if a previous one is grabbed/taken in the thread. This will help keep the thread from getting too big, too fast. It will also allow me to make edits to listings because, as you know, edits can only be done inside 24 hours.

Thanks!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERB_in_CLT
follow

Thank you!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Show me what you have.

You got it, my friend!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Gah!!! I almost forgot!!! If we are in DM talks for a slab/slabs and someone else snags it/them in the thread, the 'take' gets priority. I will do my best to moderate any close calls, but I'm pretty easy to work with too. Any comments, suggestions, or questions, don't hesitate to let me know

Okay, enough screwing around!!! Listing number one coming right up!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-Man #375, holo-grafix cover (direct). This story leads into Venom’s mini-series ‘Venom: Lethal Protector’. It also features an appearance by Silver Sable and the Wild Pack.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. Even though I don't have graders notes, this copy does have a few cosmetic scratches on the foil cover. Otherwise, it's perfect.

$90 shipped

Post 12 IP   flag post
I thought about keeping this one, but if it sells, it will go a ways into potentially buying a 'Chesler' bondage slab. Lol

Saban's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 (1994). The comic includes the original bound-in White Ranger Power Up card.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a couple of small Newton 'spots' over Red Ranger's head, as well as a couple of very small scuffs inside the back of the slab, near the right corner area.

$300 shipped (or best offer)

Post 13 IP   flag post
Action Comics #991, Bradshaw/Anderson lenticular cover. This issue is Part 5 of 'The Oz Effect' story.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a number of Newton Rings inside the front of this slab...difficult to see against the lenticular background. I've never had a slab reholdered due to Newton Rings. They are a semi-normal aspect, in my opinion. If the rings were coving the entire front and/or back cover, then I would consider it. I don't sub anymore anyhow. :P

$45 shipped

Post 14 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #1, Aspen Comics/Michael Turner sketch edition. The last sales info I could find was from over a year ago, at $180 on GPA.

CGC 9.9, White Pages. There are a few areas of Newton Rings around the building on the front cover. There are a few cosmetic scratches on the back of the slab.

$180 shipped (or best offer)

Post 15 IP   flag post
While I'm thinking about it, don't hesitate to ask if I have anything in particular...within the last 5 to 10 years mainly. I have seven slab boxes full of stuff, so this thread may take some time...if sales go well enough.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Batman #92, Artgerm 'Punchline' variant (2016 series). Just a bit of gee whiz: issue credits list Francesco Mattina as the artist for the variant cover, but the cover is signed by Stanley "Artgerm" Lau. This Artgerm cover was originally planned as a variant cover for issue #94, but was moved up to issue #92. However, the issue credits were not updated to reflect this change.

I have 2 of these slabs, but only pictures of one certification number. I can provide pics of the other slab if needed.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. Both slabs shows a few very small & minor scuffs or schmutz on them.

$60 shipped (each copy)

Post 17 IP   flag post
Venom #20 (LGY #185), Unknown Comics/Tony Daniels 'virgin' cover B. This comic comes with a COA stating it is #343 out of 500 limited copies.

The last 9.8 sold for $98, per GPA info. This was back in May 2021. There is a best offer listing for one on eBay for $169.99. Nuts!!!!

CGC 9.8, White Pages. The front of the slab shows a couple of superficial scratches near the center.

$90 shipped

Post 18 IP   flag post
That's going to do it for the moment, everyone. As you can plainly see, I'm not listing these in any particular order because it looks like I really need to update photos of a bunch of my slabs. I don't have them all right in close proximity either. I prefer to take photos en masse, rather than one at a time. Also, I want to make sure I look them over for any potential 'defects', since I haven't handled a lot of them for quite some time.

I'll either start up again later this evening, or sometime tomorrow. Thanks for looking!!! Again, please feel free to DM me with questions, offers, etc.

Post 19 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #1, Scorpion Comics/Barry Kitson sketch edition.

