Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern Age

Submitted at WonderCon and membership benefits ignored17468

Collector Ketchyfilms private msg quote post Address this user
I completely understand CBCS is slammed right now but I am terribly confused by some of the moves lately.

First, I submitted in-person at WonderCon on 4/2. My regular Modern submission finally showed up as being processed last week (36 books). Then my submission of 5 books (2 2day Modern and 3 fast passes) didn’t show up until yesterday. To top it off, they completely disregarded the membership perks I used and instead made them all “Express”.

This bugs me for two reasons:

1) They reclassified 2day submissions to a 14 day TRT tier

2) Even if all of the books are now Express, they are well past the TRT for that tier, having only shown up as processing.

Worst of all, no one is replying to my emails on the topic. I came to expect this of CGC but never thought CBCS would get hit this way.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
The 2-Day Tier is 2 day in name only as turnaround times for all the old tiers were fluid, changing with volume. They were running at about 2-3 weeks. The 14 business day tier has the advantage of a guaranteed turnaround time or your money back.

The turnaround time for convention submissions has historically began the Wednesday after the end of the convention (4/6). Yes, that still means the 14 day express tier are past their TAT (4/26). Ergo, your 14-day express grading fees SHOULD be waived unless convention procedures have changed recently.

Unfortunately CBCS customer service has been bad for years now, even before covid and the big rush recently. Can’t do much aside from emailing repeatedly
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Ketchyfilms - Like @ @dielinfinite mentioned, the Estimated TAT for 2 Day Modern was in fact 2 weeks and the TAT start for convention is the Wednesday after the con. The big question is are you paying the fees based on 4/2 or the new fees? If you are charged based on the new fees, then yes the "Guaranteed" TAT is passed and I would think you would be due a credit. If the fees charged were based on the 2 Day Modern (prior to the 4/6 price increase, the even though you may be seeing the Express on the sub, really, it is still a 2 Day Modern submission with a non-guaranteed TAT which was estimated to be 2 weeks as of March 22nd and like was mentioned could still very well be in that 2-3 week zone.

HOWEVER, here is the big rub, unless I am misinterpreting, you said your second submission of 5 comics was 2 2 day Moderns and 3 fast passes...The three fast passes would have had an estimated TAT of 16 weeks, so if that was one combined submission of all 5 comics, the 2 Day moderns would actually have the same TAT as the 16 week Fast Passes, so if you get that submission back in before 16 weeks, you are ahead of the game.
Post 4 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
2-day, for me, was never more than 10 days from drop off at USPS until the day I received them. If that time increased in the last few weeks to that 14-21 days as stated, I don't know. Still, if you had 2 2-day vouchers, and they turned that into paid express... That's messed up.

Customer service is terrible, as we all know. But this change over in the structuring of the product they offer has been quite a mess itself. I'm still trying to find out what "Bronze" membership offers me since I'm still within that year, but I'm also trying to find out what the "fast pass" vouchers are even good for now, since I hadn't used them yet. No one will tell me.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if customer service wouldn't even know the answers, even if they did reply. But I would at least like to find out when my membership expires.

Had they only done what most businesses do by explaining "here's what happens if you already have a paid membership..."

In your case, if they live up to their money back guarantee, it looks like you should be getting that money back.... some of which they shouldn't be charging you in the first place.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I Have a screen shot showing 2 week estimated TAT for 2 Day Modern as of 3/22. Not at home now but can upload when I get home.
Post 6 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
I Have a screen shot showing 2 week estimated TAT for 2 Day Modern as of 3/22. Not at home now but can upload when I get home.

If that was for me, since it doesn't show who you're replying to, that's OK. I believe you. Was just stating my own experience with 2-day.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Ketchyfilms private msg quote post Address this user
At no point in time was I told my 2day submissions would be delayed because the other books were fast pass. If that is really a policy then they should state that up front to anyone who is dropping off in person. I literally would have had them split the order had I known that type of nonsense was at play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Ketchyfilms - Like @ @dielinfinite mentioned, the Estimated TAT for 2 Day Modern was in fact 2 weeks and the TAT start for convention is the Wednesday after the con. The big question is are you paying the fees based on 4/2 or the new fees? If you are charged based on the new fees, then yes the "Guaranteed" TAT is passed and I would think you would be due a credit. If the fees charged were based on the 2 Day Modern (prior to the 4/6 price increase, the even though you may be seeing the Express on the sub, really, it is still a 2 Day Modern submission with a non-guaranteed TAT which was estimated to be 2 weeks as of March 22nd and like was mentioned could still very well be in that 2-3 week zone.

HOWEVER, here is the big rub, unless I am misinterpreting, you said your second submission of 5 comics was 2 2 day Moderns and 3 fast passes...The three fast passes would have had an estimated TAT of 16 weeks, so if that was one combined submission of all 5 comics, the 2 Day moderns would actually have the same TAT as the 16 week Fast Passes, so if you get that submission back in before 16 weeks, you are ahead of the game.
Post 8 IP   flag post
601275 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?