Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

WonderCon 2022 Drop Offs17392

It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
New to the forums here, as well as CBCS in general. I’m wondering if anyone one can help answer a question.
I dropped off three books I bought at WonderCon. I had someone from the table go with me to witness signatures.
I have my invoice that was written up at the show, but when I log into my account, I don’t see anything there.
I’ve read threads about the turn around times being long, so I’m wondering if that is the issue, or am I missing something?
I would think the order would show up, or that I would have received an email confirming the books are received.
Do I just need to be patient? 🤓
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Patience is the key. I had a signed book turned in at Baltimore Comic Con last October; it appeared in my profile in January. Assume it's fine for a few more months.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Ketchyfilms private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush_is_a_band
Hi,
New to the forums here, as well as CBCS in general. I’m wondering if anyone one can help answer a question.
I dropped off three books I bought at WonderCon. I had someone from the table go with me to witness signatures.
I have my invoice that was written up at the show, but when I log into my account, I don’t see anything there.
I’ve read threads about the turn around times being long, so I’m wondering if that is the issue, or am I missing something?
I would think the order would show up, or that I would have received an email confirming the books are received.
Do I just need to be patient? 🤓

I too dropped off at WonderCon - 40+ books in fact. The first batch of 36 books showed up in the system yesterday as being received. The remaining issues are still TBC. All of that to say, patience is key.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Makeminedeadpool private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped of one book for 1-day tier and nothing yet. I just wanna know the boom is there.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen it take over 2 months for books to appear from a con. I dropped off 10 books and nothing yet, but I expected that.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the replies everyone. It really helps hearing your experiences. I’ve collected for years, but I’m just dipping my toe into having books graded. I look forward to receiving them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
You should get them back early 2024!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
An Update on the books I dropped off at Wonder on Sunday, April 3rd. Today I just got a notice that my credit card was charged. I looked at my dashboard, and the status on my invoice changed from "Submitted" to "Processing." I know I probably still have an 8-12 month wait for my books, but I do feel a slight sense of relief that my order is at least acknowledged.

And, it's quite a bit faster than expected.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector frankthecomicguy private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Must be nice. I submitted (1) high value book on Friday 4/1/22 and it is still not logged. I don't know if they are working backwards or what but I will never be submitting at a Con again. If I would have mailed it in for the One Day service I would have had it back already.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It is kinda nice, but I know how you feel. Mine are all mid to low grade so I was happy to save on the shipping. Good luck @frankthecomicguy.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Rush_is_a_band, I've seen (on other threads) that several of the WonderCon submissions have been updated to "processing", Have yours?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Rush_is_a_band - Welcome to the Forum!

From what I have seen from others, looks like Wondercon submissions have been getting entered over the past several days to week, so yours will probably show up on your dashboard soon. Also, CBCS had been signaling a price increase for April prior to Wondercon, so they probably got deluged, once again, with submissions in March and through the first week or so of April. You may want to email customer service with you invoice info just to make sure that they have your correct email, just in case.

Even if your submission does not show up on the dashboard yet, your estimated TAT started the Wednesday after the Con. Here was the estimated TATs as of 3/22:

Post 12 IP   flag post
601431 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?