CGC 9.9, White Pages. There is a small amount of minor Newton Rings inside the front and back, as well as a few cosmetic scratches front and back.

The last one of these sold back in 2020 for $111, per GPA. I'm giving it a bit of a boost.

$135 shipped

Post 20 IP   flag post
Okay, this next batch of slab listings are cheapies...as in lower grades, lower prices. My loss is your gain.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 (LGY #802), Shane Davis 1:25 incentive variant.

CGC 9.4, White Pages. There are small areas of Newton Rings inside the front and back, along with superficial scratches.

$35 shipped

Post 21 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-Man #21 (LGY #822), Josemaria Casanovas 1:25 incentive variant.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. There's a very small Newton 'spot' on Kraven's face. I definitely spent too much getting this one slabbed. It was even pressed.

$45 shipped

Post 22 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-Man #21 (LGY #822), The Comic Mint/Junggeun Yoon cover A. This variant comes with a COA stating it is #246 out of 1000 limited copies.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. There is a mild Newton Ring spot on Kraven's knife hand, as well as a much smaller spot on the back side...same area. In the photo below, you'll notice a 'ding' to the case (left of my ceiling fan lights). There is another one on the opposite side, but less noticeable. I received the slab like this. It doesn't appear to be cracked...more like a defect in the plastic. I could be wrong, so I lowered the price a little more than what I was intending. I spent too much on this one too...damnit.

$45 shipped

Post 23 IP   flag post
That's all for tonight. Thanks everyone for your interest!!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Okay, there hasn't been much interest in any slabs thus far...and that's okay. That's the nature of the 'business'. Let's try and spice it up a bit with a few Signature Series slabs, shall we?
Post 25 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #1, John Romita, Jr. variant. This copy was signed by John Romita, Jr. and Scott Snyder on 'Batman Day--2016'.

CGC SS 9.9, White Pages. The front and back of the slab shows a mild number of Newton Rings and spots, as well as light cosmetic scratches, which I believe come from the plastic bag the slab is in...lots of shifting and moving.

The last sale for one of these comics was back in 2018.

$200 shipped (or best offer)

Post 26 IP   flag post
Dark Knight III: The Master Race #2, Andy Kubert cover. 'From the collection of Frank Miller', this issue is signed by Andy Kubert, Frank Miller, Klaus Janson, and Brian Azzarello.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. Inside the front and back of the slab are a few Newton 'spots', as well as some light cosmetic scratches. The scuffs seen on the back are actually inside the inner well because the comic does shift slightly inside the slab. It was always like this. In my opinion, I believe this is because the slab is a deeper style, which wasn't necessary for this comic book.

$150 shipped

Post 27 IP   flag post
Dark Knight III: The Master Race #3, Andy Kubert cover. 'From the collection of Frank Miller'. This issue is signed by Andy Kubert, Frank Miller, Klaus Janson, and Brian Azzarello.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are a few areas of mild Newton Rings and spots inside the front and back, along with some cosmetic scratches. The inner well shows mild waviness on the front and back. CGC must have been in a hurry back in 2016.

$150 shipped

Post 28 IP   flag post
Dark Knight III: The Master Race #5, Midtown Comics Sketch edition. This variant is signed by Andy Kubert, Frank Miller, Klaus Janson, and Brian Azzarello.

CGC SS 9.6, White Pages. There are Newton Rings and spots inside the front and back of the slab...mostly the front. Both sides also shows mild cosmetic scratches.

$175 shipped (or best offer)

Post 29 IP   flag post
Dark Knight III: The Master Race #8, Andy Kubert cover. This comic is signed by Andy Kubert, Frank Miller, Klaus Janson, and Brian Azzarello.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are a few Newton 'spots' inside the front of the slab, along with cosmetic scratches on both sides. Again, this comic was encapsulated insider a deeper setup (not necessary) causing some mild scuffs inside the inner well. The comic does shift slightly inside the slab.

$150 shipped

Post 30 IP   flag post
601308 236 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.