Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Wonder Twins movie canceled17493

Collector Jsmead1 private msg quote post Address this user
DC scraps Wonder Twins movie

Hope no one bought big on 1st appearances thinking they'll get rich.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I can't believe it was even considered
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Bummer. While I was dubious that the Wonder Twins had enough going for them to justify a movie, I was still looking forward to it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Poor Gleek.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
dc seems to be axing a lot lately. first batwoamn then legends....now this.
Post 5 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
It is because DC is more distributed properties rather than a vertically managed IP.

It is clear they (WB) are repositioning to more tightly control what they see as their greatest content source (DC).

Note that Marvel was fragmented with poor performing IP through the 90s and early 00s.

Given Disney’s recent string of money losing films, distractions and likely need to cut back, WB likely smells blood in the water. They are looking to invest heavily but will build out Superman, Batman and then the major second tier characters (Flash, Wonder-woman, Green Lantern, Shazam, etc).
Post 6 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
dc seems to be axing a lot lately. first batwoamn then legends....now this.

DC is going under a massive restructuring now that Warner Discovery has come into being. It it going to get worse before it gets better.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
As crazy as a wonder twins movie sounds they could have done anything with it if they had decent writers and ideas.... which of course is DCs strong suit??
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Wonder Twins should be animated
Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
They are looking to invest heavily but will build out Superman, Batman and then the major second tier characters (Flash, Wonder-woman, Green Lantern, Shazam, etc).

I think there is a "head fake" component to a lot of these announcements. I think you are correct that there are the "big 2" and the second tier 5 or 6. I believe a lot of the rest of it is just floated out there...meant to keep the conversation going and maybe get some feedback.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
Wonder Twins should be animated

I would totally watch that. DC has been doing so well with their animated shows.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Was curious about this movie. Would have had to have a seriously good reimagining (ala GotG) to keep from being juvenile. That is stating the obvious, I guess.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Was curious about this movie. Would have had to have a seriously good reimagining (ala GotG) to keep from being juvenile. That is stating the obvious, I guess.

Exactly, I was shocked they made a guardians movie and even more shocked how much I enjoyed it. When I heard about a Wonder Twins project I was more than a bit concerned and also curious who exactly their audience would have been.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

Exactly, I was shocked they made a guardians movie and even more shocked how much I enjoyed it. When I heard about a Wonder Twins project I was more than a bit concerned and also curious who exactly their audience would have been.

I've been delighted on many occasions and often pleasantly surprised by productions evolving from Marvel Studio's collaborations with Disney.

That said, just based on track-records, common sense wisdom would seem to be 1) never wager against the Marvel Universe and 2) never bet the farm on anything coming out of the DC Universe. In fairness, I realize DC's productions involve widely differing creative visions, ...but damn!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

I have to admit, before the first Thor movie released I was like "sell before the movie hits theatres!". With Guardians I had the same thoughts initially. I thought the idea was ridiculous. But by time it released I had seen enough trailers to be really excited about it. Then Eternals came out and regenerated all my concerns about holding books after the release.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It is because DC is more distributed properties rather than a vertically managed IP.

It is clear they (WB) are repositioning to more tightly control what they see as their greatest content source (DC).

Note that Marvel was fragmented with poor performing IP through the 90s and early 00s.

Given Disney’s recent string of money losing films, distractions and likely need to cut back, WB likely smells blood in the water. They are looking to invest heavily but will build out Superman, Batman and then the major second tier characters (Flash, Wonder-woman, Green Lantern, Shazam, etc).

Dc/warner has no clue. Only 2 they have gotten right are nolan batman and nothing else
Post 16 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting take.

Joker alone refutes your statement below. It was more financially successful overall than End Game. Mind blown?

Then consider the multiple Marvel whiffs since End Game was released. Even with massive advertising investment, cross-promotion ecosystem, and related hype.

The Batman was a massive success. For a reboot series (not sequel) in particular.

Disney/Marvel has been flailing lately except Spidey (Sony!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesidio
Quote:

Dc/warner has no clue. Only 2 they have gotten right are nolan batman and nothing else
Post 17 IP   flag post
600838 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?