Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

Big shout out to the FORUM!!17390

Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I've been a MARVEL guy since 1967 with very little DC mixed in. Then I started seeing and reading posts about some character named "ZATANNA". Not knowing who this was I looked into it and saw that she is very interesting character. Then I saw a piece of original art at auction, bid on it and won. Now I'm the owner of a cool piece comic book history. Thank you all for your posts! Here's the piece I won.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Wow
I'm jealous
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Wow
I'm jealous

It is pretty cool.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
In my opinion you should get the corresponding book and frame them.

I want to do that with my mephisto piece
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:

I would love to do that if I wasn't so afraid of it fading.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I have most of my original art framed by Michael's and they used museum quality glass and acid free stuff. It's kinda pricey so it's best to wait for their 75% off sales. Here are examples. Granted I never got around to hanging the stuff but at least I know they are preserved....

Post 7 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:

I would love to do that if I wasn't so afraid of it fading.

Mate get it framed behind UV resistant glass. 👍
Post 8 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to do my only original comic book art later in the year with UV glass.

Probably cost more then the page and the book originally.

I'll have the original page in the middle with the finished printed page on the left hand side and pull off the cover and have that on the right hand side of the frame.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
I thought we were shut out of something, but I see it was meant to be "shout out". Oops.

Nice artwork, by the way. Congrats!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher5866 private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful piece! Love it! Congratulations!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I'm going to do my only original comic book art later in the year with UV glass.

Probably cost more then the page and the book originally.

I'll have the original page in the middle with the finished printed page on the left hand side and pull off the cover and have that on the right hand side of the frame.

That would look pretty awesome!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
I have most of my original art framed by Michael's and they used museum quality glass and acid free stuff. It's kinda pricey so it's best to wait for their 75% off sales. Here are examples. Granted I never got around to hanging the stuff but at least I know they are preserved....

That looks amazing!!! That does give me ideas.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
I thought we were shut out of something, but I see it was meant to be "shout out". Oops.

Nice artwork, by the way. Congrats!

Hahaha!! You are so correct and I have made the correction. Thank you.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
The world needs more Zatanna, way to go. I can almost guess whos thread was talking about her!
Post 15 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Holy s**t.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgeous piece of original art! WOW! So jealous.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I did that with my Sal Buscema pages from Captain America and Avengers. Just the covers, as I did not have to heart to gut the books to show the printed pages.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector PDGray private msg quote post Address this user
I had probably 20-30 original art pages that were with my books that got stolen about 6 years ago.

Today I only have a couple of pieces of original art, no pages though. I will have to post those later though.

Love the pieces here though - that Quesada Batman is ridiculous!

PDG
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@Rafel That's a really cool piece. Congrats. I wouldn't mind having that myself. As far as framing, it's like @Bronte said. You can get protective glass to frame it in. I've had this piece hanging up for close to 20 years now and it looks exactly like the day I bought it. It was a little pricy but it was worth every penny. I know this is not the best quality picture because the lighting is bad. It looks much better in person.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
@Rafel That's a really cool piece. Congrats. I wouldn't mind having that myself. As far as framing, it's like @Bronte said. You can get protective glass to frame it in. I've had this piece hanging up for close to 20 years now and it looks exactly like the day I bought it. It was a little pricy but it was worth every penny. I know this is not the best quality picture because the lighting is bad. It looks much better in person.

That is very, very nice indeed. I like the matting. It really brings out the art work. If I do get it framed, I want to add the cover of the comic book and page the piece is in. I think it would look pretty cool. Thank you for sharing your treasure.
Post 21 IP   flag post
600644 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?