Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I sure did. Just went and put on some gloves and got the poor guy outta there. He couldn't have been there long because they aren't built for swimming.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user

Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
My cats are indoor-only cats, so I don't receive gifts like that anymore. In the past my family has traditionally allowed cats outside, and they brought us birds, mice, rabbits, squirrels, lizards, etc., etc. Sometimes they would bring us live things and we would get to chase them around the house before catching and releasing them. My favourites were baby bunnies, a quail chick, and a live mole that the cat had dropped into the toilet, which left me with nowhere appropriate to piss myself when I discovered that the unflushed, semi-log-like brown thing in there had eyes and was moving.

That list definitely takes the cake, but as a kid, my cats managed to bring 2 bats and a flying squirrel into the house alive. Not at the same time, that would be weird
Post 278 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I take this look a lot more seriously now.

Post 279 IP   flag post
@DrWatson
You're on the menu now...
Post 280 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Stupid question.
If you strap a bell on a cat and it isn't one if those easy release collars, won't the cat run the risk of hanging itself?

My buddies cat she said went through multiple collars a week. I'm not sure if the cat was just too smart to have one on. Or if it was a crappy brand.

It should be a small bell that doesn't hang and doesn't make enough noise to drive you crazy. Just enough to warn the critters that they are about to be pounced on from the blind side.
Post 281 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Stupid question.
If you strap a bell on a cat and it isn't one if those easy release collars, won't the cat run the risk of hanging itself?

My buddies cat she said went through multiple collars a week. I'm not sure if the cat was just too smart to have one on. Or if it was a crappy brand.

It should be a small bell that doesn't hang and doesn't make enough noise to drive you crazy. Just enough to warn the critters that they are about to be pounced on from the blind side.

Best to use a 'breakaway' collar, too. If the collar gets hooked on something, a breakaway clasp opens and the cat gets away. It does mean that cat parents need to purchase new collars on occasion, but everyone is safer.
Post 282 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Every year I set up a small freshwater aquarium in my classroom. My first addition this year is Molly the blue crayfish.

Post 283 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Not a pet of ours, but a pet for a day. Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, UT let’s you have a sleepover critter in their hotel…cat, dog, or rabbits. We, of course, wanted a cat. A sleepover helps the animals get used to people so they can be adopted out. This guy, Elton, won us over but we couldn’t bring him home…yet. We were on a driving vacation.

We are avid supporters now…must’ve donated close to a grand while we were there. Everything from their souvenirs to their hotel goes straight to the society/sanctuary. Google them on the web!!! The sanctuary in Kanab alone had around 700 cats!!!

Post 284 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

Very pretty
Post 285 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Here's Zelda guarding my DC collection

Post 286 IP   flag post
@MurrayC
Zelda has her priorities!!
Post 287 IP   flag post
Bear took out the bird feeder... again.

Post 288 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's Monkey being Monkey...again. 🤣🤣🤣

Post 289 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Winnie, our new kitten is getting along with everyone

Post 290 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Bear took out the bird feeder... again.

Post 291 IP   flag post
@OGJackster
Such a beautiful tortie girl, she reminds me of my little Copper.

Post 292 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd A couple of weeks ago a friend of ours in California on FB asked if anyone would like to have a kitten. My wife jokingly said, "yes if you deliver to Las Vegas."
She said, "I'll be there Tuesday."
And that's how we got Winnie.

Post 293 IP   flag post
I would take that sweetie in a heartbeat. Love torties.
Post 294 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

Solo doesn't sleep... he waits for his next adventure with his ball.
Post 295 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 296 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Multi-tsking! Is that a different dog than we've seen before...or just a different angle?
Post 297 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia
I don't think that's the same dog-booty we saw a little while back. I'll say different dog.
Post 298 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 299 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 300 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 301 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
One day roughly 13 years ago I came home to find my family standing in the kitchen. My (then) 3-year-old grandson approached me pointing and shouting, "Papa, LOOK!"
I looked down and saw a scrawny, roughly 5-month-old cat (kitten?) trotting up to me meow-ing her head off.
I love animals, and losing my last pet 22 years ago crushed me, so when I saw her, I instantly felt a great deal of affection and dread because I knew one day I would again be crushed, but not taking her in wasn't even an option- She adopted me the moment she ran up to me.
Ever since she's either been attached to my lap or waiting for me to come home.

Post 302 IP   flag post
@Siggy
Beautiful calico! She's clearly a daddy's girl.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Our new cats, Harley and Natasha. They look cute here but they're not getting along great at the moment. I hope that changes

Post 304 IP   flag post
You should have named them Boris and Natasha, lol.
Post 305 IP   flag post
600863 999 30